Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seat question...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Am I right in thinking that if a mate has a famliy season ticket for him and his 9 yr old, if he can't make it one game, I will only be able to use it if I take a kid with me?

I won't be able to just go by myself?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Am I right in thinking that if a mate has a famliy season ticket for him and his 9 yr old, if he can't make it one game, I will only be able to use it if I take a kid with me?

Yes, I think so - unless you can convince the stewards on the gate with the old "My son's already in there with the missus, I'm just running late". Not that I'd approve of such dishonesty...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Apparently so, but it seems such a completely Blatter idea, that I still find it hard to believe that the rule will remain.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Thanks all, so sounds like if the opportunity arose to borrow his ticket which is in the family stand, I should be ok to go alone, and not have to bring some random kid along!

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
What we were told last season, and in previous seasons, was that, if our kids did not come to some of the games in the family stand (school nights etc) then we were OK to go in by ourselves but couldn't upgrade the kids tickets for other adults to use. The policy being, that groups of adults without kids could not go in the FS. The club were prepared to upgrade the kids tickets to adult tickets and move to another part of the ground, so long as it wasn't a sell-out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks all, so sounds like if the opportunity arose to borrow his ticket which is in the family stand, I should be ok to go alone, and not have to bring some random kid along!

I've got an ST in the family with my 5 yr old, and when purchasing my ticket, they were pretty clear (and a manager came across to clarify) that I would not be allowed in unless I had a child with me. I asked about situations such as my son being ill on the day of the game, could I go in, and the answer was no, not unless I was with a child.

I also agree that it will surely be difficult to police. For example, next to me is a friend with seats for both his kids, so I would therefore get in with them without my own son.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've got an ST in the family with my 5 yr old, and when purchasing my ticket, they were pretty clear (and a manager came across to clarify) that I would not be allowed in unless I had a child with me. I asked about situations such as my son being ill on the day of the game, could I go in, and the answer was no, not unless I was with a child.

I also agree that it will surely be difficult to police. For example, next to me is a friend with seats for both his kids, so I would therefore get in with them without my own son.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

This. I also asked and the club were quite clear on this point.

However, they also said that if you buy a child's season ticket in another part of the ground (ie NOT the family stand) then I could upgrade the child's ticket to an adult one. Which is why I chose that as an option.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think there is another opportunity for NSC to fill a void left by the club: The NSC Kid Exchange

Not got a kid to fulfill your Family Stand entrance obligations? No problem - come to the NSC Kid Exchange where you can borrow the kid from another NSCer to ensure an unhindered entry into the Amex.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I was told at our presentation, that in the first instance they would try and swap them for tickets elsewhere.

However, if there weren't any available elsewhere, they would still let you in. I guess the thing to do is get in touch with the ticket office as early as you are able to.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My father-in-law has purchased a ticket in the family stand, without child. Does this mean he will never be allowed in?!

He will not be allowed in unless he is accompanying a child (U16). Are you sure he is in the family stand and not just the East Stand? I can't see how he could of bought a single adult ticket in the family stand?

We have access to a five month old baby. She's very sweet. Her dad has a North Stand ST in the seat next to me. I'm sure he can lend her out, if required, to someone who wants to sit in the family stand but has an older child who can't go because it's school in the morning. As long as you are OK with the nappy changing and mashed carrot snacking, this should work a treat.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
This is just not gonna work nor will they be able to police it, I don't take my son to evening games as he is 6 and getting home at half 10 or later on a school night is just not gonna happen but we sit in the family stand because when he does come on saturdays I want him to be in a family environment. When i turn up to evening games wihtout him I shall scan my card and enter the ground. i will take my seat my sons will remain empty and I will enjoy the game. Even though though officially at Withdean you had to be with a child this is how it always worked and i have no reaosn to suspect this will be any different at Falmer. Common sense will prevail.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When I purchased on the first day that current family stand people could, I asked and was told that common sense will prevail (meaning they have rules but will be sensible in how they apply them).

I subsequently asked the club when the more formal, and some would say ridiculous 'letter of the law' line was put forward and received the response below

family stand again

I think this is ludicrous, I have tickets for my 4 and 2 year old (the 4 year old has been a ticket holder since he was 2 years himself) and they will not be going to evening games as I'm sure many kids below 8 or so will be. Given that many midweek games next year are going to be the 'tasty' ones such as Palace and Millwall then the club will relocate me and leave 3 seats they will only sell to families who are unlikely to take up.

Madness!

Last edited:

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
He will not be allowed in unless he is accompanying a child (U16). Are you sure he is in the family stand and not just the East Stand? I can't see how he could of bought a single adult ticket in the family stand?

Bless him! He's sitting all by himself a few rows back from us. At no point when purchasing did they say he'd need to find a child to bring! Also in the group we have 9 seats, 5 in front and 4 behind. There are only 3 kids going and 6 adults plus the father-in-law a few rows back. There is no way they will be able to police it.

D

Deleted member 18477

take one of those dolls that make crying noises! or get someone up the duff sharpish!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here