Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seat question...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
This is why I went WSL instead of family stand. I don't want to always have to have little Oscar with me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bless him! He's sitting all by himself a few rows back from us. At no point when purchasing did they say he'd need to find a child to bring! Also in the group we have 9 seats, 5 in front and 4 behind. There are only 3 kids going and 6 adults plus the father-in-law a few rows back. There is no way they will be able to police it.

So many grey areas in this, I did ask how many adults could go with a single child and there wasn't a solid answer, probably 2. I don't remember there being a specific rule that you had to sit with your child? I therefore think you guys are fine anyway, you had made it sound like your father-in-law was just in the family stand on his own!

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
He is sort of, being a few rows back. He got his ticket after the block of 9 were purchased. I agree though; a lot of grey areas. I've emailed the season ticket mailbox thang to see if they can clarify. Will post once (if) received!

broadwaterseagull

Mar 20, 2010
worthing
i would like to know their reasons for not letting a parent into the family seat if say the child was unwell, i cannot see a reason why not, and if the game was a sell out would there be some form of a refund

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i would like to know their reasons for not letting a parent into the family seat if say the child was unwell, i cannot see a reason why not

Its because an adult on his own in the family stand is obviously a paedophile, looking to prey on all the kiddies as soon as the parents back is turned or they pop off for a leak.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Jeez what have I started! :blush:

I can see that there is going to be carnage if the club follows their rules to the letter.

My mate has said that if he finds he can't go without his son for whatever reason, he'll cancel his DD! (I know that there will be other people to take his place but that's how he feels about it)

It IS a grey area that needs to be made clear to the benefit of everyone who's got a kid.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
This is why I am in the middle of the East stand. My eldest is 15, 16 in December and the younger one is 14 by kick-off time. So, the second season at the Amex, my eldest would have to a) pay full adult price and b) have a kid! I weren't gonna let either happen! It has cost me more but I don't have any hassle about moving to another part of the ground in the second season unless I want to and I can go mid-week games on my own, if I wish.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jeez what have I started! :blush:

I can see that there is going to be carnage if the club follows their rules to the letter.

My mate has said that if he finds he can't go without his son for whatever reason, he'll cancel his DD! (I know that there will be other people to take his place but that's how he feels about it)

It IS a grey area that needs to be made clear to the benefit of everyone who's got a kid.

To be fair, the rules are grey, but at the time of selling they (did to me anyway) made it clear that an adult needed to be with a child to be in the family stand. The prices reflect this requirement:

Adult + U10 Family Stand = £474.00

Adult + U10 East Stand = £681.00

You are paying £207 less for your season tickets in the family stand because of the rules and requirements of being with a child. If there were no rules, or course why on earth wouldn't you buy an Adult ticket in the family at £425, rather than a seat right next door in the East stand at £545?

We'll have to see how it goes, my son won't be coming to evening games so I would like to sit in my seat. With the intelligent entry system etc. there isn't any reason they couldn't police this and it's no good comparing it to Withdean as this will be a lot different.

I don't know if they will enforce it strictly or not, or how, but the rules are there, and that's why there is a big discount.

The EASIEST thing to do, for most evening matches that are not sell-out games for away fans, is to relocate the Lone Parents in part of the South Stand. And to reserve enough unsold South Stand seats to allow this relocation to be arranged on the night.

Looking at the evening home fixtures, this might not work for Palace and Southampton, but would probably be OK for Millwall, Cardiff City, Derby County, Reading and Watford.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
So what happens if for example a mate of mine wants a ticket. I think to myslef I know, I'll call the club and say my son can't come so can you please place me in another area of the ground…..Certainly Mr Banana, here's a ticket. I give it to my mate, he goes and has a nice time I go and sit in my normal seat…..or vice versa…….Yes?!?!?!?!!!!

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Here's the response from the horses mouth

Dear Mr Banana, the family stand rules dictate that adults must be accompanied by a child under the age of 16 at all times, like wise children under 16 must also be accompanied by an adult.

If your son is unable to make a fixture you are able to bring another child of the same age without contacting us, however if you bring a child who falls into a higher age category you will need to contact the ticket office to pay for the upgrade.

If you would like to bring an adult along instead of your son, we would then need to relocate you to another part of the ground, you would then pay the match day price difference on your sons ticket to an adult and yours would be transferred across free of charge.

If the ground is completely sold out and we are unable to relocate you, then you would be asked to sit in your normal seat, however you would not be permitted to bring another adult with you into the family stand.

The best advice I can give you is that as soon as you know that your son is not going to make a game contact us a.s.a.p. then 99 times out of a 100 we should be able to relocate you enabling you to bring another adult if you choose to do so, but I can't stress enough that the earlier you do this the more chance there is of us being able to facilitate your request.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Actually as even when I don't bring my son anothe rof the party I am with will certainly have one if their kids with them that should be fine as I am still accompanying a child just not my own. sorted.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If the ground is completely sold out and we are unable to relocate you, then you would be asked to sit in your normal seat, however you would not be permitted to bring another adult with you into the family stand.

This answers a few queries, sounds like even if you don't have your kid with you, you can still sit on your seat. That is good enough for me as well.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Er not sure it's that simple.

It may not be a sellout at the time at which you get moved, but may become one afterwards. At which point they are left with potentially 2 (or more) suits in the family stand they cant sell as no applicants fit the bill, whilst they have used a perfectly good non family seat to facilitate a relocation.

yes I know it's all theory so expect me to be moved every evening game next season - unless I managed to latch on to a 'spare' kid in the family stand.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a lot of PISSING about if your kiddy can't make it though, isn't it.

"As early as possible" is all well and good, but what if a couple of hours before kickoff the little-un suddenly doesn't want to go, or gets ill (and this can indeed happen quite often with the younger ones). Rapid phonecalls to the ticket office while you're fighting your way to get to the stadium, just to find out if you can take your normal seat, or whether you're being flung to some other corner of the ground.

And thats if you can get through to the ticket office...which on past experience is no mean feat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here