Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Privilege Card

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
glad I'm not the only one wondering what's being offered for the PSL and another £495. The cynic in me wonders if by not buying one it gives the club the right to sell your seat to someone else at the end of a season (even if you want to renew). However I conclude that the only "value" of a PSL is if you want to transfer your seat to someone else - £495 is a lot of money when it's 50/50 the way ticket demand will go in the next few years.

Surprised that nobody seems to have picked up on the 'trading' aspect of the PSL. The pack mentions that the PSLs can be bought and sold on a dedicated website page. On the illustration page they show asking prices ranging from £1250 thru £5700. So if you buy a PSL for £495, and it lasts for 50 years, at some point when the Albion are enjoying success at levels we can only currently dream of, then there may well be an active market in the PSLs as a financial instrument in their own right. If we do well, they'll attract a premium. If we don't do well, you'll be able to pick one up on the cheap. And the club makes money (7.5% or £50 whichever is greater) on every transaction. Not much different from trading in pork belly futures. Well worth a punt IMHO - if you have that kind of cash sloshing about in your current account.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
PSL Terms & Conditions
Rules of Tradeability & Transferability
ii. (PSL holders may) sell or transfer individual match ticket/s in accordance with the designated seat for events their season ticket entitles them to.

So PSL holders can trade individual match tickets, but does that mean that those without PSL cannot? (I know clipped has answered this - just after clarification).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
PSL Terms & Conditions
Rules of Tradeability & Transferability
ii. (PSL holders may) sell or transfer individual match ticket/s in accordance with the designated seat for events their season ticket entitles them to.

So PSL holders can trade individual match tickets, but does that mean that those without PSL cannot? (I know clipped has answered this - just after clarification).

This could be a really significant point - not just for those wishing to sell tickets but also if you want to let a friend have the ticket if you can't make the game. If you can only do this if you have a PSL then it effectively means you would be paying £495 just to be able to make a gift of your match ticket. If so I can't see many tickets being given out as gifts to friends. And even if you intend to sell-on then it would inevitably mean a premium of about £10 on the ticket to cover the PSL cost.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I haven't got my pack yet but spoke to someone who has and they took it to mean if you don't buy a PSL then you wont be able to buy a season ticket until March. Is this correct or have they misunderstood?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I haven't got my pack yet but spoke to someone who has and they took it to mean if you don't buy a PSL then you wont be able to buy a season ticket until March. Is this correct or have they misunderstood?

They have misunderstood

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Liverpool had an amnesty a few years ago when it turned out that a fairly high proportion of their season ticket holders were in fact dead!

Died of boredom waiting for their first Premiership title!!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I've received the exact same pack two days running [addressed to me, same fan no. etc] but my question is what do I do about the other three junior STHs with me [1x u16 and 2 x u10s]?

I realise they don't get the chance of the +3 but am a bit confused about how to apply for theirs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here