Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Privilege Card

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Dont think they are used for anything other than ID'ing you at the presentations........my expiry date is 03/11 ???

Is the correct answer, need to take it with you when you go to view the stadium to buy your season ticket.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The benefits of a PSL become apparent when the stadium capacity is increased to 75,000.

Maybe you could not buy a season ticket for a few years, but you'd be guaranteed a seat at any time in the future should you wish to buy another season ticket.
Not so. The conditions explicitly state that your rights to a PSL are "subject to the continued renewal of your season ticket purchase". You can, though, sell your PSL to someone else (with the Club taking £50 or 7.5% of the sell-on price, whichever is the greater).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
OH Shit

was there a card with the bumph...I kept the presentation pamphlet, but threw the rest of the stuff away!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I think the PSL just gives you 1st choice on your seat for all stadium events which the ST doesn't give priority for ie friendlies and concerts, other football events etc.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not so. The conditions explicitly state that your rights to a PSL are "subject to the continued renewal of your season ticket purchase". You can, though, sell your PSL to someone else (with the Club taking £50 or 7.5% of the sell-on price, whichever is the greater).

:shrug: I think this is the correct answer then:

A cunning device to part a fool from his or her cash perhaps? :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
am i missing something...was there a card in with the literature?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The benefits of a PSL become apparent when the stadium capacity is increased to 75,000.

If I have read the leaflet cotrectly it offers the incumbent the right to change the name on their season ticket, and for cash to change hands if need be....but nothing else.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got mine. Won't be using it as already got my 1901 seat but it strikes me as a little OTT but very flash. I agree on the lifetime thing, I really can't see the benefit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If I have read the leaflet cotrectly it offers the incumbent the right to change the name on their season ticket, and for cash to change hands if need be....but nothing else.

You'll be able to sell the seat on to a glory hunter when there is a massive waiting list for STs :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So lifetime ticket does seem a pointless apart from re sale value then?

Have to buy a season ticket each year to keep it and surely come pre season you will have the chance to buy your current seat just like now so no huge benefit that I can see

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You'll be able to sell the seat on to a glory hunter when there is a massive waiting list for STs :thumbsup:

Sure, but you'd need to sell for an extra £500 plus to make a profit. Does not seem worthwhile to me.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
What exactly is this used for, does it replace the Gold card? This morning I had two (beautiful) boxed privilege packs through the post, but both of the cards had my name and same number on it.

I was thinking perhaps one was for me and one was for my friend (also a STH) who is coming to the Amex tour with me.

Has there been a mix up or what should I do?

Thanks

The card itself doesn't really DO anything, it's just to confirm your privilege number (which is the same as your fan number). You don't need the card for your presentation, however you do need to bring a completed application form with your privilege number on it, together with the travel form.

Only if you are prepared to give up your own seat.

As far as I can see, this simply creates a market for touting season tickets at a price that is higher than their face value. In years to come, there will be new potential season ticket holders who want to become regular attenders at Albion games. If there is a waiting list for Season Tickets, surely this should be managed fairly - first come, first served, for example, rather than by putting a premium on the price, with departing fans cashing in on the deal?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It could turn out to be an alternative to the funeral insurance plans. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here