Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Privilege Card

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The card itself doesn't really DO anything, it's just to confirm your privilege number (which is the same as your fan number). You don't need the card for your presentation, however you do need to bring a completed application form with your privilege number on it, together with the travel form.

where do you get that from?

I have got my date to go there.....is there a confirmation presentation thing going out by post apart from the initial bumph inviting me to ring em for a viewing then?

Confused in Mile Oak

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If I have read the leaflet cotrectly it offers the incumbent the right to change the name on their season ticket, and for cash to change hands if need be....but nothing else.

glad I'm not the only one wondering what's being offered for the PSL and another £495. The cynic in me wonders if by not buying one it gives the club the right to sell your seat to someone else at the end of a season (even if you want to renew). However I conclude that the only "value" of a PSL is if you want to transfer your seat to someone else - £495 is a lot of money when it's 50/50 the way ticket demand will go in the next few years.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I have got my date to go there.....is there a confirmation presentation thing going out by post apart from the initial bumph inviting me to ring em for a viewing then?

Confused in Mile Oak

You will receive a nice presentation pack includes all the application forms etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You will receive a nice presentation pack includes all the application forms etc.

ooooh.....well that is something to look forward to!!!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Does anyone know if you just get one pack per household or should there be one per STH? I got mine today (and very nice too) but my lads didn't get one and we're all booked in to the same presentation date/time.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Does anyone know if you just get one pack per household or should there be one per STH? I got mine today (and very nice too) but my lads didn't get one and we're all booked in to the same presentation date/time.

one per STH

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Must admit I'm concerned about this PSL. If it really does mean that having a season ticket is no right to one if we hit the Premier League, then it's pretty annoying.

If that ever happened after going through Gillingham and the Withdean years, I wouldn't come back again.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Must admit I'm concerned about this PSL. If it really does mean that having a season ticket is no right to one if we hit the Premier League, then it's pretty annoying.

If that ever happened after going through Gillingham and the Withdean years, I wouldn't come back again.

I've read it all again this morning and the gist seems to be they are anticipating a waiting list for season tickets. Therefore, should a STH no longer want to go due to health, work or even death etc etc than by having a PSL you can pass your ST on to someone of your choice, whereas, if you don't have a PSL the next on the waiting list would get it. I can't see there being a waiting list myself.........

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've read it all again this morning and the gist seems to be they are anticipating a waiting list for season tickets. Therefore, should a STH no longer want to go due to health, work or even death etc etc than by having a PSL you can pass your ST on to someone of your choice, whereas, if you don't have a PSL the next on the waiting list would get it. I can't see there being a waiting list myself.........

Liverpool had an amnesty a few years ago when it turned out that a fairly high proportion of their season ticket holders were in fact dead! The tickets had been unofficially passed on or inherited and the club had no idea who was actually attending games. I assume this plan will get around that although it's a bit pricey.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Aren't the Gold cards (assuming you mean what we had last season) redundant now?
The Privilege cards will be used to get you into the stadium I assume, the gold cards are just cheap plastic.....unless i'm barking up the wrong tree!

No, the Privilege card is not the same as the smart card that gets you into the ground. I guess it's just a card to make us all feel important as we toddle off to buy our season tickets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you have to do this PSL now or can you do say this year and one the next year as £1K is alot to sort out straight away.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Confused in Mile Oak

It's all on the covering letter when you get your pack

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You have the right to renew your season ticket every season. The club can't/won't stop you.

However, only you have the right to renew. You will not be able to pass the season ticket rights on to anyone else unless you have the PSL.
PSL allows you to reallocate the ownership of the season ticket. Pass it to a member of your family or sell it on to someone else. It's up to you.

If you think there will be a waiting list for season tickets at some point in the future, and you won't want your season ticket (and no friends or family will want it), then cough up the £500.

If you no longer want your season ticket you will not be able to simply pass it to a family member (or your chum in the seat next to you for example) without the PSL. If you relinquish your ticket, the club will sell it to the next person on the waiting list.

Seems simple. It's a punt at one level or a way of ensuring that you decide who gets the season ticket when you give it up.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i know this is very sad but would someone mind posting a picture of this pack, fancy card ect.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting that the official address of the stadium is given in the pack as: 'American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Brighton, BN1 9BL'. No mention of the 'F' word.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
From reading the terms of the PSL under 'rules of tradeability' it says PSL holders may.....

sell or transfer individual match tickets....

Does this perhaps mean that you can't sell-on a ticket for a game you can't attend without the PSL? If that is the case there will not be so many spare tickets for sale as perhaps might have been.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From reading the terms of the PSL under 'rules of tradeability' it says PSL holders may.....

sell or transfer individual match tickets....

Does this perhaps mean that you can't sell-on a ticket for a game you can't attend without the PSL? If that is the case there will not be so many spare tickets for sale as perhaps might have been.

Can anyone clarify this. The question is, can you trade your season ticket seat on a match by match basis if you don't have the PSL.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can anyone clarify this. The question is, can you trade your season ticket seat on a match by match basis if you don't have the PSL.

Yes. An admin fee will be charged, unless you trust the person with your smartcard.

and what if you are an OAP - can you give your ticket to one who isn't?

Yes. An admin fee will be charged and the appropriate ticket price from OAP to Adult will also be charged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here