Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Posh Nosh: Prawn Ramen Noodles

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Being the fat b*stard that I am I wasn't satisfied with just my lovely Chicken and Ham pie on Saturday so went sauntering back to the kiosk for something else.
As I got there I noticed the tape had been removed from menus to reveal the chinese noodles, thought I'd try one, cue a Spicy Prawn Ramen Noodle... (could never have even dreamed this in the soggy days at Withdean).

First impressions: A glorified Pot Noodle, the lovely young Azure lass just added hot water to a pot but I don't think the contents were freeze-dried. Small prawns but plenty of them, fresh chilli, soft noodles. Soy sauce in a separate pot and a "complimentary" bag of prawn crackers.

Taste: 7/10, loved the chopped chilli.

Extras: 10/10, Prawn Crackers!

Price (didn't notice this until I came to pay): 2/10 (£7! or £8 with a soft drink) I assume there is also a meal deal with a pint but as I was driving I couldn't check, the server also hadn't been made aware there were any deals.

Verdict: Tasty and exotic but not worth the price, I'll stick to pies in future.

Did anyone else try this or any of the other posh nosh? I certainly didnt spy any other takers in WSU.

Didn't they previously mention Green Thai Curry? That seems to have disappeared.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Was in the North and didnt see the noodles there. Hopefully they will make an appearance at Pompey

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have tried the veggie noodles and I thought they were good. I do agree with the OP that at £7 they are just too expensive, which is a shame as the product seems good and refreshingly different for a football ground. I would not be surprised to see them off the menu through lack of interest though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think they are pretty good, fresh noodles and ingredients (shelf-life of three days, and that's your lot) as opposed to Pot Noodle-dehydrated - but seven quid made me wince. Having said that, they do fill you up - having two is a challenge to your wallet and your bowels.

I didn't realise they were on sale on Saturday - not that I was looking for them, mind.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds very similar to Itsu (light Asian food from the people who brought the world Pret) which I popped into at the weekend in London.

There my 'posh pot noodle' with vegetable dumplings cost about a fiver - the prawn ones were more like £6. Based on those prices - the Amex prices don't seem too wide of the mark.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
£7 is a piss take! I asked in the west stand lower how many they sold and was told 0.

If the pies which we all know are really nice are only £3.50 why pay over double for noddles?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£7 is a piss take! I asked in the west stand lower how many they sold and was told 0.

If the pies which we all know are really nice are only £3.50 why pay over double for noddles?

Not everybody wants 58g of saturated fat in their half-time snack.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
£7 is a lot, but might give 'em a shot. If they're good then it's not terribly unreasonable, and it's nice to have a range of options and price points for everyone. Also lovely to have something that's not just standard stadium food.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I didnt see the noodles were on until after I got to the counter and ordered on saturday. I know its a bit steep but compared to the veggie noodles at wasabi then its only a slight mark up. I'll probably try at the next home game.

I can only see this as a positive - more choice for both carnivores and vegetarians/vegans alike.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It could be 5 star restaurant quality food, but it will never be popular enough at a football ground if it's priced over £4-5. Can't see it being a viable option in the long run at those prices. Suppose with the cashback £6.30 isn't too bad, but still not cheap enough for it to take off in my opinion.

Did you just have to use a wooden fork to eat them? Or do they supply something else?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nah, I'd order that in a C-list restaurant, but not at football for £7. You can get similar at racecourses for about £4.50.

Who will be the first away fans to tell us exactly where we can stick our noodles...my money on Cardiff (and not only because they are next).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here