Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Posh Nosh: Prawn Ramen Noodles

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ok so it originated in china but the ramen dish as we know it today was developed and popularised in japan.

ffs now im really hungry

Agree.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't realise they were on sale on Saturday - not that I was looking for them, mind.

You should have known - I'm just catching up with last week's Roar now and the Azure dude told you they'd be on sale from Ipswich.

(He also said that the club would be making an announcement on the addition to the menu - did that actually happen?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We're so posh we have prawns in the cheap seats.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They were in the north stand - I didn't bother though as I ate before I went to the stadium (too many pies this season)

Must admit I saw them on the board but I just assumed they didn't actually sell them so paid no further attention - maybe the high price is to pay for the advertising next week

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Chinese food is basically just a snack. For that amount of money spent I would want two or three meals to take home and reheat. :thumbsup:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Any idea if they are gluten free? Wagamama does a rice noodle, just hoping these will also be, as diddly squat apart from crisps/chocolate at the Amex for us Coeliacs. The Thai Green curry was meant to fill that void but.......

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was also thinking about getting them but then I also looked at the price, In general £7 is to much for your average football fan who just wants something generally warm and edable.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was thinking about trying them but then saw the price and then heard the Azure girl saying to the person in front that she had tried them and wouldn't recommend them - not sure if that was for price or taste reasons. Reverted to Chicken Balti pie - excellent as ever.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
£7 sounds a bit on the high side but isn't £3.80 for a pie.
If we forget about the song & dance about the pie being home made & cooked on the premises then surely £3.80 for a pie is a bit pricey.
If you don't want to pay £7 for some noodles then don't.At least the effort has been made to offer something more than meat inside pastry or meat inside bread.

Give it a chance

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
£7 sounds a bit on the high side but isn't £3.80 for a pie.
If we forget about the song & dance about the pie being home made & cooked on the premises then surely £3.80 for a pie is a bit pricey.
If you don't want to pay £7 for some noodles then don't.At least the effort has been made to offer something more than meat inside pastry or meat inside bread.

Give it a chance

Good job they're £3.50 then, or £3.15 with your season ticket card. Or indeed £1/free if you stay late enough :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
£7 for noodles is too much, they'll either come down in price or they'll disappear from the ground. The ingredients must come to less than those of the pies, a few noodles, pennies, a handful of prawns and a couple of veggies, can't imagine the cost is more than 25-50p, chuck in some Soy Sauce and MSG, Azure do seem greedy here. as Bozza said, at Itsu in TCR you can get prawn or chicken and noodles for less than a fiver, veggie versions for less still, and that is London prices.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
£7 is a lot, but might give 'em a shot. If they're good then it's not terribly unreasonable, and it's nice to have a range of options and price points for everyone. Also lovely to have something that's not just standard stadium food.

Yeah, think I'm inclined to give them a go next game... £6.30 is ok if it fills me up I guess... pies never seem to despite my athletic Greek God looks. Only thing that makes me wince is I can go to about 100 stalls at Camden Stables Market and get the same for a quid!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What defines good value & overpriced

Amex pie 3.80 good value Noodles £7 overpriced
Coventry £22. Good value. Palace. £ 32. Overpriced. (over subscribed)

So we are not prepared to pay £3.20 for food
But we are prepared to pay £10 for tickets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here