Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex personalised away end??

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
Not to seem like the sort of person who believes everything i read on wikipedia, but i looked up 'Falmer stadium' and it says,

'It is planned that the away end will be personalised for each away team. This will include relevant pictures and colour schemes.'

If this is true seems a bit crazy, and do we really want to give away fans the message 'make yourself at home'?

Anyone heard anymore about this or have i just fallen for another wiki joke?
(apologies if this has been discussed before)

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Yes its true.

Thats what they told my friend at one of the presentations.

If say Swindon were playing, they can change the colours of the concourse and other places to the away colours.
All done by lights.

Sounds like a great idea to me. :thumbsup:

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
To be honest anything like this just makes The Amex seem more futuristic and plush so cant wait to see what they do with it! :amex:

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
As long as the away changing room is the size of a portaloo, has no heating and no warm running water i couldnt care less what facilities the away fans have.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
As long as the away changing room is the size of a portaloo, has no heating and no warm running water i couldnt care less what facilities the away fans have.

Exactly. Giving the away fans this kinda thing means they will want to come and spend money at the ground. As long as the away TEAM is given a hard time!

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
From a business perspective it is a really good idea. Those fans that only make one or two away games a season, we would hope that one of the trips they would choose to make would be to the Amex. When they get back they relay the experience and the next visit a few more come along, you can't beat word of mouth recomendations, more away fans, more atmosphere with the bottom line...more money!

People all over the country will be talking about The Amex.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I saw this but assumed it would be the away box that would be like it. Seems like a lot of money to spend on something that might not be very effective/away fans might not give a shit

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
Its not a make yourself at home gesture, more of an enjoy your day and come again. Im guessing the aim is to be one of those away games that all the away teams fans will want to be at.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
When on the tour last week, I spoke to Martin Perry about this and said was it completely true. He said its completely true, and i thought i remembered it being in the Argus on April 1st, and his reply was that The Argus asked him if he had anything that was happening in the ground that wasnt very believable, this came up, so a double bluff really.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Not a clue what it would involve but I'm guessing a lick of paint and coloured plastic dashed around the place.

Are you having a laugh ? Its all being done with lighst. So whoever is playing, the lights are set to that teams colours and aimed around the stand.

Same with images of the legends that have played for that club.

Tell me you wern't assuming we would paint new team colours every week.

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
My thoughts were have about 5 odd different seat colors and they would be easily changed. would only be an initial cost but would be a massive pain in the ars to implement every week. wont be hard to put a few photos around,
Has the lights thing been confirmed?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Are you having a laugh ? Its all being done with lighst. So whoever is playing, the lights are set to that teams colours and aimed around the stand.

Same with images of the legends that have played for that club.

Tell me you wern't assuming we would paint new team colours every week.

The coloured lighting will be within the away end concourse and can be changed very easily each game. The pictures are a little more complicated to alter but not exactly a huge expence but will be appreciated by most away fans

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
My thoughts were have about 5 odd different seat colors and they would be easily changed. would only be an initial cost but would be a massive pain in the ars to implement every week. wont be hard to put a few photos around,

Yes lights have been confirmed. Christ on a bike, can you imagine changing 2000 seats weekly - and where do you store the 8000 not being used.

Come on man, thats crazy talk.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Yes, read my above post.

It will all be done with lights/projectors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here