Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex personalised away end??

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Christ, sorry but some of the ideas on here:facepalm:

Can you imagine having 5 different colours of seats (at least!), 2000 of each having to be changed each week leaving well over 10,000 seats having to be stored, and changed every week.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Christ, sorry but some of the ideas on here:facepalm:

Can you imagine having 5 different colours of seats (at least!), 2000 of each having to be changed each week leaving well over 10,000 seats having to be stored, and changed every week.

Its astounds me sometimes i must say

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Didn't Cardiff City play SBTS when we played at Ninian Park one time? Nice gesture by them I thought at the time.

This will be appreciated by most away fans, I'm sure.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Didn't Cardiff City play SBTS when we played at Ninian Park one time? Nice gesture by them I thought at the time.

f*** me what is these days with love ins with other fans.

Look im all for away fans coming down and enjoying what will be a great stadium and can even understand the personalisable stand but playing other teams songs - sorry thats too far.

Its time to be a bit brutal if we want success now, not playing "glad all over " as Palace warm up

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
The idea is to create atmosphere, the more the away fans get into it, the better the atmosphere for the match. Who wants dead quiet away fans anyway. Plus won't it be nice for everyone who comes to visit to be jealous of our stadium and the match day experience as a whole.
On the point someone made of the dressing rooms, I'm pretty sure I was told by MP himself that they will be the same size home and away but they "might forget to find somewhere to store extra chairs and things so they will just have to be piled in the away changing room"... things like that anyway. The point he was trying to make was that all these things have been considered and they have "tricks up their sleeve"

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
The idea is to create atmosphere, the more the away fans get into it, the better the atmosphere for the match. Who wants dead quiet away fans anyway. Plus won't it be nice for everyone who comes to visit to be jealous of our stadium and the match day experience as a whole.
On the point someone made of the dressing rooms, I'm pretty sure I was told by MP himself that they will be the same size home and away but they "might forget to find somewhere to store extra chairs and things so they will just have to be piled in the away changing room"... things like that anyway. The point he was trying to make was that all these things have been considered and they have "tricks up their sleeve"

See i find it the complete opposite.

When i go to an Albion away game, its that feeling of being the minority,visitors to a random town/city and wanting to take the piss both on the pitch and off it - not in a Danny Dyer aspect but like at Swindon singing "where's your captain gone". Im not ashamed to admit its a nice feeling winding the home side up.

However, strange as it sounds i wouldnt want to hear Sussex by the Sea aty an away game. Its too nicey nice for my liking - its dog eat dog for me im afraid.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I've always wondered about this crap changing room thing. If you gave them great facilities (compared to other clubs) wouldn't that be saying "we can afford to be nice to you because we are going to beat you anyway".

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Are you having a laugh ? Its all being done with lighst. So whoever is playing, the lights are set to that teams colours and aimed around the stand.

Same with images of the legends that have played for that club.

Tell me you wern't assuming we would paint new team colours every week.

Well I don't know do I? Wasn't a serious answer anyway. Plus if you knew why bother asking? Tool.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As long as the away changing room is the size of a portaloo, has no heating and no warm running water i couldnt care less what facilities the away fans have.

And painted Pink! Sport Psychologists say that teams preparing for a game in a room painted pink have a much greater chance of losing.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

On my visit to Ninian Park I can't remember GOSBTS but am pretty sure they played YMCA, Dancing Queen and Tainted Love...seem to remember the stadium announcer chose his music depending on who the opponents were!

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
Not really. Everytime Grovesyg gets slagged off, he dies a little inside...

Its true, my self esteem is pretty much on the floor,

would nice to get the thoughts of a palarse fan on the away end topic churley, as u are 1! go back to your own forum git! :albion1:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A visit to Brighton would always have been up there as one of those matches to go to but, with Withers, so many away fans would not come back.

Given the changes and drop in hoolies in the last 15 years or so, loads of away fans coming down for the weekend should be a great opportunity for guest houses etc in Brighton & lewes to cash in.

I tell ya, i'd love to have that Newmarket pub.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Its true, my self esteem is pretty much on the floor,

would nice to get the thoughts of a palarse fan on the away end topic churley, as u are 1! go back to your own forum git! :albion1:

It's a bit irrelevant to be honest mate, seeming as I don't think we'll ever be in League One/play there...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here