Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Match day ticket prices unveiled

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
jesus season ticket does look good now. maths is poor but think my ticket price in WSL is £21 a game compared with £30 matchday price!!

Which suggests to me there is a fairly large first year discount on season tickets. I would expect them to rise by at least 10% next season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Which suggests to me there is a fairly large first year discount on season tickets. I would expect them to rise by at least 10% next season.

I would suggest that we are not likely to see a 10% hike if the capacity is extended. The Club won't want to lose STH at the same time as extending the capacity.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Here we go the students are revolting again. If football mattered that much you need to look at your expenditure. Do you need you mobile phone, do you need to go out x times a week or drink x number of pints a week.

Life is about making choices sometimes you can't have everything you want

or more inportantly, what's worth more in life, watching football or education? Bloody students want everything for free. Wankers.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I would suggest that we are not likely to see a 10% hike if the capacity is extended. The Club won't want to lose STH at the same time as extending the capacity.

The publicity on 10% would be awful, especially as many new fans or holders might then not renew.

Bloom and his team will continue with great PR, marketing, and won't rip us off.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
or more inportantly, what's worth more in life, watching football or education? Bloody students want everything for free. Wankers.

"inportantly"? ahahahahah.

As if I'm going to take offence from someone who cannot spell basic words, and that had the username "Helter Skelter" before having it changed calling me naughty words over the internet..

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
His spelling is terrible, but his point is 100% correct!

So you don't think that students have a right to feel aggrieved at having to pay 10 pounds more per game next season?
I'm not going to lower myself to getting in a slagging match with Sun-reading neanderthals, but how exactly am I saying that I want everything for free? I'm asking why there is no Under 21 category this season when there was one last season.. How exactly is that asking for anything for free and how exactly does that make me a wanker?
So because I'm in education I'm not allowed to go to football? Brilliant, I'll take these words of wisdom on board.
I wholeheartedly apologise for supporting a football team and wanting to go and watch them play; how rude of me. Now I'll go back to stealing your taxes, being a lazy sponger and throwing bricks at things.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm asking why there is no Under 21 category this season when there was one last season.. .

I can understand students are disappointed but it's simple supply and demand. In fact, it's commendable the prices aren't higher given how few tickets are left. The club's season ticket price structure was incredibly good value for such a fantastic new ground so they're well and truly in the clear. As I pointed out on another thread recently, looking at a poster from 1992, seats in the Goldstone West Stand were £15. The fact it's taken almost 20 years to reach this level seems pretty good to me.

Of course, back then you could get in cheaper by standing up but that's a whole different issue. And, as many people have pointed out, adult prices always applied from 16 onwards. I was at uni 200 miles away but still managed to find the money for away games and Goldstone matches when I was home. It's all about priorities... Just like everything else in life....

So you don't think that students have a right to feel aggrieved at having to pay 10 pounds more per game next season?
I'm not going to lower myself to getting in a slagging match with Sun-reading neanderthals, but how exactly am I saying that I want everything for free? I'm asking why there is no Under 21 category this season when there was one last season.. How exactly is that asking for anything for free and how exactly does that make me a wanker?
So because I'm in education I'm not allowed to go to football? Brilliant, I'll take these words of wisdom on board.
I wholeheartedly apologise for supporting a football team and wanting to go and watch them play; how rude of me. Now I'll go back to stealing your taxes, being a lazy sponger and throwing bricks at things.

Actually, I am a little miffed that i paid more than students for the past however many years.....

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

This. It's amazing how a few fellow Brighton fans attack us for our complaints that we would like it to be a little bit easier to see the Albion, and then attack us for wanting a university eduction. Many of us students don't have cars and have to live on a tight budget (like many other people, I realise), so it's natural that we would have wanted the club to extend the Under-18 prices to an Under-21 group, especially as the Amex is literally surrounded by Sussex's top universities.

Now, I 100% realise why the club actually have no need to do this simply because the demand for tickets is overwhelming, like trueblue and others have stated. And also when you point out that almost 20 years ago, tickets were £15, the increase in prices is pretty modest. I think we students just feel that if the club would bother with Under-18 prices, it would have been great for them to just extend it to Under-21s. But oh well, just hoping I can get tickets for next season, no matter the price.

I understand why Uni students are moaning. I just don't agree with it! Shooting star made the most sensible student post i have seen on the subject.

It's 100% down to economics. Maybe Students can expect the odd special now and again when we know we will have some spare seats. AKA Acrington Stanley in the 2nd round of Carling Cup. I would have no probs with a Student special for the 1000 of tickets in half the away end for say a fiver each......

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
Amex Match day tickets prices unveiled

I put the price,s onto NPower Championship banter page on facebook yesterday afternoon and had 6 or 7 answers all saying that our price,s for home and away funs were a fair price. Come you Seagulls. :amex: :falmer:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is your issue that there aren't deals for u21s or that there aren't deals for full-time students? Two very different things but you seem to keep changing your mind about what you believe the club should be offering.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Is your issue that there aren't deals for u21s or that there aren't deals for full-time students? Two very different things but you seem to keep changing your mind about what you believe the club should be offering.
Full-time students. Sorry, I only said Under-21s as it'd probably be easier to regulate (fake uni ID cards are always used as fake IDs) but I mean primarily Students.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't honestly see the club having another price point for tickets (18-20 year olds) just to satisfy students. The concessionary price point for Seniors will rise alongside the state pension age which means I wouldn't qualify as a Senior until I'm 67.

I can't honestly see the club having another price point for tickets (18-20 year olds) just to satisfy students. The concessionary price point for Seniors will rise alongside the state pension age which means I wouldn't qualify as a Senior until I'm 67.

But at least at 60 you'll be able to use your bus pass to get from Grimsby to Falmer for nothing - might take a couple of days though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But at least at 60 you'll be able to use your bus pass to get from Grimsby to Falmer for nothing - might take a couple of days though.
If we sell the house in Crap Town next year I wont be there. Concessionary bus passes are also linked to state retirement age so I wont get one of those either until I'm 67.

If we sell the house in Crap Town next year I wont be there. Concessionary bus passes are also linked to state retirement age so I wont get one of those either until I'm 67.
Not quite. They are linked to the state retirement age for women - but the age qualification applies to men as well. And there's a transitional arrangement in operation.

The next group of people to qualify (next Wednesday) for a bus pass are men and women born between 6 November 1950 and 5 December 1950 (people aged at least 60 years and 7 months). The state retirement age for men is currently 65.

Jan 30, 2008
Unfortunately you're viewing your own personal circumstances, and not thinking about the bigger picture.

"Average fan is being priced out" - really? I really don't see how that can be the case when we've sold c18,000 season tickets in advance and the pricing structure, including the excellent kids prices and the pioneering DD scheme make a season ticket affordable for thousands who might not have been able to buy one previously.

"Premier League Prices" - maybe for a small Northern Premiership club who can't fill their seats. But I reckon if you look at other Southern Championship clubs you'll find our prices comparable. (In fact I've just checked Southampton and they are very much comparable).

Maybe stop the "£20 or so on drinks etc every week" to help you get to games if you really want to go.
hold on ! how do you know that the majority of the 18 k SEASON TICKETS ARE GOING TO YOUR " AVERAGE " FAN

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
£30 for a student not living in Brighton and no more tickets in the North Stand, looks like I won't be going to any homes next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here