Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Match day ticket prices unveiled

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why are away matchday tickets cheaper than home ones?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why are away matchday tickets cheaper than home ones?

Away tickets have to be the same price as an "equivalent view" in the home sections. The North Stand match price is £24 - which is exactly equivalent.

Sheffield Wednesday don't seem able to grasp this rule.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading this is pretty devastating to be honest.
Where has the Under 21/Student option gone? I'm at Uni in Buckingham at the moment, so getting a season ticket would be pretty impractical; but I get to 5-6 home games a season, and 5-6 away games. Obviously, I'm on a tight budget, so can't exactly afford to spend 30 quid on a train, 20 quid on a match ticket and another 20 or so on drinks etc every week.
Paying another 10 quid on top of the already inflated prices we were paying at Withdean is just not on.
I'm as excited as anyone about the new stadium, and am over the moon we are privileged enough to have one of the best grounds in the country. But I think the fans loyalty to our club is being exploited here. These are PREMIER LEAGUE prices we are being charged.
Very, very disappointed that the average fan is being priced out of going to see a newly-promoted Championship side. Must be a sign of the times..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
look at most championship prices , awayf fans guide is a good site to check.

These prices are in line with them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where has the Under 21/Student option gone? I'm at Uni in Buckingham at the moment, so getting a season ticket would be pretty impractical; but I get to 5-6 home games a season, and 5-6 away games. Obviously, I'm on a tight budget, so can't exactly afford to spend 30 quid on a train, 20 quid on a match ticket and another 20 or so on drinks etc every week.
Paying another 10 quid on top of the already inflated prices we were paying at Withdean is just not on.
I'm as excited as anyone about the new stadium, and am over the moon we are privileged enough to have one of the best grounds in the country. But I think the fans loyalty to our club is being exploited here. These are PREMIER LEAGUE prices we are being charged.
Very, very disappointed that the average fan is being priced out of going to see a newly-promoted Championship side. Must be a sign of the times..

Unfortunately you're viewing your own personal circumstances, and not thinking about the bigger picture.

"Average fan is being priced out" - really? I really don't see how that can be the case when we've sold c18,000 season tickets in advance and the pricing structure, including the excellent kids prices and the pioneering DD scheme make a season ticket affordable for thousands who might not have been able to buy one previously.

"Premier League Prices" - maybe for a small Northern Premiership club who can't fill their seats. But I reckon if you look at other Southern Championship clubs you'll find our prices comparable. (In fact I've just checked Southampton and they are very much comparable).

Maybe stop the "£20 or so on drinks etc every week" to help you get to games if you really want to go.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Here we go the students are revolting again. If football mattered that much you need to look at your expenditure. Do you need you mobile phone, do you need to go out x times a week or drink x number of pints a week.

Life is about making choices sometimes you can't have everything you want

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Obviously you are disappointed, but everyone has to budget to life's priorities. Football is expensive these days (sadly) and it's not going to get cheaper. :(

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
When we played at the Goldstone (RIP) there were no under 21 / under 18 prices, it was under 16 and then adults which pretty much doubled the price when you got to 16 (and still at school). I got a job to enable me to go to football and do everything else I wanted to do and I wasn't alone in that.

Life is about choices - I would like to be a member of Wentworth Golf Club but as I can't afford that I'm a member somewhere local to where I live. If I couldn't afford that I'd play at council courses. Its all about choice and what I can afford.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
my WSU s/t is 71% face value. seems excellent value when you consider the 12 month dd.

Indeed, getting a ST seems well worth it now. Although we're in a cheaper part of the ground that's irrelevent as the only match by match tickets are in more expensive areas. So my £17 per game compared to £30 is almost a BOGOF in my eyes!!! I agree £30 is steep though - £25 would have been better. But then with so few tickets on general sale you can't really blame the club - these prices will change in yrs to come - hopefully cheaper, when more seats become available...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Having looked at this again and noticing the away prices which are a lot more reasonable (same as Withers) it's just sods law for people going match by match that all the cheaper seats have gone to sth... If the corners get filled in they will def be this lower price

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
[MENTION=13229]WhingForPresident[/MENTION]
There were no student season tickets so I don't think there was really much chance of student match-by-match tickets. I can see this changing with the corners filled in and wanting to attract people from the unis.

I think the pricing is excellent. The £30 position is comparable to a North stand view where they were £26. So for the extra £4 we are in a higher division with one or two more facilities. Don't forget inflation is running at nearly 5% anyhow.

And, if they away end is not sold out, you will be able to buy tickets here for £24. Isnt this the same as the East Stand at Withers?

Get real any whingers, this is excellent pricing!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Unfortunately you're viewing your own personal circumstances, and not thinking about the bigger picture.

"Average fan is being priced out" - really? I really don't see how that can be the case when we've sold c18,000 season tickets in advance and the pricing structure, including the excellent kids prices and the pioneering DD scheme make a season ticket affordable for thousands who might not have been able to buy one previously.

"Premier League Prices" - maybe for a small Northern Premiership club who can't fill their seats. But I reckon if you look at other Southern Championship clubs you'll find our prices comparable. (In fact I've just checked Southampton and they are very much comparable).

Maybe stop the "£20 or so on drinks etc every week" to help you get to games if you really want to go.

The DD scheme seems like a good idea, and hopefully it is watertight and no issues are encountered further along the road with finances.
I agree that I'm being selfish in my view, because I want to get to as many games as possible. I think the prices for kids are very good, and prices for adults are barely more than Withdean, which is brilliant. However, my issue lies with why the club no longer feel the need to give students and young adults discounts for the forthcoming season, though they were happy to through our time at Withdean. I'll be paying 10 pounds more every week than I did at Withdean, which is a tad daunting.
Before some Sun-reader type gives it all this cliche bullshit about students being cheap scum and kicking up over everything, I'd like to reiterate that I think the club have dealt well with the prices for all the categories listed, which was rather unclear in my first post on second viewing. It is the lack of the Under 21/Student category that is getting my goat.
Maybe it is the fact that the club doesn't need to try and attract students from the local Uni's to get to games anymore. Maybe there is another reason. I'm glad the club have kept prices reasonable in all other areas, but personally, I'm disappointed.

P.S- The 20 pounds or so on drinks etc was referring to junk food on the way there and back with a crafty coke at half-time, not a crate of Stella on the train.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
jesus season ticket does look good now. maths is poor but think my ticket price in WSL is £21 a game compared with £30 matchday price!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here