Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Match day ticket prices unveiled

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The club will easily sell these 1500 at £30 a go and the club gave got the pricing so spot on for this season they have managed to achieve 18k season ticket sales. All this at a time when finances (not just for students) are tighter than ever.

For the facilities and level of football on offer the price us very competitive.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
P.S- The 20 pounds or so on drinks etc was referring to junk food on the way there and back with a crafty coke at half-time, not a crate of Stella on the train.

Dont think drugs will be tolerated at the AMEX, you students do like to waste some money!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
This also shows matchday prices for most stands (e.g. £24 for north stand), not just ES south and WSL south. I thought all but these were STH only so why would they have "matchday" prices?

I can only assume these are for selling seats where the STH can't make it (i.e. exchange system?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This also shows matchday prices for most stands (e.g. £24 for north stand), not just ES south and WSL south. I thought all but these were STH only so why would they have "matchday" prices?

I can only assume these are for selling seats where the STH can't make it (i.e. exchange system?)

Cup games?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

All is not lost though - remember if the away don't bring a massive ammount you can get a South Stand ticket for £24!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
[MENTION=13229]WhingForPresident[/MENTION]

I'm a student too (up in Warwickshire, so similarly a fair bit of travelling involved) and feel that an Under 21 category should have replaced the under-18 one. I would've thought it would have been a no-brainer for the club considering Sussex and Brighton Uni students are on the Amex's doorstep; surely it would have been a good marketing technique to make an under-21 category so they could attract younger fans from the unis on a matchday basis?

Personally I'm not too fussed; travelling will cost a lot anyway so a trip down to Brighton is gonna consume a lot of the Student Loan regardless, and I know it'll be worthwhile (assuming we don't get dicked 5-0 when I come down, aha). I just think the Amex has missed out on a trick here considering the stadium's proximity to the surrounding Unis.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I think £30 is fair enough seems to be the going rate for a decent seat at Championship grounds.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm a student too (up in Warwickshire, so similarly a fair bit of travelling involved) and feel that an Under 21 category should have replaced the under-18 one. I would've thought it would have been a no-brainer for the club considering Sussex and Brighton Uni students are on the Amex's doorstep; surely it would have been a good marketing technique to make an under-21 category so they could attract younger fans from the unis on a matchday basis?

Personally I'm not too fussed; travelling will cost a lot anyway so a trip down to Brighton is gonna consume a lot of the Student Loan anyway, and I know it'll be worthwhile (assuming we don't get dicked 5-0 when I come down, aha). I just think the Amex has missed out on a trick here considering the stadium's proximity to the surrounding Unis.

You're aware of how well season tickets have sold without, as far as I'm aware, any targeting of the student population. I don't want to suggest the club don't need the local student population but errrrrm, they don't seem to need them right now.

In the fullness of time, with another 7500 seats to fill, that may change.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Personally I'm not too fussed; travelling will cost a lot anyway so a trip down to Brighton is gonna consume a lot of the Student Loan regardless, and I know it'll be worthwhile (assuming we don't get dicked 5-0 when I come down, aha). I just think the Amex has missed out on a trick here considering the stadium's proximity to the surrounding Unis.

You may not have noticed, but the stadium is completely sold out.
If there were fistfuls of unsold STs then the Club may have welcomed some marketing advice, but as things stand I should imagine they are fairly happy with the way things have gone.

EDIT: Too slow. Pipped by Bozza, making essentially the same point whilst I was typing.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
You're aware of how well season tickets have sold without, as far as I'm aware, any targeting of the student population. I don't want to suggest the club don't need the local student population but errrrrm, they don't seem to need them right now.

In the fullness of time, with another 7500 seats to fill, that may change.

Fair point; probably a good thing at the moment too as I personally don't need any more competition for Donny tickets haha. Maybe in the future they'll target them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

What trick are they missing exactly? It's going to be sold out for every game at a higher price. I take it you're not studying economics.

Edit: bozza got there before me.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
it wouldn't surprise me if, for a game with lagging sales (if and when this situtation occurs), we'd see a student deal pop-up in the week leading up to the game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is the North Stand STH only then? I thought some of the game-by-game tickets were for that stand

Yes, North Stand is STH only, there was talk of some of the seats in the Northern end of Lower West being available on a game-to-game basis, I don't know if this is still the case.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Yes, North Stand is STH only, there was talk of some of the seats in the Northern end of Lower West being available on a game-to-game basis, I don't know if this is still the case.

Although £24 NS seats will become available for games where STHs don't take up their ticket i.e. Gills. And any ticket exchange that may be set up for the league games.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In reality an adult league matchday ticket in the WSL or East Stand is going to set you back £30. There are cheaper prices ie North Stand @ £24 but unless a STH with a PSL makes their seat available its a theoretical price. If an away club only brings 1,000 fans and the South Stand is segregated to allow Brighton fans to fill half the away end will the tickets be £24 (or £30 if they temporarily name it the South-East extension) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here