Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex: Giant TV screens like nothing else in the UK

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It seems to be the general view not to reshow very controversial incidents, personally I'd like to see it all but that seems just about reasonable.

We wouldn't be allowed to during the game, if for example we show a penalty the ref has not given he may then be biased to make up for his mistake and as not all grounds have them we could have an advantage over another team who dont etc. What if we decided to only show our pen claims etc and not the other teams?
Annoying but understandable.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Sorry you've lost me, can you translate into English please?

If what you mean is "what's a twitterfall?", here's an explanation. Basically, it's a live feed of comments made on Twitter by people using a certain hashtag to show what the topic is. In Albion's case, the tag most ppl use is #bhafc. Here's a pic of what the feed looked like during the second half of Saturday's win at Brizzle Rovers.

Search - #bhafc_.jpg

There are lots of reasons why displaying this at a match would be a bad idea (not least that some morons would be bound to start tweeting sweary insults), and it seems ridiculous, but then there are loads of ways we use technology now that would have seemed ridiculous before they had been tried.

seagullsdon

Sep 29, 2010
Will the Amex have a big screen tv ?

I was just wondering , because I remember seeing a tv on a computerised picture of the AMEX but I cannot see one at the moment.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Absolutely not. Just a black and white portable in the hospitality boxes.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
yes , has been mentioned on several threads

cant wait for them

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
How can people be so dim? 100mill on a stadium and we would not have a big screen lol?

I the only one who is baffled by some people?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A simple search of 'giant screen' would have answered this.... if the slightest amount of common sense hadn't got you there first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here