Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX away end vandalised!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Plus they were jeering during the minuet silence. It gets my goat that! Blatantly making noise while people remember their lost loved ones. What sort of person thinks it's a good idea to do that?
Total lack of respect and utterly repulsive.

To be fair, I think most that noise was coming from the concourses where people had no idea there was a minutes silence taking place - let's face it there isn't usually one at 2.45. Sounded like that from the north stand seats anyways.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Is this story actually true though - didnt hear much from their supporters all game.

Think that the OP might just be fishing.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Plus they were jeering during the minuet silence. It gets my goat that! Blatantly making noise while people remember their lost loved ones. What sort of person thinks it's a good idea to do that?

I'm right near the away fans, the noise was coming from the concourse who had no idea what was going on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hopefully we'll hold back their share of the gate receipts to cover the inevitable damage then? This should more than cover any potential costs?

The away club don't get any share of the gate (except for cup games).

huge

Mar 23, 2011
I'm right near the away fans, the noise was coming from the concourse who had no idea what was going on.

To be fair, I think most that noise was coming from the concourses where people had no idea there was a minutes silence taking place - let's face it there isn't usually one at 2.45. Sounded like that from the north stand seats anyways.

I stand corrected and retract. Apologies Spurs Fans!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

They weren't jeering actually, they were still in the concourse and singing which was obviously loud once the minutes silence fell upon us. They soon shut up when word got to them from their own supporters in the south stand.

* Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the explanation *

huge

Mar 23, 2011

I stand corrected and retract. Apologies Spurs Fans!

They weren't jeering actually, they were still in the concourse and singing which was obviously loud once the minutes silence fell upon us. They soon shut up when word got to them from their own supporters in the south stand.

* Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the explanation *

Yep sorry it sounded like jeering. But they did break our seats apparently!! We'd just bought those!

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

I thought exactly that! Complete tossers

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It'll probably happen a lot, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up replacing them with non-padded in the south stand. Would guess millwall, palace, west ham will all do they same thing. Easy pickings if you're inclined to vandalise something

A bit OTT here imho.
They were cheering and singing, but there's some doubt as to whether they realized what was actually going on. They also cut it once it became evident that something WAS going on, which tells me they weren't being blatantly deliberate.

As for the 'slashing', I heard this rumour on Sunday and then it transpired it had been perpetrated by West Ham fans - so until the club tell otherwise I'm certainly willing to give TH fans the benefit of the doubt. Let's not leap to condemn Spurs yet

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You damage, you pay! Simples. Opposing club or specific fan it doesn't matter to us. No need to worry at all. And if they get fed up of changing seats - even though we won't be paying for them - all we gotta do is install plastic ones instead of new padded ones. Although this will be a bit annoying for any home fans using the south if segregated.

Will the Home support have to be subjected to the "AWAYDAY" experience as well? music,legends etc?

huge

Mar 23, 2011
A bit OTT here imho.
They were cheering and singing, but there's some doubt as to whether they realized what was actually going on. They also cut it once it became evident that something WAS going on, which tells me they weren't being blatantly deliberate.

As for the 'slashing', I heard this rumour on Sunday and then it transpired it had been perpetrated by West Ham fans - so until the club tell otherwise I'm certainly willing to give TH fans the benefit of the doubt. Let's not leap to condemn Spurs yet

Yes I stand corrected. I may pull the Post nobody seems to to see i've put my hands up. SORRY SPURS!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
With some of the clubs visiting this season the seating installers may well be employed full time replacing vandalised seats. If it's true that the seats were damaged on Saturday then Spurs need to be billed first and publicly shamed second. Very sad if true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here