Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person

BensGrandad said:
My own view is that I believe that the boot is probably on the other foot and that it is probably the 'clique' that is reputed to have existed during LK period that has bought about these thoughts.

So why present the first post of this thread as your own opinion?

That's either a really poor attempt at a u-turn or you're even less intelligent than first thought

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My original view was that somebody somewhere possibly had slight resentment of 'black' people and leant slightly towards the supporter who spoke to me about this. On reading about the clique I believe that that is more plausible and that rather than cause disharmony the breaking of this 'clique' would cause harmony.

Whether or not that has any baring on the CKR issue I would hate to speculate.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What really concerns me here is what you teach your Grandson about BHAFC

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
cliques? boots? feet? coloured? resentment?

Blimey - am I reading NSC or "Conspiracy Theory Weekly for the Over 65's"??

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
On face value there would seem to be some circumstantial evidence, however:

- The very white and very French Chagneau had a falling out last season

- FDM would seem to be very much back in the fold now

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
We've heard quite a bit about this clique now and from some people on here with decent sources, so there is probably something in it.

The bit that I've always found slightly unbelievable about it is insinuations that Mark McCammon was a big part of it. He's a fair bit older than the other players allegedly involved and for me when interviewed has always come across as someone with a very different attitude to training and hard work than what you hear alleged with the likes of Knight and Jarrett. In that video referred to by Brighton2Win, for example, he came across as some kind of gym fitness freak who basically did nothing but spend all day in there!

Big Mac may well have been a bit "chippy" to deal with as a coach, that's not exactly the same as being a pisstaker.

Doncaster have now given Big Mac the job of taking the sprint-training drills for the squad at Belle Vue, a minor coaching role. Again, this doesn't tally with someone who basically turns up to training to take the piss and have a laugh.

I think what I'm saying is that it's not particularly useful to view this as a black v white thing at the Albion, what you had was a very small number of disruptive younger players who just happened to be black - frankly, it's not exactly as if there haven't been disruptive white players in recent times, remember the reason why we offloaded Wicks to Hull. Nicolas turned up late for a Reserve game, not accusing him of being disruptive at all but if he'd been black, would we rather inaccurately have lumped him in as part of a clique after he failed to show at that game?

I think we have to be very careful with tarring all the black players at the club with the acknowledged antics of the likes of Knight and Jarrett.

From what I have heard, McCammon and Knight were the 2 main issues and McCammon has a reputation for being disruptive at other clubs.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
From what I have heard, McCammon and Knight were the 2 main issues and McCammon has a reputation for being disruptive at other clubs.

And if this is the case why did Magoo re-sign him bearing in mind he knew him from his Millwall days?? Anyway he has gone now so lets hope MM doesnt make the same mistake again.

Last edited:

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Denis n Lois said:
sorry if this has been said before(not read it all, got bored) but refering to black people as 'coloured' is one of the most racist/patronising comments one could make
My neice was told at college it's now offensive to call other races immigrants. Has the world gone mad, they'll be banning the term calling a spade a spade next.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Denis n Lois said:
sorry if this has been said before(not read it all, got bored) but refering to black people as 'coloured' is one of the most racist/patronising comments one could make

Oh, thanks for sharing that with us. That will save me being accused of racism. You're black, I take it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Black N Tan said:
My neice was told at college it's now offensive to call other races immigrants. Has the world gone mad, they'll be banning the term calling a spade a spade next.

For fork's sake ! I get your point though, seems to me that people are too busy worrying about what small minded smug smart arses think to see the bigger picture. I don't think that any 'minority' likes to be objectified by being labeled and black is black and those who care are proud of it it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What BG says is stupid, clumsy and potentially very damaging but it does raise the issue that there is clearly a divide between the black players and the white players. Although I think players dip in and out of the seperate groups (I think LI is correct in judging that McCammon was not part of the 'clique' and it was clear Jakey was friendly with them) on the whole the black and white players didn't tend to mix. Chances are it was a cultural issue more than racial, along the lines of music taste, age and social background. I hope the club have no racists (from the chairman to the players) but it is reasonable to assume it might, I have meet plenty in my life to know that these arseholes exist and are still fairly common. But to jump to this conclusion with no proof is very stupid.

I actually think it is far more likely that if abuse is happening it is culturally motivated. I.e based on stereotypical judgements of black culture. However there is no proof for this, I am purely hypotheisising to make the point that this is more likely than an overt racist element. I do think the club needs to look at getting the players to intergrate more.

Benny Zamora said:
Where did you find that out?
It was in one of the football papers, The League Paper I think.

Uncle Buck said:

Yes, but we seem to me to be discussing the existence of the pisstaking clique. Knight, yes, Jarrett, yes, maybe CKR as a hanger-on to those two, the nice kid who gets influenced. But McCammon? Hmmmmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here