Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Already queues at the the pumps

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Dougal said:
Q8 on a27 out of Wtg was pretty rammed this am and stations along A27 heading west the same story. Fukctards the lot of them. People are ridiculous.......years of tory government "I'm alright Jack" is to blame

:D Most of these people don't even remember a Tory government.

Blame it on a Labour government that takes over 65% of what you pay at the pump in duty. Blame it on a government which employs a man who actively uses two gas guzzling vehicles to take his wife 40 yards down the road so that her lacquer-armoured hair doesn't move in the wind. Take a close look at a government which signs up to a Kyoto treaty then doesn't actually encourage road users not to use their cars because they like taking the money out of your pocket. Blame a government that knows that people are as attached to their cars as they are to their genitals - and most of them would rather give up their genitals than their cars.

Blame it on people who are too stupid to realise that they have been manipulated into being part of a news story about panic buying. People are sheep, no matter what government you have in power, and if they think that they will be unable to use their nice shiny cars on the roads if they don't have an overflowing tank of petrol, they will sit in a car with the engine running for an hour. They will also take their jetskis with them to fill them as well, tossers!

Don't forget to buy in food and bottled water because the superstores won't have stuff delivered. Get some candles in, just in case the power goes. In fact, nip out and get a generator, then you can put petrol in that as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How do you define a panic buyer? If you have a round trip of 3-400 miles coming up in the next 4 days and it's a trip you really need to make, does filling up a half full tank (that won't do more than 200 miles) make me a panic buyer? In that case :bigwave:

I'd be interested to hear NSC's definition of panic buying as it seems anyone who plans ahead is a panic buyer, is that right?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Dougal said:
most people were raised on a conservative government . . . Fact :)

To blame it on a Tory government is naive. You need to look at this government before trying to attach blame to a government which has been out of power for eight years!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Icy Gull said:
How do you define a panic buyer? If you have a round trip of 3-400 miles coming up in the next 4 days and it's a trip you really need to make, does filling up a half full tank (that won't do more than 200 miles) make me a panic buyer? In that case :bigwave:

I'd be interested to hear NSC's definition of panic buying as it seems anyone who plans ahead is a panic buyer, is that right?

:glare:

If it's a trip that you have to make, ie life or death, or something which will seriously affect your life, then of course you have to plan, and you have to have to fuel. If your tank only holds enough for 200 miles, what are you going to do the other end?

A panic buyer is someone who fills up multiple vehicles, or someone who sits in a queue for an hour to get less than a fiver's worth of petrol in the tank. If you could make the trip another way, then make it another way. Most of these people have no idea why they are filling up other than they saw a queue, or they saw it on the telly. Most of them also have no idea what the protest involves - they seem to think that it involves forecourt protests rather than refinery blockades and go slows.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I had a hell of a time getting any diesel last night... had to try a couple of petrol stations (with queues out onto main roads) with my warning blinker getting more and more frantic. Finally found a station with diesel left (with a price of well over a quid a litre, natch)... so I filled up and drove the whole way home in second gear!

Gonna do it all again tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here