Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All time Favourite Albion goal

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Great Cornholio said:
Too early, I'm afraid. 14th November 187. Might even have been the time of the TV strike.

Unfortunately, over 1800 years before the invention of television!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
chez said:
Codner didnt score from the half way line against Millwall did he? I remember him scoring from halfway away to Plymouth but not in the play-offs.

no he ran from the half way line after receiving the ballfrom Mike Small

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Cue leaping about in the east Terrace with loads of pissed off Millwall thugs heading for the exits

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Dies Irae said:

Cue leaping about in the east Terrace with loads of pissed off Millwall thugs heading for the exits

And one of those thugs is now my manager,I only remind him of it weekly though:rolleyes:

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Nelsons at Brentford is the best i have seen.Also anyone remember Mark Gall beating what seemed like the entire Millwall team and slotting it home?.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Danny Cullips header vs the Cheats , 1st May 2001

Marvellous Scenes.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nelson v Brentford at Griffin Park.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, Virgo and McShane are the obvious (was out the ground for both of those, i can't pick between the two), but another one is possibly a Gary Hart goal in the 6th minute of injury time against Southend at Withdean a few years back. It was my 'Birthday treat' and the game had been crap, so went mental when that hit the net. Haven't seen it since though, which is a shame.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Peter Ward don't know who against but he took the ball from a throw-in and waltzed past 3 or4 players and slotted it in the right hand of the south stand goal.

I will take that one to the grave.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Our 2nd v Liverpool in 1984. Hadn't recovered from the 1st, 3 mins before. Only reason I vaguely like Terry Connor.

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
glasfryn said:
Peter Ward don't know who against but he took the ball from a throw-in and waltzed past 3 or4 players and slotted it in the right hand of the south stand goal.

I will take that one to the grave.

v Mansfield, I reckon, we won 5-1 he got a hat trick.

I vote for Gordon Smith in the Cup Final, He made contact, saw Bailly dive and thought, oh well hes got that,but when it went under him i thought hello this is gonna roll over the line, so I waited and I waited and after what seemed to be about half an hour it rolled across the line, perfect view right up near the back.
I also remember Teddy Maybank hitting the bar against Sunderland with an over head kick, but as it didnt go in it dont
count, I also saw him hit the bar in Corals as well!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
McShane's was obviously quality but it doesn't come anywhere near Virgo's v Swindon for me.

I've honestly never felt like that at a football match, suddenly the rain just didn't matter. Celebrations I've never experienced before or since. After going mental in celebration, I climbed over about 6/7 rows of seats to watch the shoot-out with Hiney. Cue more marvellous scenes after winning that, but I think even that didn't compare with when the equalizer went in.

Memories.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Deano Wilkins' 'BANANA' kick V Ipswich ensuring a 2-2 draw and promotion in 1987.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have a very saddening memory of Mark Gall. I loved that weaselly, skilled Wurzel. I remember us losing 4-3 at home to Millwall, but the Gall scoring our third by taking on about 4 thugs and sweeping his shot his favoured leggy broom into the bottom corner. No celebration as such, but a moment that will likely always be chalked on my upstairs blackboard.
His career ended shortly afterwards.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
1. Storer's v. Doncaster - no need to explain!

2. McShane v. Palace - celebrating in the boxes above the goal!

3. John Byrne's equaliser v. Liverpool - FA Cup 1991 - we were 2-0 down early in the second half with Barham in unconcious in hospital and fought back for a replay. How on earth did McCarthy win a penalty for tripping over his own feet?!:lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here