Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All time Favourite Albion goal

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And,and,and.........Bob McNicols thundering free kick against the Champions of England in the 4th round of the FA Cup in Jan 1961,v Burnley.

But I agree with the Peter Ward goals.The Man was magic,and nobody approaching him has worn an Albion shirt since.

Though my all time favourite is the last one,and the next.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Zamora chip against Bury was incredible,Cullip's header against Cheaterfield was a big one for me.Carpenter's at Tottenham was great just to be part of the 6500 fans who made the journey.McShane's goal at the scum is an obvious one.Virgs against Ipswich,Swindon and Leicester.Knight against City in the play off final,loads more

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Leon Knight away at Rushden a few years back. Don't know why but I really enjoyed that goal, it's probably the most explosive bit of forward play I've ever seen.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Gordon Smith in the cup final (no - not the miss - the header) or Gary Steven's equaliser

Or Case in the Semi

Virgs against Swindon

'Gary Coleman's' penalty in the Play Off Final

Virgs against Ipswich that kept us up in the Championship

Storer

Reinelt

Loads of Bobby Z's

any of Wardy's

And curiously enough, Steve Melton's against Reading -(they were leading the division at the time) the 3-1 game the year we went up to Div 1 - Bobby chipping in forward - Melton bursting from midfield to plant it past.....Ben Roberts!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously McShane at Palace, as it won me a cool £613, for a £3 stake. :clap: :clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
1 Storers v Donnie

2 Virgo v Swindon

3 Wilkins v Ipswich

:clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Codner from the half way line in the playoff vs millwall

Codner at West Brom ( we lost 4-1 but it was one of the best goals by an albion player FACT)

Danny Wilson vs palace at Palace ( 2-0 or 3-0) cant remember, but it was absolutely brilliant

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
andy crosby with his ear against blackpool - that was a bit special

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
or stuart munday away at leicester in the coca cola cup - what a hit son!

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Probably Virgs although my mind always goes back to the Gotsmanov goal against Hull when he dribbled past seemingly the whole defence and ran off celebrating before the ball hit the net.. magic..

I'm still bitter we didnt find the £50k to sign him...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Nelson v Brentford has long been my favourite but Knight v Watford in 2005 was a bit special.The passing in that move was so quick it was untouchable,I dont think any defence could have lived with it & am convinced that had it been a top premiership side that had scored it Sky tv would still be creaming their pants now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Merseyside Seagull said:
Best individual goal, probably Gary Nelson at Griffin Park against Brentford.

That's the one...............................FACT:clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
...Brian Bromley's goal in 1971 at home to Rochdale(?). Collected the ball in his own penalty area and ran the full length of a sticky pitch before shooting from outside of the penalty area - classic

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Dies Irae said:
Codner from the half way line in the playoff vs millwall

Codner at West Brom ( we lost 4-1 but it was one of the best goals by an albion player FACT)

Danny Wilson vs palace at Palace ( 2-0 or 3-0) cant remember, but it was absolutely brilliant

Codner didnt score from the half way line against Millwall did he? I remember him scoring from halfway away to Plymouth but not in the play-offs.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Graham Cross v 1st div Ipswich Town in the league cup. 1976

Only a simple tap in 2 mins from the end, But at 15 yrs old I felt we were the giant killers of England.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I cant believe nobody has mentioned John Byrnes equaliser to make it 2-2 at Anfield in the FA cup after being 2-0 down.

8,000 ALbion fans going mental at Anfield was a joy to behold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here