Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All time Albion Crap Games

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
REDLAND said:
Palace away 0 - 5

The ONLY time Ive walked out of a game early ...

The FA cup replay was a SHITHOUSE as well, though not completly unexpected !!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brighton v Sudbury at the Goldstone in the FA Cup and losing on penalties....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Brighton v Sudbury at the Goldstone in the FA Cup and losing on penalties....

Ooh, I'd forgotten that one. The only saving grace was that I watched it from the west stand and was able to lean over the tunnell and hurl unprecedented levels of invective upon the gormless heads of our vanquished heroes.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Stoke 2005-2006 lost 1-5
Southampton fa cup 1/4 finals 85-86 lost 2-0
Peterborough home 94-95 lost 2-1 (they had 9 men all 2nd half)
Monkey Hangers 92-93 drew 1-1 they had their keeper sent off after 4 minutes fullback went in goal
Northampton 96-97 lost 3-0 f***ing dire
darlington home first season at gillingahm they had their keeper sent off in 1st half carl shutt went in goal final score was 0-0
Kingstion fa cup think we lost 2-1 1995
But the worst game I have ever seen was the 0-0 love match v donny rovers at gillinghams ground a true dire match with the 2 worst league teams I have evern seen

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stoke 1-4 - last game of season in the 80's - Gotsmonovs last ever game for us.

they were relegated, brought thousands and we were GASH

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Have you got the bandwidth?! :lolol: ;)

Were you at Anfield for the 9-0?

If so, in all honesty was it horrific, or could you actually appreciate the Liverpool performance?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Gritt23 said:
Were you at Anfield for the 9-0?

If so, in all honesty was it horrific, or could you actually appreciate the Liverpool performance?

I was.

I've written a piece in Palace Echo about my top 6 ever away trips and the 9-0 was in there. Palace fans kept singing throughout and were given a standing ovation by the Kop at the end. The sort of spirit that saw us stay up that year and almost win the FA Cup.

Lpool were great that night, but Palace, honestly, didn't play too bad. We hit the post and missed a pen. The real outcome of that night was that Sir Steve went out and bought Andy Thorn and Nigel Martyn, who made all the difference in the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
paulie said:
I was.

I've written a piece in Palace Echo about my top 6 ever away trips and the 9-0 was in there. Palace fans kept singing throughout and were given a standing ovation by the Kop at the end. The sort of spirit that saw us stay up that year and almost win the FA Cup.

Didn't you finish THIRD that year? :eek:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
No - the year after.

We finished about 16th in a 22 team division I think. All four South London clubs were in the top flight that year and we won all our 6 games against the Dons, the Clowns and the Spanners which constituted a high proportion of our total points.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Walton and hersham 0-4 in 74 ish

Played during the day on a tuesday because of the power strikes and we had to bunk off school to go. Headmaster mentioned the poor attendance from our class the day before in his assembly speach the following day and said sarcastically that he hoped it had all been worth it. It had`nt been.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Too many depressing home games to mention, though I don't think I've ever been more gutted than Millwall last year.

Two most terrible away days [bearing in mind I can never remember what year anything was] were;

1. Fratton Park in the mid 80's. We were one nil up at half time, before Joe Corrigan and Willie Young conspired to gift them FIVE goals in the second half. And it rained, and only the away fans had no roof.

2. Boundary Park. 1990ish. Lost 6-1 and it snowed. Only the away end had no roof! Wendy scored a 35 yard free kick at the end but we were past caring!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
0 - 0 at home to swindon in the early 90's the most dire boring pile of crap I've ever seen.Swindon managed nearly 30 back passes( my mate counted)some from inside our half! At least when we've been hammered the other side have played well...usually

The first game I took Commander to was pretty dire - 0-0 against Pompey. I blame him!

Not sure when it was, late 80's at a guess.

But for real fans, your first ever game is always crap. It sets you up for following the Albion, you learn to not get too depressed when things go wrong and to REALLY enjoy when things go well!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Away at Hull some years ago, Cameron was subbed after 17 mins with Ian Culverhouse, the 1st team coach, coming on in his place, MA went ballistic, we lost, Cameron went to Lincoln and scored against us the next season.

That was a long drive home.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
paulie said:
I was.

Lpool were great that night, but Palace, honestly, didn't play too bad. We hit the post and missed a pen. The real outcome of that night was that Sir Steve went out and bought Andy Thorn and Nigel Martyn, who made all the difference in the remainder of the season.

Absolutely spot on and people always fail to metion that a few months later we turned them over 4-3 in the Cup Semi Final to exorcise the ghost. Ask any Liverpool fan what game they would have won and you know the answer.

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here