Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All time Albion Crap Games

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Gritt23 said:
Were you at Anfield for the 9-0?

If so, in all honesty was it horrific, or could you actually appreciate the Liverpool performance?

In answer to your question in all honestly Palace played pretty well that night and has been mentioned we missed a penalty and created a fair few chances, but fair play to Liverpool that night every time they attacked they scored, not much you can do about that especially with the players thet had in the team then, Barnes, Rush, Beardsley, Aldridge etc

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Absolutely spot on and people always fail to metion that a few months later we turned them over 4-3 in the Cup Semi Final to exorcise the ghost. Ask any Liverpool fan what game they would have won and you know the answer.

:drink:

that's really not the point of this thread though is it? How is the fact that you beat them a few months later relevant to a discussion about whether the first game was your all time worst game?

The fact that we've beaten Millwall away twice since December last year, doesn't alter the fact that I felt like shit that day.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
hans kraay fan club said:
that's really not the point of this thread though is it? How is the fact that you beat them a few months later relevant to a discussion about whether the first game was your all time worst game?

The fact that we've beaten Millwall away twice since December last year, doesn't alter the fact that I felt like shit that day.

Fair shout i apologise, the two worst games i can remember were the 3-1 home defeat to Crewe under Kember and a 2-1 defeat to Carlisle under that c**t Mullery, games to leave mental scars!

Oct 25, 2003
brighton 0-2 southend

my first game of the season, waterlogged pitch, DAVID LEE SCORED

brighton 0-0 brentford

my first EVER game...utterly appalling and completely pointless

brighton 0-1 stockport/oldham(can't remember which)

one of bookers games i think. utter shite

luton 2-0 brighton

appalling performance, shit ground, shit town

derby 3-0 brighton (i think it was 3-0 anyway)

appalling

millwall 2-0 brighton

piss poor game by two piss poor teams

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
hans kraay fan club said:

1. Fratton Park in the mid 80's. We were one nil up at half time, before Joe Corrigan and Willie Young conspired to gift them FIVE goals in the second half. And it rained, and only the away fans had no roof.

2. Boundary Park. 1990ish. Lost 6-1 and it snowed. Only the away end had no roof! Wendy scored a 35 yard free kick at the end but we were past caring!

I echo those two.

At Pompey the police then kept us in for 40 minutes after the match and were singing 5-1 at us. We then got bricked by the Pompey GOONS.

At Oldham we were just incredibly SPACKTASTIC, the players clearly thought it was too cold to run about and I missed Wendy's goal as decided to leave early to go for a kebab, which then caused me to follow through a few hours later when letting rip a silent but deadly in a boozer. NOT a good day.

1066gull

Albion 0 - 0 Derby

Jakey hits the bar from centre of the pitch:eek:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
El Presidente said:
I echo those two.

At Pompey the police then kept us in for 40 minutes after the match and were singing 5-1 at us. We then got bricked by the Pompey GOONS.

At Oldham we were just incredibly SPACKTASTIC, the players clearly thought it was too cold to run about and I missed Wendy's goal as decided to leave early to go for a kebab, which then caused me to follow through a few hours later when letting rip a silent but deadly in a boozer. NOT a good day.

Great days out, eh?!

Oldham was, as you say SPACKTASTIC. I got a comp off Keelo that day, so at least I was in the main stand out of the snow. It did mean, however, that two of us were sat in with all the Oldham, laughing their heads off at us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Losing in the cup at home toWalton & Hersham 4 - 0.
Losing at home to Leatherhead 1 - 0 in the cup -sod Chris Kelly.
Losing in the cup at Kingstonian.
Losing at home in the League vs Wigan was it 1 - 4
Losing at home to Bristol Rovers 2 - 8

Sorry there are too many to mention over the years.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That i've seen? Hmmm

Well my first game was a 4-0 defeat against Darlo at Gillingham...but i quite enjoyed that...

Losing 1-0 to Stockport was depressing...although losing to Palace last season was a bit of a pisser..

4-1 against Bristol was DIRE too..

Stoke last season..

A game which Reading won 1-0 when Coppell was manager left me gutted.

More entertaining defeats though have to be Gillingham (4-2) and Rochdale (4-3)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Perry Milkins said:
I left without seeing it!!
Me too, thanks to an over zealous steward.:angry:

Oct 25, 2003
good call LAURA

preston at home....we had just beaten reading away, and had we won that we probably would've gone on to easily stay up(i think we were out of the bottom 3 at the time)

i seem to remember us having a HOST of good chances which, probably, barrett f***ed up somehow(kitson missed a GOLDEN opportunity aswell) then preston scored

it may have even been 2-0

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
First game was the 3-0 home defeat by Oxford in the Cup in 81.
Kingstonian away in the cup 2-1
Swindon away in the League cup, can't remember the score but it was the same week as the Kingstonian game.
Fulham away in the League cup, think it was 3-0, possibly the most inept performance I have seen by an Albion team, left early but still missed the last train home.
Every game I have been to at the Britannia Stadium (Stoke) we have been absolutely pish poor, the ground is cold, windy and miserable a god forsaken hole.

There are more, but I would probably need rehab if I tried to recollect them all, prefer to remember the good days out, there have been plenty of them too.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Arsenal 1979 first game in the first division, we lost 4 nil at home and like the lottery when it first came out everyone in Sussex thought we would win, I was ten at the time standing in the chicken run and went home in tears, I seemed to remember it cost a £1 for Juniors £3 for the dads, no women at matches in those days of course.

Sep 12, 2006
A midweek game, when case was manager, the goldstone was falling apart, we lost about 3-0. cant's even remeber who it was against. case out case out and then everyone went round the west stand and smashed things up. i really thought our beloved club was falling apart at that point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here