Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All this Adkins bashing is making us look MUGS

D

Deleted member 18477

I think the Adkins bashing is simply HILARIOUS, especially when he keeps giving us new material every bloody week. Proper banter and ripping the piss out of rivals is part and parcel of football.

agreed! we'll celebrate the albion when we are mathmatically up and then celebrate some more when we are mathmatically champions. until then let the banter roll... and it is hilarious, i for one cant wait to see his little face walking across that pitch, it'll be more of a turn that smile upside down moment! CAN YOU CATCH US ADKINS? CAN YA? WHEYYYYYYY EGG ON YOUR FACE!

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
'Wish some people would concentrate on OUR success as much as Saint's "failure" '

Yeh but yeh but yeh but... our success is totally dependent on others failing... no? We should celebrate the tragedy of other ' big' clubs whilst we can!! We may not get another opportunity....... ;-)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
'Wish some people would concentrate on OUR success as much as Saint's "failure" '

Yeh but yeh but yeh but... our success is totally dependent on others failing... no? We should celebrate the tragedy of other ' big' clubs whilst we can!! We may not get another opportunity....... ;-)

Chances are Saints will be in the Championship with us next season, hardly a disaster for them. We are unlikely to romp a league like this again for quite sonme time, therefore I'd rather enjoy our brilliant season than try and gloat 24/7 that Southampton FC finished one place below us

I must admit ten years ago I was a little obsessed with Chesterfield, (or 'Cheaterfraud' as they were HILARIOUSLY referred to as), trolling their message boards at every opportunity.

These days I couldn't really give a flying one about our rivals and their managers' comments, preferring to concentrate on our success.

Perrhaps I've just grown up a bit. :shrug:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
People do seem to look for a reason to be angry, trying to find controversy where there isn't really any. I personally think it's a bit sad but each to their own.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How does our own fans focusing so much on Southampton and the others factor into the argument about our team not getting the credit it deserves on local tv? Aren't we just as guilty as the TV stations?

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Chances are Saints will be in the Championship with us next season, hardly a disaster for them. We are unlikely to romp a league like this again for quite sonme time, therefore I'd rather enjoy our brilliant season than try and gloat 24/7 that Southampton FC finished one place below us

Yes. possibly... but I was actually gloating (nice verb that..) over Sheffield Wednesday... owls chat is so much fun.

It has been a bit OTT in comparison to what has been said from their quarters.
A thread or two, a hoot of derision when they come to our place, and let the team and league position do the talking.

If anyone IS a 'mug' it's adkins, but pushing that in the faces of their support is daft as well - they aren't bigtime charlies poking their tongues at us and we'd look just like silly 'newbies' doing that to them.
I personally don't want our great season to be remembered by every other club for arrogance and insults. Better to be above that a bit, tell 'em "good, but no cigars chaps" and be gracious in success.
We don't want to alienate every other supporter in the league just because we've caught a nice GUSt of wind to get over their horizon.

I'll say it again that I hope Southampton come up in the playoffs, preferably beating B'mouth to get there. Us, then HTFC, then SCC will do nicely :thumbsup:
Anything other - as long as we're up it's fine.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any hint of anti-Adkins banners etc for the Saints game, and all these Adkins-gloating threads, just makes us a look like the small club Saints seem to have us down for.

Time to get over it.
I think everyone's just been told off. You are of course right.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
Let's hope he's not too thin skinned.

Any crap posted on the web now is not a patch on what he will receive from saints fans if he blows promotion this season.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I must admit ten years ago I was a little obsessed with Chesterfield, (or 'Cheaterfraud' as they were HILARIOUSLY referred to as), trolling their message boards at every opportunity.

These days I couldn't really give a flying one about our rivals and their managers' comments, preferring to concentrate on our success.

Perrhaps I've just grown up a bit. :shrug:

This.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Will all the fans stay off the pitch so Sam and the boys can do a lap of honour."

That kept us amused for YEARS and the Adkins "If they can keep up with us" quote is in a similar vein. Nothing wrong with having hundreds of threads on here all ripping the piss out of every aspect of our LOCAL RIVALS WHO ARE CURRENTLY IN THE SAME DIVISION AS US. Besides, at the moment it gives us something to talk about as Brighton-wise it's getting pretty boring what with us racking up victory after victory.

What does make us look like mugs is this weird obsession with Crystal Palace - a team we've barely played over the last thirty years (because they've been bigger and better than us) and what little rivalry there was only lasted a few years in the Mullery/Venables era.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
What does make us look like mugs is this weird obsession with Crystal Palace - a team we've barely played over the last thirty years (because they've been bigger and better than us) and what little rivalry there was only lasted a few years in the Mullery/Venables era.

Ooof!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Yes but it'll all be back next August.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Will all the fans stay off the pitch so Sam and the boys can do a lap of honour."

That kept us amused for YEARS and the Adkins "If they can keep up with us" quote is in a similar vein.

Not forgetting the "BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME BRIGHTON" banner.
That was lovely, that was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
".

Your real name is Mike Ward and I claim my tenner

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Your real name is Mike Ward and I claim my tenner
Curses! Rumbled ....

Ok, my original comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek but in all seriousness I don't understand why the rivalry with Palace lasted as long as it did. We weren't rivals before the Mullery/Venables era and we have hardly played each other since. Certainly during the 'dark days' when we were bumping along at the bottom end of the fourth division and they were in the Premiership it DID make us look like sad mugs by claiming that we had a rivalry; it was like Stockport claiming they were rivals with Man U. Maybe now that we've got Falmex things might pick up, but also I think they could pick up with Southampton as we are both going to be similarly-sized clubs. And like I said we ARE actually promotion rivals this year, they've got a gobby twat for a manager and some lairy ex-players of ours. All ingredients for a proper rivalry - if they can keep up with us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here