Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All this Adkins bashing is making us look MUGS

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Then next season it's back to Palace. If they stay up.
Indeed. And for them, Portsmouth instead of us and Bournemouth.

Next season is going to be MINT with the Palace games and us on a level playing field, and the further fixtures against Southampton, Portsmouth, and Reading will all be games to look forward to in a big way. Personally I'm hoping we batter all 4 of them. And it's certainly nice to be thinking this is the size of club that we find ourselves belonging to. I'm sick of tin pot mini rivalries with nothing clubs like Brentford, Gillingham, Southend, Orient and Bournemouth.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Walt I just want you to know that I would have valued and treasured your opinion equally if you had added it on to one of the fifty or so threads that already exist on this subject.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It is banter and the "keep us with us" comment should be referred to every now and then as it is funny and Adkins should be reminded of it when we play them at Withdean. But calling Adkins all the names under the sun because of it, "hating" him, and going on about it after EVERY game since then has made it rather tiresome.

Agreed, I hope he isn't greeted with hatred and aggression when he comes to withdean, that's not my feeling. I just think he's a bit of a dick and that 8,000 people just laughing at him, singing a few songs and clapping him with a huge welcome will wind him up more !

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
As mentioned earlier it did seem abit to far that come ft last night all these Adkins threads started to appear. There actually seems to be a mix of "banter" (which I am fully in favour of) and over the top obsession/hatred/ posters jumping on the band wagon call it what you will.

Remember last season all the dirty Leeds threads and look at how many there are this yr. It'll be the exact same with SCC.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At worst, he made a comment that has come back to haunt him. There are plenty of things that Gus has said and done which have been inflammatory too ( I was at Huddersfield this season for example).

By all means take the piss, but I would rather celebrate the Albion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're not obsessed with Southampton. I have never given them a second thought before this season. But that's the point, this season they are a factor, and to be laughed at and had the piss well and truly ripped out of them. Then next season it's back to Palace. If they can keep up with us.

Excellent post, just improved the last part.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
You're deriding your own fans here; why turn on your own ?

He's a clever sod, and made the comment in full knowledge it would get under our skins. It could have gone for him, but didn't.

Walt Jabasco in 'Testing out my next blog' thread shocker.. whatever next..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do think there are way more southampton threads on here than is necessary, but I don't generally have a problem with thyis season's rivalry with them.

My only concern at the moment is that the banter/abuse the fans hurled at Adkins last night and so much being made of this comment could fire Adkins up enough for southampton to get the iwn at withdean in a few weeks and I don't want to lost at home this season, and if we must I don't want it to be against southampton.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Starting a thread about him is hardly helping anything is it ? What next ? Be nice to Palace fans ? Who's the mug ? Frankly if somebody in Adkins place makes stupid remarks that have clearly backfired on him why not extract the urine ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent post, just improved the last part.

I see what you did there, very good. I have a feeling that even if Gus did say that....that too would turn to gold, and we'd leave them trailing in our wake.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In truth the person who comes across as the biggest mug is Southamptons dead man walking manager

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't remember threads like this when we were battling with Reading and Chesterfield for league titles but we had plenty of threads about those clubs at the time. It's not small time, it's normal to talking about your competition, laugh at their comments and enjoying our own team at the same time. This is part of enjoying the current season.

D

Deleted member 18477

Adkins is a prick. Everyone takes the piss out of wenger in prem league and i mean every1. winds arsenal fans up a treat. don't think chelsea or man utd fans are jealous of wenger winning nothing and it certainly doesnt make arsenal look like the bigger team... Its called banter. football is to be enjoyed and to laugh about also. why do people take it so seriously? Brighton have had there fair share of stick from a lot of other clubs so it's about time we gave some back, especially to the arrogant people of SCC and believe it or not that does INCLUDE adkins! If you can't take it, don't give it out. and SCC have dished a lot of arrogant shit up this season.

And yes no doubt it'll be flying palarse's way next season... can't wait!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All rather boring now, as stated let's celebrate the Albion

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the Adkins bashing is simply HILARIOUS, especially when he keeps giving us new material every bloody week. Proper banter and ripping the piss out of rivals is part and parcel of football.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
I don't think SCC are too concerned about us; if they go up and on paper they should still be favorites for 2nd place, all their fans will care about are two games against pompey!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here