Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All season tickets SOLD OUT and there is now a waiting list.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the club do set aside a proportion of players/staff season tickets why are they asking for fans to join the waiting list when the number already on the waiting list exceeds the number of what is going to be available ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
eh? is this the 500 or 1000 as mentioned at the presentations or something else?

roughly 900 or 1,000 for matchday sales. 500 were set aside for players/staff with the remainder split between complimentaries and sponsors. Add on the away fans and the total equals the total capacity.

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
If the club do set aside a proportion of players/staff season tickets why are they asking for fans to join the waiting list when the number already on the waiting list exceeds the number of what is going to be available ?

Er, because people may ...
... change their minds and come off the waiting list
... die ...
... be prepared to wait to fill some of the gaps left by people who don't renew ...

etc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Er, because people may ...
... change their minds and come off the waiting list
... die ...
... be prepared to wait to fill some of the gaps left by people who don't renew ...

etc

If fans go onto the waiting list now all well and good but I think its unlikely they'll get a ST until the season after next at the earliest due to the number already on the waiting list.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
so nearly 18k ST then. 10% Avail =2k and 2.5 away fans

sorted

I've got a feeling the 10% figure for matchday sales includes complimentaries and sponsors (Amex will be selling tickets to card members as a perk)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What with news of a waiting list, how might this scenario work out?

For the first season I am in the West Stand Upper about level with half way line. However, what if after the first season I decide the view is too high up/I can't handle the 5 sets of stairs/I am a bit more flush with the cash and have my eye on moving to the lower West.

If a number of fans decide to not renew for the second season, will the club give priority to those on the waiting list or will those with an existing seat be given first option to move for whatever reason?

Not at all. You could argue that the restricted capactiy of only 22,500 is what has fuelled season ticket demand. If the Amex had been built to hold 32,000 immediately like Southampton or Leicester, there is no way we'd have sold 18,400 season tickets, and it wouldn't have been full more than 3 times this season I suspect.
I always suspected this was the reason Arsenal only went for a 60,000 stadium. Create a waiting list, and STHs will think twice before declining a renewal. Increase something's scarcity and you increase its perceived value.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
So can I assume that anybody who emailed stsales@bhafc when general sale of season tickets was announced and was told that they would be contacted in due course (ie didn't get one) has been put on the waiting list or do I now have to mail customer services instead?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What with news of a waiting list, how might this scenario work out?

For the first season I am in the West Stand Upper about level with half way line. However, what if after the first season I decide the view is too high up/I can't handle the 5 sets of stairs/I am a bit more flush with the cash and have my eye on moving to the lower West.

If a number of fans decide to not renew for the second season, will the club give priority to those on the waiting list or will those with an existing seat be given first option to move for whatever reason?

I would guess existing STH's would be given 1st option to move to a seat which is being given up especially if a medical reason is a concern (walking up too many stairs)

or will those with an existing seat be given first option to move for whatever reason?
Indeed they should; we don't want a situation where loyal STHs are forced to apply for their preferred area using a different bank a/c (or even a relative's) in order to secure a seat that is available to Johnny-cum-latelies.

Congrats on your 1000th post BTW.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
You have to say the club deserve huge credit. To sell out is a great achievement and it's doubles all round that we'll be playing in front of a packed stadium every home game, away fans depending. Even more congratulations will be in order if the club are sold out a year from now.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I always suspected this was the reason Arsenal only went for a 60,000 stadium. Create a waiting list, and STHs will think twice before declining a renewal. Increase something's scarcity and you increase its perceived value.

Arsenal:
60,000 (far higher-paying) was the maximum they could afford (to borrow), and still cost £390m!
Prior to the building they had little cash reserves, so the developement was financed by a £260m bank loan and future Highbury flat sales.

To start going bigger, costs far higher proportionately e.g. Wembley's 90,000 cost £792m.

And Arsenal were limited by the tube station improvements they had to make too.

Together with site limits of the triangular piece of land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here