Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All season tickets SOLD OUT and there is now a waiting list.....

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I still have never met anybody who sat in the Lego stand.

We used to sit in the Lego stand sometimes.
When it was windy the whole bloody thing used to shake and move. Bit scary sometimes, especially when some pratt of a Leeds supporter decided to lob his beer over everyone in front of him and singing "champions of Europe!".

We had to laugh about the song, I mean, it was donkey's years ago even back then!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazing effort,makes you wonder how many we could of shifted.Shame the club will be losing money until they expand the ground.
Not at all. You could argue that the restricted capactiy of only 22,500 is what has fuelled season ticket demand.

If the Amex had been built to hold 32,000 immediately like Southampton or Leicester, there is no way we'd have sold 18,400 season tickets, and it wouldn't have been full more than 3 times this season I suspect. Don't forget, a large number of those STHs are only STHs in order to guarantee themselves a seat for the big matches, and because of the monthly direct debit facility in place, this is now an affordable option.

If the club continues to grow, gets up into the Premiership etc then you'll see the ground capacity raised, along with the number of STHs.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not at all. You could argue that the restricted capactiy of only 22,500 is what has fuelled season ticket demand.

If the Amex had been built to hold 32,000 immediately like Southampton or Leicester, there is no way we'd have sold 18,400 season tickets, and it wouldn't have been full more than 3 times this season I suspect. Don't forget, a large number of those STHs are only STHs in order to guarantee themselves a seat for the big matches, and because of the monthly direct debit facility in place, this is now an affordable option.

If the club continues to grow, gets up into the Premiership etc then you'll see the ground capacity raised, along with the number of STHs.
Prove it?
Ifs and buts my friend,you could also say that the club could reduce season ticket prices to sell more mmmmmm.Plenty more fans waiting to jump on the gus bus:)

Pointless debate:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Prove it?
Ifs and buts my friend,you could also say that the club could reduce season ticket prices to sell more mmmmmm.Plenty more fans waiting to jump on the gus bus:)

The only proof I have is of anecdotal evidence from what we consider clubs of similar potential. Look at Southampton - similar sized city, lots and lots of money spent on the team, averaging around 23,000 last season. That's good support, but did they have anywhere near 18,400 season ticket holders? No. And now they're promoted with us, I'd be surprised if they get more than 14,000 STHs this time round. Same for Leicester, Middlesbrough, and pretty much every other new stadium club.

On the other hand, someone on here could suggest we expand it to a 45,000 all seater and you would still nod and insist that it wasn't big enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Prove it?

Says the man who voted 10000 to 11999 max season ticket sales on the "How many season tickets will we shift at Falmer" thread. Seems that it's YOU that has jumped on the Gus Bus :lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The only proof I have is of anecdotal evidence from what we consider clubs of similar potential. Look at Southampton - similar sized city, lots and lots of money spent on the team, averaging around 23,000 last season. That's good support, but did they have anywhere near 18,400 season ticket holders? No. And now they're promoted with us, I'd be surprised if they get more than 14,000 STHs this time round. Same for Leicester, Middlesbrough, and pretty much every other new stadium club.

On the other hand, someone on here could suggest we expand it to a 45,000 all seater and you would still nod and insist that it wasn't big enough.
Not at all although 45k in the future would be great.Many people on here get proved wrong all the time or should i say most.Populations are rocketing and we don't have a football club within 45+ miles.If we was to get in the prem the demand would be ridiculous.I just know the potential is massive and i hope one day we reach that potential.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Says the man who voted 10000 to 11999 max season ticket sales on the "How many season tickets will we shift at Falmer" thread. Seems that it's YOU that has jumped on the Gus Bus :lolol:
What a load of bollocks that is as i said a sell-out:D

Prove it
If i did then that was an honest mistake as i,ve said since jan will will sell all:)

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Just love thinking about those who thought this was a gamble too far for Mr Bloom.

What more can you ask for than to have the place entirely sold out, with more fans (and their money) waiting in the wings?

You can just imagine the knowing smile our Tone'll have had on his face having proved his doubters wrong.

Not too dissimilar to the Poyet gamble...

"But Tony, this guy's never managed a team before, isn't it a bit of a risk?"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a load of bollocks that is as i said a sell-out:D

Prove it
If i did then that was an honest mistake as i,ve said since jan will will sell all:)

I don't think you did and here's your proof ..PINOCCHIO :lolol:

How many season tickets will we shift

10-11,999
43 23.63% Alan Cundle albionalbino Brighton4Cambridge3 bushy Conboy cuthbert durrington gull e77 eastterracemike El Turi greenfordgull highway61 J2 BHA Jerryatric Joe Gatting's Dad Johnnyboy joker Ken Newbury Laughing Gravy mikeyjh nicko31 Norman Baker suck my lozenge Notters Phoenix Arrow Plooks pottert Ringmer Seagull sam the super seagull SAPPER sean_o Silent Bob Since1982 sir albion Southstandseagullsfan Superphil TonyTownersShorts Tybalt Walt Jabsco Wanderer We're the Stripes Westdene Wonder westy Woodchip

westy

Jul 25, 2003

Id agree with this. I know a lot of people who panic bought a season ticket so they could guarantee getting into the Amex. I dont blame, more cash for the club. If the capacity had been higher, say 30,000, I think a lot of people would have chanced getting individual match tickets and we wouldn't have sold so many season tickets.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't think you did and here's your proof ..PINOCCHIO :lolol:

How many season tickets will we shift

10-11,999
43 23.63% Alan Cundle albionalbino Brighton4Cambridge3 bushy Conboy cuthbert durrington gull e77 eastterracemike El Turi greenfordgull highway61 J2 BHA Jerryatric Joe Gatting's Dad Johnnyboy joker Ken Newbury Laughing Gravy mikeyjh nicko31 Norman Baker suck my lozenge Notters Phoenix Arrow Plooks pottert Ringmer Seagull sam the super seagull SAPPER sean_o Silent Bob Since1982 sir albion Southstandseagullsfan Superphil TonyTownersShorts Tybalt Walt Jabsco Wanderer We're the Stripes Westdene Wonder westy Woodchip
Im shocked at that you bastard as i,ve been saying all along we will sell out although you could say a sell-out would be done with 12k season ticket holders aswel:lolol::lolol:

Cheers for that:hammer:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
oh what an atmosphere :)

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Probably because the club don't want to discourage enquiries completely by officially putting up the "SOLD OUT" signs right away.

If people are still enquiring about season tickets, they can hopefully be enticed onto our waiting list.

..and the longer that is, the more money they are likely to get out of selling PSL's

Now official

Season Ticket Waiting List

By Paul Camillin

Albion are inviting supporters interested in a season ticket at the American Express Community Stadium, either for next season or subsequent seasons, to join the club's season-ticket waiting list.

The demand for season tickets has been astonishing, with over 15,000 season tickets and 2600 corporate packages sold, leaving approximately 10 per cent of home seats to be sold on a match-to-match basis.

Managing director Ken Brown explained, "We have sold out on season tickets, and are asking any fans who may be interested in a season ticket to join the waiting list.

"We have some tickets set aside for players and staff, and some of these may be released for season ticket sales, however at this stage we cannot guarantee that will happen; therefore interested parties are advised to get onto the waiting list.

"Aside from those tickets, we have an area we want to keep free for cup matches - which can be up to a 15 per cent allocation for away sides.

"The board has also decided to keep some tickets for sale on a match-to-match basis for the benefit of supporters who can't purchase a season ticket.

"This way we also avoid the situation we had at Withdean, where there was a misconception that tickets were not available, because the first couple of seasons sold out to season ticket holders."

To join the waiting list, please email customerservices@bhafc.co.uk or contact the Albion ticket office.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"The board has also decided to keep some tickets for sale on a match-to-match basis for the benefit of supporters who can't purchase a season ticket.

eh? is this the 500 or 1000 as mentioned at the presentations or something else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here