Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All kicking off in Bennets Field!

It must have been obvious to those who applied to park there in the first place that as the car park is so close to the stadium they would get held up after the games. An idea might be that those wishing to make a quick get away should leave 15 minutes early when the barriers could be raised to let them out. There's no need to park up by the stadium in the first place!!!!!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Idiot!

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Why is he an idiot we all know club car parks are a nightmare to get out of after the game, it took me an hour to get out of stokes car park.If you`re an impatient barstad like me get the train,you can read the programme while queing and then travel home in comfort.We`ve got this fantastic new stadium courtesy of Tony and some people are still not happy FFS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I completely agree but NO WAY was I having a swipe at Insider on this !

I'm sorry if you thought that I was implying that, which I wasn't. I was making the point that lots of posters come straight onto Nsc to grumble instead of contacting the club.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
In fairness a lot of people had not been told that the barrier will not be raised for 30 mins...... the only reason i knew was because of NSC. When we parked this afternoon i asked a steward and he confirmed it to me so we took our time getting back to the car........ i was very surprised to see the barrier up about 20 mins after the game finished and was home in HH at 6.15.....

All the coaches and the park and ride queues had been dealt with by about 5.45pm.

What Bennett's Field customers are getting is the car parking space dedicated to their very own car. This sort of thing seems to matter to some people - and good luck to them - but, if you want to get away from the game early, be sensible - don't bring the car to the stadium. Park it somewhere else that is more convenient.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
We park in Bennetts field and my husband (not the one mentioned in the blue t-shirt) went and asked the Supervisor at 17.20 why the barrier could not be raised. Her response was "I don't know". Some people say that parking in Bennetts feild is a luxury, for my mother it is a neccesity as she is in a wheelchair. We did speak to Richard Hebbard and he was advised by the stewards that the gate opened at 17.17. This was definately not the case. It was well after this time. It actually took us until 18.20 to get out of the car park.

We have thought off a possible solution that may help this matter which we will discuss with Richard and hopefully this may help.

We park in Bennetts field and my husband (not the one mentioned in the blue t-shirt) went and asked the Supervisor at 17.20 why the barrier could not be raised. Her response was "I don't know". Some people say that parking in Bennetts feild is a luxury, for my mother it is a neccesity as she is in a wheelchair. We did speak to Richard Hebbard and he was advised by the stewards that the gate opened at 17.17. This was definately not the case. It was well after this time. It actually took us until 18.20 to get out of the car park.

We have thought off a possible solution that may help this matter which we will discuss with Richard and hopefully this may help.

Did you see or hear the ranting Buffoon trying to bully the steward. A Very unpleasant creature!!!.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Did you see or hear the ranting Buffoon trying to bully the steward. A Very unpleasant creature!!!.

I saw that. He made a bit of a twat of himself, in front of a lot people who were waiting for the Mithras House park and ride. I can understand he was annoyed that he was kept waiting (as were a lot of people) but his reaction was oout of order.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
but, if you want to get away from the game early, be sensible - don't bring the car to the stadium. Park it somewhere else that is more convenient.

Left my seat after the final whistle and was back in Lewes on the train by ten past five and back to my car by twenty five past.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
a large sign at the entrance might help.

Decent signage seems have been forgotten for the entire stadium and at the aproach to Falmer station - just hundreds of yellow jacketed stewards standing around doing nothing
This is so true,I talked with MP about this and suggested that if they had a traffic control to let so many go from one queue then so many from another people would'nt mind,but to be penned in with no info and stewards doing nothing leads to frustration of drivers. Once the police started doing this traffic flowed much easier.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It must have been obvious to those who applied to park there in the first place that as the car park is so close to the stadium they would get held up after the games. An idea might be that those wishing to make a quick get away should leave 15 minutes early when the barriers could be raised to let them out. There's no need to park up by the stadium in the first place!!!!!
Bet you would'nt say that if god forbid you were disabled!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Another classic comment from PUBIC SMALL TOY! I use the P&R and train but understand some people have no choice but to take a car! The club does need to communicate a bit better!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There are obvious issues that need to be addressed but there are some, not all, who appear to have a very small minded view on the transport issues. Anyone, and those also that are disabled, must appreciate that whilst it may not be in the perfect place, the stadium is there at all because the club were able to persuade the powers that be that the transport plan could work. Parking at most out of town stadiums are a nightmare due to the very fact that there are not the road infrastructures to facilitate a mass exodus 26 or so times a year. When Reading first opened the Madejski Stadium it took up to 3 hours to get out of the carparks. A complete nightmare until the link road was built.

But whilst the weather is good those waiting for buses/trains etc the emphasis appears to be largely about the carpark but come the bad weather in winter those people currently feeling frustrated at their little wait (and in real terms that is all it is) might take comfort that they are tucked up nicely in their warm cars while the rest of us are getting cold and wet waiting for our respective exits formats.

In the making of this post no disabled persons where discriminated against. Being a carer for my disabled wife I wouldn't be!!!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I witnessed a rather rude middle aged man, who should have known better, being extremely aggressive towards a female steward, The man in question had grey hair and if I remember correctly was wearing a blue t shirt. He sounded quite well spoken. I would not be at all surprised If he had been a school bully in his youth . If that was you sir, you should be ashamed of yourself. My suggestion to those who use that park is that you should either use public transport, walk or cycle.

Hopefully the steward didn't give in to the attempted bully.
The jam was a great leveller. Being well spoken didn't stop him having to wait like everyone else. Hard luck.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But they don't HAVE to park in Bennetts Field, do they?

... unless this is another of those mysterious 1901 Club rules that I'm unaware of.

I think it would be quite perverse to pay for something and then not use it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was working at The Emirates today. I left the ground 45 minutes after the whistle. It still took me almost an hour of crawling in nose to tail traffic before I finally managed to get moving properly.

When I've been to grounds like West Ham in the past, it's common for the rail queues to be snaking the whole length of a street with upwards of a half an hour wait.

People need to start getting real about how long it takes to get away from a ground with a proper crowd in it. There are improvements in signage etc which would help but ultimately, especially if fans travel by car, they need to understand it will take a while to leave the area as public transport has to take priority. On the bright side, they can sit in the warm and listen to the radio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here