Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Boxes now sold

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I just thought corporate hospitality would be considerably more expensive to be honest. Either way im not overally concerned. I dont buy into that side of modern football and i shall be happily placed behind the goal.

My understanding, if you are talking about the platinum seats is that you just get access to the lounge, ie you can buy your food and drink in comfortable surroundings.

Am i the only one that thinks that is ridiculously cheap?? Fork out the grand deposit and 99 quid a month is f*** all. Christ i do a oner more or less every away game i attend and im sure most people are the same.

Cheap! It currently cost me £18 per home game. If I buy a programme my total is £21. That works out at £483 per season. Throw in maybe 5/6 cup games, that is £609. For the privelage of standing in a lounge before and after the game, they are asking for just under another £600. All this for potentially League One football. I have previously supported the club on their pricing policy when people on here have moaned about the expense of going to Withdean but these platinum seats seem ludicrously expensive. Still, if they sell them all out then you can't argue.

So he means Sussex Uni not Brighton Uni

Isn't there already a walkway under the A27

Yes, and it's a fixed 5 year contract as well.

The monthly price is guaranteed over the 5 years, so if by any chance we are are in, or close to the Premiership, it will represent extremely good value.

And if we are in League two (which I doubt but!) is there a reduction?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do i assume correctly it is £99 per month (+vat) for 12 calender months or just during the months of the football season.

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
once you join the platinum club(1901) if you cannot get to a game you can call the vip ticket office and they will leave a temporary match ticket(swipe card) for collection on match day for whom ever you nominate, this will also allow them into the platinum lounge area.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Is it?

I stand corrected. When they phoned me about it (not the club, it was the salespeople asking on behalf of the club), they said the match ticket was extra.

Yes, in the STH letter, it said there would be a joining fee (I assume the £1,000) giving ownership of your seat for 5 years, then a 'subscription' payment for the seat over a 5yr period. Assuming the £99 is said subscription!

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
there will be a walkway over the rail track and the A27,to access the stadium from the car parking area

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not sure I agree with that sentiment.

True, a fixed price is good. However, seeing as this package does not include your match ticket, an improvement on the pitch doesn't necessarily mean an improvement in the quality in the hospitality.

If the price of your match ticket went up because we've gone up through the divisions, that's one thing, but if the hospitality cost went up, I'd want to see the appropriate and proportionate improvements.

But, hey-ho, that's all for another day.

Butthe £99.00 per month includes your tickets!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Some times I think I must have kicked the "thicky" bucket when I was a kid

So basically you pay £1000 for a 5 year tenure to sit in a platinum grade seat ( like a debenture at Arsenal)

On top of that you pay £99 per month + Vat = 1200 + 210 = £1410 per annum and that doesnt include the price of your ticket?

Am I hearing you right? Garlic Bread?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Not sure I agree with that sentiment.

True, a fixed price is good. However, seeing as this package does not include your match ticket, an improvement on the pitch doesn't necessarily mean an improvement in the quality in the hospitality.

If the price of your match ticket went up because we've gone up through the divisions, that's one thing, but if the hospitality cost went up, I'd want to see the appropriate and proportionate improvements.

But, hey-ho, that's all for another day.

The Platinum package does include your match ticket. Its £500 or £1000 for the initial debenture ( ie, the right to buy that seat) then a fixed term 5 year contract which includes all match tickets, parking close by ( 1 space per 2 seats), all friendlies, cup games, etc, but not your food or drink. That is payable on the day, only if you want it.

Its more like a full time subscription or membership to this club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Platinum package does include your match ticket. Its £500 or £1000 for the initial debenture ( ie, the right to buy that seat) then a fixed term 5 year contract which includes all match tickets, parking close by ( 1 space per 2 seats), all friendlies, cup games, etc, but not your food or drink. That is payable on the day, only if you want it.

Its more like a full time subscription or membership to this club.

So that seat will cost you £ 1000 + £2,400 (x5) = £13,000

You're having a LAAAARF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Up front payment of £500 (5 years) or £1000 (life) then £99 per month (ie £1188 per year) to get something like...

- A seat for each friendly, league game and cup game
- Access to lounge before/during/after games (food and drink cost extra)
- A programme for each game
- Priority access for extra tickets and tickets for events
- 1 parking space for every 2 tickets bought

Hello, hello, can anyone hear me?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And if we are in League two (which I doubt but!) is there a reduction?

It's a fixed figure for five years, fixed, it won't change, regardless for the first 5 years.

Match ticket for ALL Brighton home games is included, league, cup and friendlies. (Not testimonials).

Guaranteed tickets for ALL events at the stadium, Concerts, U21s, other sports, there is a pre-sale period where you can buy your ticket before they go on sale the general public.

Oh, and this one is sure to fire you up a bit,
Guaranteed Priority for all "Class A" "Glamour" away games (Villa, Spurs etc), all Platinum 1901 members will have the option to buy away tickets before they go on general sale.
There, I typed it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So that seat will cost you £ 1000 + £2,400 (x5) = £13,000

You're having a LAAAARF

Not unless you're calculating for 2 seats, no.

If you're looking at 5 years, the cost for a single seat would be...

1 * £500 = £500
5 * £99 * 12 * 1.2 (ie assume VAT is 20%) = £7128

So, cost per year/season would be £1525.60

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Some times I think I must have kicked the "thicky" bucket when I was a kid

So basically you pay £1000 for a 5 year tenure to sit in a platinum grade seat ( like a debenture at Arsenal)

On top of that you pay £99 per month + Vat = 1200 + 210 = £1410 per annum and that doesnt include the price of your ticket?

Am I hearing you right? Garlic Bread?

To be fair, I think you may have been, you seem to have got all of that wrong.

£1000 gives you life ownership of the seat.
£99 (+VAT) includes all Albion home match tickets.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah well that makes it all the better...£7,128 for 5 years football + a one off £1000

well worth it.

Pay on the day and pick the seat sounds the plan here.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here