Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So Ryan and Ali Jo likely to move in the next week or two. Tau possibly too.
Good work by all it has to be said.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So Ryan and Ali Jo likely to move in the next week or two. Tau possibly too.
Good work by all it has to be said.

Yep. Ryan and Ali J - all but either signed or confirmed by club negotiations underway.
Tau - no credible source.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yep. Ryan and Ali J - all but either signed or confirmed by club negotiations underway.
Tau - no credible source.

Tau was mentioned (speculatively) on an Argus article I read this morning. One of the Ben White ones i think...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is good news all round. Ali J is an excellent pro but the Premier League was a bridge too far for him. I fancy with more time and space he will be very effective in the Dutch League.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Xenophobia wtf are you on about !!!

I like the guy. Just because I went with a nickname for the thread title that hardly makes me xenophobic.

Ridiculous. But I guess everything is offensive to someone these days .

For what it's worth, I don't think your name calling is xenophobic. I just think it's pathetic and says a lot about who you are as a person.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We're going to be like Palace soon and have no players left at this rate! :lolol:

But at least half the ones left won't need a stairlift to get up the tunnel for us...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
For what it's worth, I don't think your name calling is xenophobic. I just think it's pathetic and says a lot about who you are as a person.
Footballers are given nicknames all the time. I'm given nicknames at home at work. How is Ali exempt? How is it pathetic ?

England's main song at the euros about Maguire having a massive head !!! I'm guessing you found that offensive and pathetic?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is good news all round. Ali J is an excellent pro but the Premier League was a bridge too far for him. I fancy with more time and space he will be very effective in the Dutch League.

Well, he was prolific there in the past. If a player is scoring goals regularly then he his happy, irrespective of the league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have seen the few potentially is £1.5-3m we must REALLY want him off the books. Shame. He’s worth more than that.
We have already amortized away £10.2 million of his fee in previous seasons books, so our future "break even" sale fee would be £6.8 million.

But we have a future £4 million wages liability so £3 million and no future wages could be something we'd go for.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
We have already amortized away £10.2 million of his fee in previous seasons books, so our future "break even" sale fee would be £6.8 million.

But we have a future £4 million wages liability so £3 million and no future wages could be something we'd go for.

That is not how accounting works, please stop.

Losses on trade occur when ever a sale is less than the cost of sale. Amortisation, or depreciation is simply a way to spread that cost of sale throughout its 'useful life'.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Footballers are given nicknames all the time. I'm given nicknames at home at work. How is Ali exempt? How is it pathetic ?

England's main song at the euros about Maguire having a massive head !!! I'm guessing you found that offensive and pathetic?

I never said offensive. Amazing how people like you always try and work that in there as if disagreeing with something is immediately offensive or hurtful. I couldn't care less about your nickname, just pointing that referring to a player called Jahanbakhsh as "handbags" is lazy and pathetic. It's pretty consistent with your posting about the man and more generally.

I wasn't going to say any more but your working the word offensive in to suit your narrative was just too juicy a pitch not to swing at.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
That is not how accounting works, please stop.

Losses on trade occur when ever a sale is less than the cost of sale. Amortisation, or depreciation is simply a way to spread that cost of sale throughout its 'useful life'.

It's exactly how accounting works for the sale of assets. A player isn't a tin of beans bought to be sold with a mark up.

Surplus/(Deficit) = Sale Price - (Cost - accumulated amortisation/depreciation)
*there are other possible adjustments.

A dullard might correct me if wrong.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Have seen the few potentially is £1.5-3m we must REALLY want him off the books. Shame. He’s worth more than that.

Long term savings on his contracted wages must be huge though. A huge financial boost for the club for him to go.

I do agree with a number of comments above, really a terrific pro with a great attitude. He had some great cameos, just a shame for one reason or another it never fully kicked off for him here.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's exactly how accounting works for the sale of assets. A player isn't a tin of beans bought to be sold with a mark up.

Surplus/(Deficit) = Sale Price - (Cost - accumulated amortisation/depreciation)
*there are other possible adjustments.

A dullard might correct me if wrong.

Yes, it is how accounting works - it's still a case of shelling out a lot more money than we get back, it's just that it's less of a loss in any particular accounting year. If we sell Jahanbakhsh for £3M we've 'only' lost £6M because we;ve amortised/written off/lost £3M last year and amortised/written off/lost £3M the year before that!
It's very clear in accountancy, but it's very understandable if it is also regarded by many, with good cause, as something involving mirrors and rather a lot of smoke!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I never said offensive. Amazing how people like you always try and work that in there as if disagreeing with something is immediately offensive or hurtful. I couldn't care less about your nickname, just pointing that referring to a player called Jahanbakhsh as "handbags" is lazy and pathetic. It's pretty consistent with your posting about the man and more generally.

I wasn't going to say any more but your working the word offensive in to suit your narrative was just too juicy a pitch not to swing at.

Oh gawd, better add me to your shit list. Have always called him Jahanbags and have always liked him as a player....so sorry, must go off to self flagellate......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh gawd, better add me to your shit list. Have always called him Jahanbags and have always liked him as a player....so sorry, must go off to self flagellate......

Obviously I'm not speaking for BB, but the separate thread was clearly unnecessary as Ali J's signing thread is one of the most high profile one here.
Then there's the name, whether the OP mean't it or not, it's easy to put a patronising spin on 'comedy' nickname attached to a 'is leaving' rumour thread.
Just all a bit eye rolling and lacking in class and respect, somewhat unfortunate if that threads OP was just going for a light touch - (t'is something I frequently fall foul of)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here