Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Good. Great guy and produced one of our most memorable PL moments, but overall really underwhelming for what we paid, and he simply doesn't look cut out to be a PL player. Wish him a happy rest of his career if true...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If true wish him all the best.

Been nothing but a total pro the whole time since he arrived never complaining about lack of playing time and always spoke of working hard to get an opportunity.

Totally agree with this.
He hasn't quite got 'something' for this league, but he is clearly a top guy and has been an utter pro.
And that goal....
Best of luck Ali if this is true. We're all rooting for you.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Problem is gonna be the wages .... Feyernoord are broke ..... No incentive for handbags to move.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Supposedly he is on 40oddK. Surely top earners there earn that?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That’ll be a massive one to get off the wage bill

This. A huge plus to reduce our wage bill (to hopefully put towards another player).

Lovely guy. I think all of us wanted AJ to succeed, but it’s never quite happened. Rarely made an impact from the bench last season.

We can put Khadra or another u23 player in his place and he’d be as good if not better. All the best AJ.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This 100%. The guy deserves a more respectful thread title as a minimum, same as Maty Ryan did. Mods?

Agreed.

Yet more evidence of pathetic xenophobia and borderline racism at worst, huge disrespect to a consummate professional at best. It’s the creeping undertow of unacceptable bantz which sits atop an iceberg, the very tip of a cultural cesspit.

And breathe…

Scored probably our best ever goal, at any level, and had a decent run towards the end of last season. I’ll be sad to see him go as he always looked to be about an inch of being very good at this level. However, if he can find his form in Holland once again, I wish him all the luck in the world.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agreed.

Yet more evidence of pathetic xenophobia and borderline racism at worst, huge disrespect to a consummate professional at best. It’s the creeping undertow of unacceptable bantz which sits atop an iceberg, the very tip of a cultural cesspit.

And breathe…

Scored probably our best ever goal, at any level, and had a decent run towards the end of last season. I’ll be sad to see him go as he always looked to be about an inch of being very good at this level. However, if he can find his form in Holland once again, I wish him all the luck in the world.

Spot on Kosh. I've been willing him on to get that break but it's just never happened.

same can be said for a few others!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Problem is gonna be the wages .... Feyernoord are broke ..... No incentive for handbags to move.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

With 2 years left on his contract, the incentive might be to be playing first-team football every week while he still in his prime. If he hangs on for another 2 years he'll be just turning 30 and possibly not getting the same sort of opportunity.

Ali J certainly comes across as the sort of hard-working pro that enjoys his football and would rather play than sit on the bench for ££.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Agreed.

And breathe…

Well said.

Very few players have his attitude and work rate. I remember his face after than goal against Bournemouth, he was so elated and emotional.

Not quite the right fit for the Premier League but will probably start hitting 20+ goals in Holland again.

Best of luck to the lad.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed.

And breathe…

Xenophobia wtf are you on about !!!

I like the guy. Just because I went with a nickname for the thread title that hardly makes me xenophobic.

Ridiculous. But I guess everything is offensive to someone these days .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If true, might be a case of us underwriting the wages (by reducing the fee or making a contribution), so might not be the huge wage bill saving we'd all want.

I posted this about 45 mins ago, but the site went Error

[tweet]1414580501638221828[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here