Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't get the snide comments about him tbh.

Decent player, great attitude, with the best shot in the club.
It just hasn't really come together for him here.

If Ajax want him, for a decent fee, I'll wish him all the best.
If not, I have no problem with him being one of our subs next season.

Quite.

I have my suspicions why, but I couldn't posily comment ???

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Agree you can’t criticise the bloke for attitude or effort, it’s just really not clicked for him and the Prem is just probably not suited to the type of player he is. You could see him storming most other European leagues that give players more time on the ball.

Yep, his effort and commitment not in doubt but his hasn’t been anywhere near Prem level when he’s been given a chance, will do well back in Dutch league

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't get the snide comments about him tbh.

Decent player, great attitude, with the best shot in the club.
It just hasn't really come together for him here.

If Ajax want him, for a decent fee, I'll wish him all the best.
If not, I have no problem with him being one of our subs next season.

Agreed. I could understand it if we were a team of goal scoring super stars. But we finished 16th...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure where he would go if he leaves. In Holland the only club who could pay his wages would be Ajax but I'm not sure they would want him as I struggle to see him becoming a starter for them.

I'm sure the club would be happy to let him go as he eats money without giving much in return but I can easily see him stay for another year.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure where he would go if he leaves. In Holland the only club who could pay his wages would be Ajax but I'm not sure they would want him as I struggle to see him becoming a starter for them.

I'm sure the club would be happy to let him go as he eats money without giving much in return but I can easily see him stay for another year.
Unfortunately he'll be staying another two years, not one, unless we can move him on.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

From that comment he made about making a decision about his football this summer, I'm hoping he sees some sense and drops his wage requirement otherwise he's just going to waste away his career. He's never going to be a success here whilst we're in the Premier League.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
From that comment he made about making a decision about his football this summer, I'm hoping he sees some sense and drops his wage requirement otherwise he's just going to waste away his career. He's never going to be a success here whilst we're in the Premier League.

I seem to recall he had similar offers last season, but wanted to prove himself in the Premier League.
I don't think his wanting to stay is purely about the money. I think he genuinely wants to test himself at the highest level.
You can't fault the fella for that. If he was Agustein-ing it up left, right and centre, then fair enough, but the bloke is committed to us and his career.
Any resale value we get from him, will be as much about his attitude as his talent IMO.

Potter clearly doesn't think he's a waste of wages, or he wouldn't have used him so frequently last season.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If true wish him all the best.

Been nothing but a total pro the whole time since he arrived never complaining about lack of playing time and always spoke of working hard to get an opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here