Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
How can Potter possibly think we need to bring on a man we were trying to move on in January? Absolutely baffling sub, killed the pressure, cost us the game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Total waste of space. Unbelievable how much money we wasted on him.

What the **** was Potter thinking bringing him on?! We lost all momentum and effectively went down to 9 men as Maupay was so shit

I must admit that he was the last name on that list of substitutes that I'd have brought on - except Steele.

Maybe.............

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Iranian Leon Best

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is such a minor thing in the grand scheme of things but is Ali J really the answer when we're down one goal with 3 minutes left...

Go back six or seven months and GP was an idiot for not playing him, today he is an idiot for giving Ali J 3 minutes. Who knows what next week got to offer.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Not a fan of him, but the game was already gone by the time he came on. Honestly, I think Graham chucked him on in case he pulls of some kind of worldy if we got a corner or something.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Go back six or seven months and GP was an idiot for not playing him, today he is an idiot for giving Ali J 3 minutes. Who knows what next week got to offer.

Really? Is that according to Brighton and Hove Albion, The Swansman Edition? Alireza has been a colossal disappointment, he’s had 2 highlights in his time here, other than the stubborn minority and hopeful few most people have accepted that he’s simply not good enough.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think the general consensus is that he's had his chance and we should be giving other players minutes ahead of him now.

I’m afraid I tend to agree. After missing that header (can’t remember who it was against) I’ve less faith in his scoring ability than our other forwards and that’s saying something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really? Is that according to Brighton and Hove Albion, The Swansman Edition? Alireza has been a colossal disappointment, he’s had 2 highlights in his time here, other than the stubborn minority and hopeful few most people have accepted that he’s simply not good enough.

This - to say anything else is ridiculous.

Waste of money.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Cant help thinking someone has agreed to buy him in the summer if he plays a certain amount of games this season hence the late cameos

Wasn't it AJ himself that said he had offers from other club last summer but after a meeting with the club Potter wanted him to stay or something along those lines. Just hope he slips off this summer to pastures new.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Wasn't it AJ himself that said he had offers from other club last summer but after a meeting with the club Potter wanted him to stay or something along those lines. Just hope he slips off this summer to pastures new.

Yeah, but Shoreham were only offering £30 a game and he baulked at that. They weren't prepared to pay the extra tenner he wanted.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is impossible to overstate how much value we have had from Pascal Gross - 14 goals and 17 assists in 108 PL appearances, for £3 million.

The recruitment team played an absolute blinder there for which they rarely, if ever, get credit on NSC.

I would accept an Ali J or Locadia signing every season if it was also accompanied by a Gross signing. :shrug:

After a short hiatus, normal service has been resumed.

Pascal Gross - the incredible, versatile, goal-scoring and assisting Pascal Gross - now has 14 goals and 20 assists in 116 PL appearances.

(He should have also had a goal today, but let's focus on the positive).

Onwards and upwards!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here