Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’d start him in the next game over Trossard and see how he does. I think he’s got much more to offer than we’ve seen.
I’ve been willing Ali J to do well for a while. When he comes on he offers something a little different to what he replaced, but when he starts he fails..... it’s certainly not for lack of effort, it just doesn’t seem to work out for him

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And we saw today what he can do when he gets space and time on the ball. Unfortunately he won’t get that in the majority of Premier League games which is why he will never make it here.

Lovely guy, great pro but time to move him on in the summer for his and our own good.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’ve been willing Ali J to do well for a while. When he comes on he offers something a little different to what he replaced, but when he starts he fails..... it’s certainly not for lack of effort, it just doesn’t seem to work out for him

I’m inclined to agree (bar perhaps that game against Bournemouth) which is why I suspect he’ll be off in the summer. I wouldn’t begrudge him a start or two in the remaining fixtures though :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's bound to do well wherever he goes in the summer. Just not quite the right fit here, for whatever reason, but clearly a lovely guy and talented footballer.
Really hasn't done enough though.
Almost nailed on posts of 'Can't believe we sold Ali J' over the next couple of seasons though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but one swallow does not make a summer. Presumably he's not been showing enough in training to justify more starts. Seems like a nice lad but will need to move on if we want to avoid the ' let's hope there are 3 teams worse than us ' approach.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Obviously a super professional and a decent player (just not really the required level).

I'm pretty sure the club will make another attempt to ship him out in the summer but if there's no takers I think he will still get a lot of substitute appearances and the odd start.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
He REALLY enjoyed Welbeck’s goal

68AF67BE-62EF-40FE-8B7F-FE848CEBD779.jpeg

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’d start him in the next game over Trossard and see how he does. I think he’s got much more to offer than we’ve seen.

About bloody time he showed it then! Sorry, I think this is one signing that just doesn't work for us, very expensive too. If we can get him off the wage bill, that will be a big plus for this summer's transfer window. Time to move on, if we can.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
About bloody time he showed it then! Sorry, I think this is one signing that just doesn't work for us, very expensive too. If we can get him off the wage bill, that will be a big plus for this summer's transfer window. Time to move on, if we can.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect him to still be here when the next transfer window ends and I’d even want, for want of a better word, him moved on. For his own sake as much as ours.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect him to still be here when the next transfer window ends and I’d even want, for want of a better word, him moved on. For his own sake as much as ours.

Fair enough - he's probably disappointed, frustrated even, but at least he's made his fortune!

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I still think we have a good player in jahanbaksh.
He's a fine passer of the ball and can get incredible power in his shots.
Difficult for him to shine when he is limited to Five or ten minutes at the end of a game.
Looked really good today when he came on and he seemed to have a more free roaming link up play role which was interesting and was a key part of a couple of attacks and got a good shot away that looked like a rocket goal if it wasn't for the block by the leeds defender.
I still really like jahanbaksh.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think that as we are now so close to safety that Ali J will see more playing time. And I expect him to impress us.

But isn't that the problem. When we are still under pressure I want to know that he's done enough in training to get more starts and impress me then. Looking good when the pressure is off and the boss no longer things you are a risk is hardly an endorsement.

I would have loved it to work out for him with us as he comes across well but maybe it's just not going to work with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here