Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
From memory we chased Alireza for 3 years - he declined once as he thought he wasn't ready to come to the UK - we kept chasing him - we really did have enough time to do due diligence. What a waste, on the way up and on the way down. Good luck to him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Unnecessary IMO....I never quite get posts like this re players who have tried their best, been decent servants to the club and not been dicks [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Anyway, never been anything other than completely professional and humble and I’ll never forget that Chelsea goal. Was almost as stunned as he was [emoji23][emoji23]

Will do a great job for someone in the right team/position. Talented player and wish him well if he’s off.

His , and the teams reaction to his first PL goal against Bournemouth the week before his Chelsea belter was also very revealing. The sheer emotion of it all, him nearly in tears, the rest of his teammates joy for the man was a really special Amex moment.

If he does go, I hope he goes somewhere that he willfeel the same emotions after scoring.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
And yet still, he looks one of our most dangerous and direct outlets when he comes on. I always think there's something in him waiting to flourish if given a sustained run in the side in his preferred right wing-forward position, but sadly none of our front 3 or 4 get a sustained run in the side.

Good post

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He always gives 100 per cent and has a very good shot on him. He plays with good intelligence. He does not however have the assets of pace or strength and his distribution can be patchy. Thus the Premier League is tough for him. Nice guy though who you really want to do well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His , and the teams reaction to his first PL goal against Bournemouth the week before his Chelsea belter was also very revealing. The sheer emotion of it all, him nearly in tears, the rest of his teammates joy for the man was a really special Amex moment.

If he does go, I hope he goes somewhere that he willfeel the same emotions after scoring.

Good point.........

Also worth recalling the borderline NSC Gold flight-tracking day when he arrived. Fantastic scenes........’noooooo, plane is heading to Leicester’........’hang on, now landing at Biggin Hill’.......’bollocks, must be West Ham then’......[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
This sucks man. :(

As an Iranian who moved to the UK around the same time as Alireza and started following Brighton because of him, I grew to liking the team as a whole (who doesn't like an underdog) and watched almost every match since 2018, even those which Alireza was injured for. I even got some Brighton merch for my birthday last year.

I wish things panned differently for him, because in my heart of hearts know he is good enough for this league. Either way, I hold no ill-will towards the club, and hope both Alireza and BHAFC have a successful future.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Best of luck to him. Everything that has come out of the club suggests that he is a passionate model-pro. His best role in Holland was the role Salah plays for Liverpool in a similar system. Seems like a player who is only worth their place in the team if they are getting regular goals and assists, I’m sure he’ll find somewhere to do that again.

I expect him to go to Europe (hopefully in a PX deal with KAA Gent) and catch our attention with Champions League or Europa goals.

Leaves us with possibly the best goal at the Amex and another that took the smug grin right off Eddie Howe’s face.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I can see why he flourished in the Dutch league but the prem is a step too far for Ali.
He is simply too limited in too many areas to be effective at a high level.
I wish him well though. He’s an intelligent and good guy.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I can't translate that article. Where does it say he's off,nothing on the club website. I will be sad if he goes,there was something about him we never got to see with him being played out of position I feel. Best of luck though AJ if you move on,consumate professional and seems like a really nice bloke.:shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't translate that article. Where does it say he's off,nothing on the club website. I will be sad if he goes,there was something about him we never got to see with him being played out of position I feel. Best of luck though AJ if you move on,consumate professional and seems like a really nice bloke.:shrug:

It’s in English on Gol Bezan’s English twitter page (he dual posts in Farsi and English where necessary). He’s a leading Iranian football journo and I believe close to Ali so a sound source.

https://twitter.com/golbezan/status/1346821328792383489?s=21

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I always wanted him to succeed at the club and hoped that this would prove to be his breakthrough season.

There's just something about Ali I've always liked; the way he's always given 100% when he gets his chance on the pitch; how eloquent and humble he is in post-match interviews; how scoring the goals he did obviously meant so much to him.

I wish him all the best if he is moving on and hope he finds success at another club. I'll follow his career with interest and nothing but best wishes.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I always wanted him to succeed at the club and hoped that this would prove to be his breakthrough season.

There's just something about Ali I've always liked; the way he's always given 100% when he gets his chance on the pitch; how eloquent and humble he is in post-match interviews; how scoring the goals he did obviously meant so much to him.

I wish him all the best if he is moving on and hope he finds success at another club. I'll follow his career with interest and nothing but best wishes.

he certainly passed the "no dickheads policy"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The question for him is whether a club that puts in an offer is willing to match the wage he earns at Brighton.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
And yet still, he looks one of our most dangerous and direct outlets when he comes on. I always think there's something in him waiting to flourish if given a sustained run in the side in his preferred right wing-forward position, but sadly none of our front 3 or 4 get a sustained run in the side.

Sorry, I can't agree. I want him to do well and as soon as he comes on he passes to an opponent or does something else that reminds us why he seldom starts. If he goes, what will remember of him really? Two Premier League goals, one brilliant cross that forced an own goal against Watford and a header against the bar from a yard out that should have been the winner against Sheffield United. But wasn't.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Just not at a high level.

He seems a lovely chap and I really hope he does well, but he’s out of his depth in the PL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People keep saying this but I think it's total nonsense. We simply haven't used him effectively or really given him his chance to show what he can do. It's all old ground and I'm over the discussion now but it will always frustrate me when people say "he's out of his depth in the PL".

Jahanbakhsh is a lot better than many of our regular starters, I have absolutely no doubt at that at all. The difference is two managers haven't chosen to assemble a team which benefits him or allows him to thrive. The first manager was scared of attacking football and was determined to play Knockaert on the right, despite Jahanbakhsh being better suited to playing that role. In that first season he was deployed as cover for the rubbish Gaetan Bong, rather than an attacking winger. Under Potter he's been moved around all over the place but shown his quality and his worth when actually given a chance.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
People keep saying this but I think it's total nonsense. We simply haven't used him effectively or really given him his chance to show what he can do. It's all old ground and I'm over the discussion now but it will always frustrate me when people say "he's out of his depth in the PL".

I wouldn't say he's out of his depth but if you watch him closely, even things like his touch, aren't good enough to be a regular starter.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I wouldn't say he's out of his depth but if you watch him closely, even things like his touch, aren't good enough to be a regular starter.

That may be the case but we may never know if that's due to a lack of match sharpness or because it's simply how he is :shrug:

As above, I don't see how anyone can suggest he's had a chance to prove himself. I thought after Bournemouth and Chelsea last season he'd finally be given a chance but it never materialised. Odd one for me :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here