Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Ferguson, when will the authorities stand up to this tosser?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can name any town in the world and they'll probably be a MU fan there somewhere.

And a Liverpool, Arsenal, Barca & Chelsea one.

Anyway, AF is English football royalty, if sad journos want to try and tease him with leading questions they deserve all they get, if he wants them out, then out they should go. He answers relevant questions when asked all the time, and eloquently too. Trouble is, some people just can't stand a Winner and want to try and be clever and try to put him down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Anyway, AF is English football royalty, if sad journos want to try and tease him with leading questions they deserve all they get, if he wants them out, then out they should go. He answers relevant questions when asked all the time, and eloquently too. Trouble is, some people just can't stand a Winner and want to try and be clever and try to put him down.

Then they get the hump when he wont play their game

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He answers relevant questions when asked all the time, and eloquently too.

You know this is not true. I can think of a few 'relevant' questions to which he has thrown a hissy fit. For starters there are the very relevant questions about his agent son and his conflicts of interest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You know this is not true. I can think of a few 'relevant' questions to which he has thrown a hissy fit. For starters there are the very relevant questions about his agent son and his conflicts of interest.

You wouldnt expect him to answer a question on that subject surely and nor shoulda reporter so why bother asking it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You wouldnt expect him to answer a question on that subject surely and nor shoulda reporter so why bother asking it.

I'm sorry but this is a very relevant question. He could either explain why he felt the BBC was wrong, or say no comment. But no, he threw a hissy fit and banned the organisation from all press conferences for I forget how many years it is now. Whilst I do not expect him to answer the question...his reaction was and still is very poor.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

why should he answer any questions from a reporter regarding his son? No relevance whatsoever.:shrug:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm sorry but this is a very relevant question. He could either explain why he felt the BBC was wrong, or say no comment. But no, he threw a hissy fit and banned the organisation from all press conferences for I forget how many years it is now. Whilst I do not expect him to answer the question...his reaction was and still is very poor.

Is it not obvious? Clearly he felt the BBC was wrong and challenged them to come up with some evidence to back up their pretty damning accusations against his son. The BBC had no evidence, hence no action was taken from a legal point of view. He has made it very clear over the years that if the BBC made an apology for the accusations they made, he would resume relations with them. So far the BBC have refused to apologise (or come up with any evidence) and AF still refuses to talk to them. (by the way, they are not banned from OT or his conferences, he simply refuses to speak to them directly.)

To be honest, I'd hope my Dad would do the same for me...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not knocking the bloke just remarking on the fact he does get away with a lot. I certainly don't hate United either although I do despise their legions of armchair fans who live in places like Weybridge and Clapham.

Living a couple of miles away, I don't think anyone in Weybridge has even heard of football, let alone Man Utd. Popular conversation topics in that town would include how to spend your seven-figure divorce settlement, slagging off the scum nextdoor with their dreadful unheated swimming pool, and which pony Porschia would like to ride at the gymkhana this year.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Do you really think any manager on the eve of a cup final is going to take any questions regarding the personal lives of one of their players?

Bold Seagull, I absolutely agree, Football Managers or indeed anyone else holding a press conference normally would have a list of exactly the questions which reporters or others wished to ask. Clearly, if any question was not focused upon the subject (ie the Champions League final in this case) and was potentially, as here, likely to disrupt the team preparation and morale, then I would have banned it too.

I don't know for sure but I could narrow it down to say three tabloids.

SAF has not been the best Football Manager for eons without reason.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's not often I agree with bushy, but he's spot on here. Fergie is increasingly behaving like a deranged dictator. I feel sorry for the press on the United beat, it should be the dream gig in their profession, but in reality it's a nightmare. They're all cowed into submission, one brave question and they're banned, and that could well also mean out of a job since they're next to useless to a news organisation on the outside.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not often I agree with bushy, but he's spot on here. Fergie is increasingly behaving like a deranged dictator. I feel sorry for the press on the United beat, it should be the dream gig in their profession, but in reality it's a nightmare. They're all cowed into submission, one brave question and they're banned, and that could well also mean out of a job since they're next to useless to a news organisation on the outside.

While I have defended Fergie to some degree, I love this post with regard to these poor innocent victimised misunderstood reporters just going about there business, that is funny....

phone tap anyone!?!

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
And a Liverpool, Arsenal, Barca & Chelsea one.

Couldn't disagree more.

Firstly, the journalist was asking a perfectly acceptable question about a key squad member who has, through his own stupidity, been in a bit of a pickle recently.

AF picks and chooses questions to answer, and when he does talk, they lack elegancy. Heaven forbid you work for the BBC!

People can't stand winners? Mourinho and Clough are just two that bleed (or bled!) winning and the nation adore(d) them.

Let's face it, Fergie is a totally vile human being, and possesses less charisma then that of cold sick.

I sincerely hope Barca thrash the unsavory Mancs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
heres a question for him why are you and your son both such dickheads

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While I have defended Fergie to some degree, I love this post with regard to these poor innocent victimised misunderstood reporters just going about there business, that is funny....
Who said they were innocent, victimised, or misunderstood? They are, for certain though, trying to go about their business, and are frequently prevented from doing so by Ferguson. This incident is just a window onto stuff that goes on every week. Maybe you're the kind of fan who would like to hear all their news on the soft side from the official TV station, but you're in the minority.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Couldn't disagree more.

Firstly, the journalist was asking a perfectly acceptable question about a key squad member who has, through his own stupidity, been in a bit of a pickle recently.

Totally irrelevant to the press conference when he was expecting to answer questions about the Champions Final and should never have even been asked such a question and the reporter got exactly what he should have..... Nothing from Sir Alex

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Couldn't disagree more.

People can't stand winners? Mourinho and Clough are just two that bleed (or bled!) winning and the nation adore(d) them.

* Really?, I think both these managers would have dealt with the press the same way as SAF does........short thrift to irellevent question

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
worthing seagull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you really think any manager on the eve of a cup final is going to take any questions regarding the personal lives of one of their players?
Bold Seagull,

I absolutely agree, Football Managers or indeed anyone else holding a press conference normally would have a list of exactly the questions which reporters or others wished to ask. Clearly, if any question was not focused upon the subject (ie the Champions League final in this case) and was potentially, as here, likely to disrupt the team preparation and morale, then I would have banned it too.

I don't know for sure but I could narrow it down to say three tabloids.

SAF has not been the best Football Manager for eons without reason.

Originally Posted by Mr Everyone
Couldn't disagree more.

Totally irrelevant to the press conference when he was expecting to answer questions about the Champions Final and should never have even been asked such a question and the reporter got exactly what he should have..... Nothing from Sir Alex

This guy has received special honours in the Football League's own award - doesn't come from nothing !

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Then they get the hump when he wont play their game

Oh FFS, it's a press conference, the game IS answering questions, that's why everyone is there. To listen to some of you he was awoken at Fergie Towers at 4am and held at gunpoint by these villains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here