Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Ferguson, when will the authorities stand up to this tosser?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Problem with that is Messi pulls out to the wing taking O shea withj him leaving a big gap for Xavi/Innesta to cause damage

And let's not forget O'Shea will also be chasing a lot of Messi sized shadows.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They are people who are genuine football fans who dont like Utd but like Sir Alex.

Are you sure? I doubt many of his own family actually like the bloke, he's morphed into a cantankerous old despot. I would argue his shortcomings as a human being are starting to eat into his managerial reputation.

But I agree with you United can win, you can get them at almost 3-1 to win in 90 minutes, which is a mad price.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
QUOTE [Problem with that is Messi pulls out to the wing taking O shea withj him leaving a big gap for Xavi/Innesta to cause damage ] QUOTE adammichael

I dont think that would happen because Vidic and Ferdinand will control the centre and neither of those players can operate without having Messi to release the ball to when under pressure. If he plays Man U problem will be Scholes as he is too physical to play against Barcelona and will not be allowed to tackle anybody.

Fair enough. But I think Barca will simply be too good for United.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is what is great about NSC we can all be experts in every field without it affecting us in any bad way. We may look or sound stupid but who cares we all hide behind a key board.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bold Seagull - the biggest Utd lickspittle on this board.

129152291948405009.jpg

Ha ha, I've never been called a lickspittle before, and there was me thinking all this time that you were just an idiot not capable of original thought. :laugh:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I just think it would be slightly ironic if the press ignored Man Utd completely, particularly in light of what happened near the home of one of their players today, there are plenty of other football teams to concentrate their efforts on...many of them far more interesting and worthy than that team from the north.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
129152291948405009.jpg

Ha ha, I've never been called a lickspittle before, and there was me thinking all this time that you were just an idiot not capable of original thought. :laugh:

Ooh. Someone's got a thin skin. A picture and an insult. You overdid it with the smiley though.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
He's just tried to ban a reporter from fridays press conference for asking the "wrong" type of question, he really does seem to regard himself/man utd as a special case above the guidelines of mere mortals.

Alex Ferguson Manchester United: Manager Wants Reporter Banned For Asking Giggs Question | UK News | Sky News

Along with bullies in the Board, Gill and Wadkins, MU have manipulated English football (FA & PL) over the last 15 years so that belives they are bigger than the Sport.

The hype now tells us they are on their own, with Barca, Arsenal, Real, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool etc all behind.

We are told that X billion Asians support ManU, with little mention of them supporting other clubs.

Not helped by a succession of creeps who don't want to get banned by Fergie, and a biased Sky who keep telling us that they are bigger than Real and Barca for example. Xenophobia.
The hype of 5Live, Talksport, BBC and Sky tells us there can only be one winner this weekend, ManU.

Go back 20 years, and Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal were known as the big 5, with the occasional movement in and out of the likes of Villa.

The icing on the cake in perpetuating this self-fulfilling prophecy, SkySports showing boring Gary Neville's testimonial live.
Shouldn't crap like that stay on ManUTV?

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Great manager, horrible human with major alcohol issues. That's it.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
ahh so you're using Mourinho's wind up tactics/whinging as PROOF that refs always favour Barca?

Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo & Cavahlo get away with assaults (the odd booking) in Primera Liga & CL, but Mourinho's (Wenger-manufactured) glasses fail to see.

Why would ref's from the bulk of Spain favour fiercely independent Catalonia? If anything, wouldn't little old Catalonia have suffered from bias against over the years?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How would I beat Barcelona? Sit John O Shea on Messi and tell him to stick to him like glue and nulify him thus stopping Barcelona.

For some reason this comment came back to me today. I really don't want to turn into a pub bore, and I rarely if ever get involved in discussions about which player is better than another but are you really serious? There will only be one winner between Messi and John O'Shea. Or do you literally mean you would stick John to Lionel with Bostic, as this is the only way he will get the better of him.

I'm going to go for 3-0 to the Catalans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At least it made you think about it. Yes I believe that O'Shea would do a good job as a man marker better than he does normally when he plays as an orthodox defender. Yes you lose him but if he could stick to Messi and stop him Barcelona would miss out most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here