Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alejandro Gomes Rodriquez

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So we are believing Fab now? I do lose track thought he was full of shit according to many.
People will believe what they want to believe. I'll just wait for all the bollocks to blow over and wait for the club to announce the SINGING.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So we are believing Fab now? I do lose track thought he was full of shit according to many.
He certainly has contacts within some clubs and with some agents. He has zero inside info at BHA however.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He certainly has contacts within some clubs and with some agents. He has zero inside info at BHA however.
Unless he has contact with agents of players playing for Brighton.. which certainly isn't impossible.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I read a piece from a pro saying that pro’s use him to generate a move away if they aren’t happy at a club. Also players get upset if he hasn’t tweeted a here we go when they sign for another club.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I have no idea if he will end up at Albion. However, his name has cropped up on NSC before. As I posted on here two months ago, it would seem that his "representatives" have been hawking him around all over the place. There also seems to be a view among scouts that he is something of a flat-track bully:-

Alejandro or the agent the bully?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Do you know what the phrase "flat-track bully" means? I was talking about Alejandro.

Lol, actually I didn't., I thought it was just a bully. 😳

noun:
a sportsperson who dominates inferior opposition, but who cannot beat top-level opponents

aka: dickhead.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've misunderstood the phrase, mate. It's got nothing to do with bullying. It just means great against the bad teams, average against the good teams.
It was a favourite phrase of Lawrenson when he was a sardonic pundit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally, I think it's a nonsense phrase. Most players find it easier to play against the bad teams, obviously.
It’s a cricket derived term, that works much better in that sport than in any other context.

A batsman, who on a good wicket, facing mediocre bowlers repeatedly racks up tons of runs - but who can’t do the same when conditions are less stacked in their favour.

Perennially levelled at Graeme Hick, who’d follow up a record breaking 405 at Taunton, with a pair of failures against the Windies quickies.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Looks like he might be right this time though..............................
https://archive.ph/pAU0h

£150K though? Peanuts by today's PL standards - surely we could gazump that if we wanted to?

Because he's not yet turned 17 and hasn't signed a pro contract then the player is pretty much free to exercise his right to speak with other clubs and if a move does happen then compensation is agreed between the two clubs.

It wouldn't matter if we could better the £150k being offered as Southampton have very little say in the transfer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because he's not yet turned 17 and hasn't signed a pro contract then the player is pretty much free to exercise his right to speak with other clubs and if a move does happen then compensation is agreed between the two clubs.

It wouldn't matter if we could better the £150k being offered as Southampton have very little say in the transfer.
OK, fair enough. Offer him a bit more money then (if we actually want him).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here