Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion win an award at the Football League ceremony

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
A superb achievement and something that must surely help towards getting Falmer :clap2: :falmer:

Are you watching LDC? Your actions haven't stopped this club proving to the world that they are worth more than all of you scumbag NIMBYs. What have you bastards done for the community in living memory?

Well done to all at The Albion-Community Club of The Year:clap: :clap: :clap:

D

Deleted User X18H

WICKES:angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: I hope we told the FL to stick it up their areses

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
hove born&bred said:
WICKES:angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: I hope we told the FL to stick it up their areses

Archer sold up his share of Wickes over two years ago.

D

Deleted User X18H

Thats alright then well done Dick, MP, Steve (I played for Stoke Reserves) Ford and all concerned great achievement.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Djmiles said:
Just watched it on seagulls world....it was a tap in??? ???

Did they get it confused with Howards goal for Barnsley????
i can not see how that was goal of the season !

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very timely, well done to all concerned.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Fan of the Year - sponsored by FIFA '07
Stan McGowen, Bury
COMPLETE JOKE!!! What has this guy done that Pete Canning, Brighton & Hove Albion hasn't?... Total Bollocks.

:angry: :angry: :jester:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
We have SO many superfans I just cant work out why some BINNER from Bury won that award.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Trigger said:
COMPLETE JOKE!!! What has this guy done that Pete Canning, Brighton & Hove Albion hasn't?... Total Bollocks.

:angry: :angry: :jester:

at least that Pompey scum didnt get it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any chance the fan-powers-that-be could knock up a special commemorative 'Community Club Of The year' postcard in time for the next home game?

One last blast in the direction of Ruth Kelly innit :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree. In fact I think all club, Seagulls Party, FFA literature and everything else from now on should have that incorporated somewhere prominent.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
I agree. In fact I think all club, Seagulls Party, FFA literature and everything else from now on should have that incorporated somewhere prominent.

Quite. Needs incorporating into the club stationery, the tickets, the lot.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably deserves it's own thread, but...

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/StadiumDetail/0,,10433~991457,00.html?

Albion today issued a scathing attack on Lewes District Council after they branded the club's work in the community as being 'so small for any meaningful use.'

Lewes also claimed Albion's community work was 'very minor? with only few, and even then limited, benefits accruing to the wider community'.

Lewes made the demeaning comments in their written submissions to Ruth Kelly as part of their objection to the proposed Community Stadium at Falmer.

The comments come in stark contrast to last night's Football League Awards, when the Seagulls were voted Community Club of the Year.

Albion chairman Dick Knight said, "It was no coincidence that eight years ago we named our vision for a new stadium for Brighton & Hove the Community Stadium. We knew then the importance of the Albion in our local community.

"To have received the national award of Football League Community Club of the Year is a fantastic achievement in our present circumstances. It exposes the blinkered and selfish opposition of Lewes District Council for what it is. They are denying the wider community, including the people they supposedly represent, the right to a stadium where we can truly fulfil the potential of this club as a power for good.

"I am proud of Steve Ford and his team, who have put the politicians of Lewes to shame."

Albion chief-executive Martin Perry added, "The award is a tremendous achievement and just shows that, contrary to Lewes District Council's opinion, the club delivers significant benefits to the community.

"This has been recognised by judges from a variety of walks of life, including people from outside football representing the media and international businesses.

"Our work has been acknowledged at a national level and it makes a mockery of Lewes's insulting and baseless comments."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here