Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion v spurs frendly general sale

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They did that for the SSC as well, so there is precedent. We shall see.

I thought the club was going to announce SSC tickets would go on sale at 10am the following morning , putting them on sale late afternoon meant an extra 16 hours on-line sales availability.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would actually help if you could log in during the early hours. Whenever I have tried to log in between 0000 and 0600 it has always been down, even if not much going on - spread the load!
If there are tickets for sale, they should keep the site up, but I guess there was no point last night as the tickets for the Gills game didn't go on sale until this morning.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Putting them on sale this evening partially solves the problem of the system going into meltdown during business hours.

where as going into meltdown in the evenig makes far more sence....

it would help if the club made a clear statement on when the Spurs tickets go on general sale. im sure it was originally stated as 9am today, i've heard 10am now this evening or tomorrow is suggested.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it would help if the club made a clear statement on when the Spurs tickets go on general sale
This! Surely someone can find out for certain, exactly when they go on sale.

where as going into meltdown in the evenig makes far more sence....

it would help if the club made a clear statement on when the Spurs tickets go on general sale. im sure it was originally stated as 9am today, i've heard 10am now this evening or tomorrow is suggested.

There would be no point annoucing it soon as the system is already at capacity. I reckon they will go on sale at some point today, then at some point tomorrow it will be annoucend on Seagulls that they are on general sale.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Website now suggests Spurs game is sold out.

the website has been "suggesting" this since they went on sale to season ticket holders only, so its rather meaningless.

the website has been "suggesting" this since they went on sale to season ticket holders only, so its rather meaningless.

As a STH, I can still buy them via 'My reserved seats' so this means they have not been released yet.

At some point in the next few hours, all those STH's who did not buy their seat will have that seat offered for general sale. At this point the game will not be sold out

EDIT: So I can guarantee at the point of a general sale, there will be all of our group - 4 tickets in the family stand available!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My colleague has just walked up to the Queen's Road shop. He was told that Spurs tickets would only be on sale for general punters from tomorrow.

He didn't ask whether that meant there were tickets still left.

Could be a situation then where they go on sale online tonight and then anything left will be available over the phone/in the shop tomorrow, as with the SSC.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My colleague has just walked up to the Queen's Road shop. He was told that Spurs tickets would only be on sale for general punters from tomorrow.

A general sale with no ticket availability is beyond the Albion we know and love.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We know there will be tickets left - as kingcole just pointed out, their group of 4 will be available.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We know there will be tickets left - as kingcole just pointed out, their group of 4 will be available.

except that there's a maximum attendance of 17,000 for this game, therefore there will be 5,500 seats still free after the game has sold out

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody hell they really need to sort out that "sold out" tag!

I ran into a mate last night who tried to buy tickets online for SSC and saw the sold out sign so didn't bother!

I'm told there is ahuge availability for the Spurs game and yet people are seeing a sold out sign on the website!

All they need to do is change this to "not on sale yet" or "not yet available". How difficult is that for goodness sakes!

I ran into a mate last night who tried to buy tickets online for SSC and saw the sold out sign so didn't bother!

I'm told there is ahuge availability for the Spurs game and yet people are seeing a sold out sign on the website!

All they need to do is change this to "not on sale yet" or "not yet available". How difficult is that for goodness sakes!

100% Agree with this. It's sooooo miss leading!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
except that there's a maximum attendance of 17,000 for this game, therefore there will be 5,500 seats still free after the game has sold out
Using facts to pick holes in my statement is just mean

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Indeed - this was pointed out to Bozza in his thread of comments for the club. It's a joke, it could be done in a couple of hours by their web team. So we could have had more people turn up for the first ever game at the Amex - great.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's not really about the opposition on that day though is it? The Spurs game is the official opening of The Amex and I and most other Albion fans will want to be part of that day.

Bollox to that Bwian. As far as I'm concerned the Amex opened last saturday when the first ever goal at the stadium was scored by Gary Hart. Gus Poyet, Tony Bloom, Dick Knight, Martin Perry et al were all in attendance, the seats were christened, the padding being flattened and farted on by 7,000 arses of varying sizes, beer, hot chocolate and ketchup was spilt on the concrete floor at half time and a good few pints of urine hit the ceramic urinals in the gents and the first chocolate log was flushed in the traps.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here