Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion transfer RUMOUR...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
They were in the conference last year, and struggled at the bottom of league two this season. I just fail to believe they've got TWO players we'd want.

You can't assume players are crap because they come from a struggling League 2 side. Plymouth have just signed Puncheon from Barnet who were lower mid table in League 2, so I assume that you would think that is a crap signing for a top half Championship side.

Have not read much about Southam but a quick look at Griffiths suggests Reading and Ipswich are interested so I think most fans would take their view over yours.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
For sure they'll look like world-beaters in friendlies against Worthing or Lewes. In fact Worthing players will look like world-beaters against Lewes, given the current stinks-to-high-heaven set-up at The Dripping Pan. In the past we'd have signed non-League players up on the basis of their performance against non-League teams. Maybe time for the club to start acting a bit more grown-up about these things and see how triallists do against decent League opposition?

Dagenham are a league club.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Seeing as how Gary Hart came from Stansted and Kuipers and Zamora were mouldering in Bristol Rovers reserves I don't think we should be too sniffy about Dagenham

What he said PLUS Revell wasn't a disaster either. I'd rather see us take chances with non-league players with small transfer fees than waste money on players from "bigger" clubs. Both risks regardless but hopefully our scouting is up to scratch so it matters not where they come from.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can't assume players are crap because they come from a struggling League 2 side. Plymouth have just signed Puncheon from Barnet who were lower mid table in League 2, so I assume that you would think that is a crap signing for a top half Championship side.

Have not read much about Southam but a quick look at Griffiths suggests Reading and Ipswich are interested so I think most fans would take their view over yours.

It is the complete badger you're talking about, he'd probably argue the colour of orange juice with you.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes... SO WHY HASNT IT HAPPENED YET!?! :censored::censored:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I really hope we sign Richards, but I would have thought we would have made a move for him by now, if we were.

Southam - 6 assists and 2 goals last season. Started off at Fulham and Spurs before slipping into non-league, but played an integral part in Dagenham gaining promotion to the Football League.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
From watching Daggers a lot over the past year or so, then Griffiths is definitely a player that we should be looking at. Still needs some work, but hes got so much potential and could really blossom at a club like Albion.

Southam on the other hand is not really a player that a club who are pushing for the play-offs in League One need to be bothering with. He's good on the ball and can pick a pass, but didnt stand out last season and wed be better off looking elsewhere.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
From watching Daggers a lot over the past year or so, then Griffiths is definitely a player that we should be looking at. Still needs some work, but hes got so much potential and could really blossom at a club like Albion.

Southam on the other hand is not really a player that a club who are pushing for the play-offs in League One need to be bothering with. He's good on the ball and can pick a pass, but didnt stand out last season and wed be better off looking elsewhere.

Any rumours from essex?

and you saw pretty much every daggers game last season didn't you, so a pretty reliable source!

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
No rumours down here, Griffiths was linked to Ipswich and Reading, but no official bids came in. Under contract too I think so will cost over £50k, but one for the future.

Read that Southam was interesting Cov as well, but as yet, there seems to be nothing concrete there.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Seeing as how Gary Hart came from Stansted and Kuipers and Zamora were mouldering in Bristol Rovers reserves I don't think we should be too sniffy about Dagenham

For every Hart, Kuipers and Zamora, there is a Loft, Elder and Pitcher!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
John Arne Riise gone to AS Roma - could have done a job at left back!

:jester:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Stuart Fleetwood has gone to Charlton, might get a chance to see him at the testamonial for OGH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here