Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion transfer RUMOUR...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Replace Hammond for Cox, what planet are you on. Cox created a lot of goals for us last year and hopefully, with him on the right and McLeod on the left they will produce even more ammo for Forster and Murray. In an earlier post, you implied that a goal scorer was a top priority. Can you name one that will come and sit on the bench for us as I can't recall seeing many that would dislodge Murray and Forster.

Priority for us is a left back and then we can try and get cover in other positions but don't expect quality players to come here just to sit on the bench.

Putting Cox down the middle will only work IF we sign another winger. Cox seems to be the only player in the squad with any sort of creativity. If we get another winger and Cox in the middle (not in the diamond thing) then we will have creative outlets on the left (McLeod), right (new winger) and centre (Cox)

I think Cox and Thompson in the middle may just work, as we have one holding and one going forward

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Putting Cox down the middle will only work IF we sign another winger. Cox seems to be the only player in the squad with any sort of creativity. If we get another winger and Cox in the middle (not in the diamond thing) then we will have creative outlets on the left (McLeod), right (new winger) and centre (Cox)

I think Cox and Thompson in the middle may just work, as we have one holding and one going forward

But then if you are going to play wingers, pressume the creativity is with them, so in the middle you want Thomson and a box to box, Hammondesq midfielder. Not sure you need or there is anymore, the creative central midfielder. More than anything I do think the game has changed.

Also Cox and Thomson in the middle would be a tad short.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
But then if you are going to play wingers, pressume the creativity is with them, so in the middle you want Thomson and a box to box, Hammondesq midfielder. Not sure you need or there is anymore, the creative central midfielder. More than anything I do think the game has changed.

Also Cox and Thomson in the middle would be a tad short.

Agreed about Cox and thomson being on the small side, but neither seem to be afraid to put the boot in when needs be. I reckon we could get a box to box player out of Cox, especially if he can get the ball from Elphick and Lynch to prevent 60 yard cross field punts out of the back

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd have Murrell, Showumni, Byfield, Kyle and Adebola over Ibehre. And they're all available on free's.

Seriously?

I doubt we'd be able to afford his wages, but Dele Adebola would OWN this division.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Seriously?

I doubt we'd be able to afford his wages, but Dele Adebola would OWN this division.

Last I heard he was but I would imagine he'll fancy a crack at the Prem. The other 4 players mentioned are worth looking at that though

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
A RUMOUR I HAVE heard is that we are looking into sign Lillian Nallis on a free along with Lee hodges (left back) who are both at Plymouth but have not been offered new deals.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
A RUMOUR I HAVE heard is that we are looking into sign Lillian Nallis on a free along with Lee hodges (left back) who are both at Plymouth but have not been offered new deals.
Hodges has signed for torquay,he lives just round the corner from me in saltash and made it obvious from the start he was looking to stay in the area so wouldnt have thought we'd have wasted our time on that one
as for nallis he was in the local paper talking about retiring over the weekend due to the lack of interest in him

NALIS MAY BE FORCED TO QUIT

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Not being funny but we need players from the championship n Higher league1 oppisition not players from league 2 or blue square premier .
1 Left Back n 1 Centre mid n 1 Striker would do

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Last I heard he was but I would imagine he'll fancy a crack at the Prem. The other 4 players mentioned are worth looking at that though
No Premiership team is going to sign Dele Adebola. :thud: Anyway he only signed for Bristol City in January, for money, why would he be free? Jabo Ibehre would not exactly be a signing to get massively excited about, but he's a far more realistic third choice (or rather not guaranteed to start) target than people like Showumni or Byfield.
Besides, people were hardly enthused by the signing of Savage but that worked out ok.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Not being funny but we need players from the championship n Higher league1 oppisition not players from league 2 or blue square premier .
1 Left Back n 1 Centre mid n 1 Striker would do
What a load of old crap it don't matter where they come from as long as they are good enough

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are Bristol City really releasing Showumni, Byfield AND Adebola? Have strikers gone out of fashion down there or something?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Quite; didn't we sign some bit of fuzzy haired rubbish from Long Eaton once - Ward I think? Then there was that bloke from Bristol Rovers reserves who plays for West Ham now.

Burton Albion actually. Gary Birtles came from Long Eaton and was later part of the transfer deal when that idiot Mullery let Ward go.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
no way i think adebola would leave, if so wouldnt drop a division, i think byfield would be the best signing, as he gets more goals whilst being physical aswell, showunmi wouldnt be bad back up, but from what iv seen jabo looks shit.
shame about wotton going to saints, he would have been v.good signing

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I wouldn't dismiss non-league players out of hand as there are a few who would be welcomed with open arms, Michael McIndoe, Michael Kightely, Aaron McClean to name a few but Micky is obviously is looking to pick up players on free transfers from clubs he has managed before. I would like to see Richards, Westlake and Racon back at the club and maybe see if Dixon can respond to Micky and most of all I would like to see Gatting take the next step up although I don't think that he may have the mentality????? Would be happy with Kuffour or Gillespie and Josh Gower maybe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here