Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Supporters Club (HORSHAM) ....Disgrace?

What do you think of this infidelity?

• He should stand down as Chairman

Votes: 72 69.2%
  • Good for him

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Dont care either way

Votes: 26 25.0%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone else see the story in the Argus on Monday? Apparently the chairman of the Horsham BHAFC Supporters is going to drive past Stoke on Saturday to go and watch Crawley at Old Trafford, as 'it is a once in a lifetime opportunity'.

Personally I think the chap should think again......discuss......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wrong for so many reasons :shrug:

And then you go on to mention, errrr none of them. Great input. No-one moaning so far has a clue to his input to this supporters club, just label him. All rather pretentious. Where did it say you were officially owned when supporting Brighton?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
People need to wake up to the fact that Crawley's current success can, and is, affecting our fan base.

Imagine a chap in Haywards Hearh who has no interest in football, but his two young sons do. They pester and pester him that they want to watch a league game next season. He does his research and discovers that going to the Amex will cost £60 for the three of them, whereas it will only cost £35 to go to Broadfield. (These figures are guesstimates!) That could easily be two future fans lost to the Albion.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yes he's got the freedom to go where'er he wants to, but going to watch Creepy up the road (x2) rather than The Albion? I think he should piss-off & support them, quite frankly.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
People need to wake up to the fact that Crawley's current success can, and is, affecting our fan base.

Imagine a chap in Haywards Hearh who has no interest in football, but his two young sons do. They pester and pester him that they want to watch a league game next season. He does his research and discovers that going to the Amex will cost £60 for the three of them, whereas it will only cost £35 to go to Broadfield. (These figures are guesstimates!) That could easily be two future fans lost to the Albion.

I can sort of see where you are coming from BUT what do you expect the Albion to do? Lower ticket prices because Crawley are getting the supporters in? If people want to watch quality football at a new ground next season they will pay whatever the amount is.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
And then you go on to mention, errrr none of them. Great input. No-one moaning so far has a clue to his input to this supporters club, just label him. All rather pretentious. Where did it say you were officially owned when supporting Brighton?

I hope I'm not being pretentious but this is rather like, say, the chairman of Lewes Road Labour Party announcing that he was planning to vote Lib Dem at the next election. Great. Nothing illegal. But in your position you shouldn't tell the world that you'd prefer to vote Lib Dem rather than Labour. Or watch Crawley rather than the Albion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I suspect there are quite a few Albion fans from outside of Brighton & Hove that have an affinity with a local club.

Fair play to him if that is what he wants to do. I daresay we would be struggling for numbers if we relied solely on fans born and bred in Brighton and/or those that live here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He should resign immediately in order to set up the Crawley Town Supporters Club (Horsham branch)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't understand this fear of losing fans to Crawley. Let's face it they are a pretty cosmopolitan fanbase with many supporting South London clubs anyway. What does it matter to the Albion? If we lost a 5% fanbase to Crawley but gained 15% on the coast due to facilities, success and football league history, would it really matter? Stop worrying about north Sussex and concentrate on south Sussex first. Big towns to nurture new support from Hastings, Eastbourne, Brighton and Hove, Worthing, to name but four. Chill out guys!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sadly, for the four or five hundred loyal Crawley fans, this will all end in tears. Nobody really knows where the money is coming from and nobody seems to care!

On top of the world at the moment and just creamed in a couple of million but I'm sure it'll be a different story with Tuesday night home games against Burton and Accrington scrapping it out mid table in league 2. Don't forget they took a whopping 100 fans to Wrexham on Tuesday.

Losing fans to Crawley may be an issue in the next 6 months to a year, but long term it's all pretty irrelevant.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Crawley go up and Palace are relegated its more likely Palace will lose a greater number of fans than us who live in North Sussex and the Surrey borders.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I suspect there are quite a few Albion fans from outside of Brighton & Hove that have an affinity with a local club.

Fair play to him if that is what he wants to do. I daresay we would be struggling for numbers if we relied solely on fans born and bred in Brighton and/or those that live here.

You do suprise me

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
As chairman,it sounds like a bloody stupid thing to say. If he genuinely believes that Crawley playing at Old Trafford is that important to him,he should either keep his views to himself or accept he's the wrong man
for the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here