Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Signings - The biggest let downs.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
This is what Ferret said about Turienzo:

I think the way to read that sentence is ... "we know he IS good, we just don't know HOW good" .... i.e. he could be an average Championship striker; a top class Championship striker, or a potential Premiership striker.

I was let down.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Colin Kazim-Richards, and Craig Davies. Both came with a reputation as an unpolished gem that would be the next Zamora, and, well..

But particularly CKR, because of the whole coca-cola kid thing, and that goal he scored at Reading, and so on
Definitely CKR, because he clearly had talent but a not great attitude and a manager trying to use him as a target man made him an almost total failure for us, despite a few brilliant goals that showed what he was capable of doing. Don't think he ever had a genuinely good game for us.

Bexhillian

Jan 18, 2011
Maheta Molango (spelling?) after 10 seconds at Reading he appeared to be awesome & then the game kicked off again. . .

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ive seen plenty thanks, Wood was rubbish. Im sure most would agree. Not saying he is the worst ever. But i certainly would'nt want him back

Most would agree? I'm not so sure about that.

And, considering his age of NINETEEN (19), I think he did a terrific job for us, personally.

Stumpy Tim

Farrington for me. He was meant to be Micky Small's replacement, and Micky was my first genuine Albion hero. In his first interview he said "I am not the same type of player as Micky Small", which was a worry because what we needed was a new Micky Small. I went to a reserve game to see Farrington's first match (he was injured at the beginning) & he was completely outshone by Raphael Meade... who we signed too.

Turned out Meade was the better player, and he was RUBBISH. The words to describe how feeble Farrington was escape me

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Most would agree? I'm not so sure about that.

And, considering his age of NINETEEN (19), I think he did a terrific job for us, personally.

Funnily enough that is also Terry's IQ. Woods came from WBA's reserves, not quite sure what he realistically was expected to deliver. He was reasonable, not a total letdown, but one of the weaker members of the squad last year.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Alan Duffy. promised so much, but in the end, delivered so little.

Another from the past, was Barry Bridges.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Alan Duffy. promised so much, but in the end, delivered so little.

Another from the past, was Barry Bridges.

Thought you would add Ken Brown to that list cjd, especially with this spiv shoes.......

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Alex Frutos. I remember seeing him play early on in his time with us and thinking looked immense. But he just seemed to fade away.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Ive seen plenty thanks, Wood was rubbish. Im sure most would agree. Not saying he is the worst ever. But i certainly would'nt want him back

You are a f***ing moron. Wood scored 10 goals (ish) last season and just for having a bad 4-5 games at the end he's suddenly awful? What about all the wank loanees under Adams? Thornton, Bangura and Birchall are all much more worthy of a mention rather than Chris Wood, who was actually pretty good for us most the time.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
You are a f***ing moron. Wood scored 10 goals (ish) last season and just for having a bad 4-5 games at the end he's suddenly awful? What about all the wank loanees under Adams? Thornton, Bangura and Birchall are all much more worthy of a mention rather than Chris Wood, who was actually pretty good for us most the time.

Birchall was shit, Bangura's first game at Orient was hilarious he drop kicked the Orient player in the chest and got away with only a booking.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thought you would add Ken Brown to that list cjd, especially with this spiv shoes.......

No...knew he would be a let down before he even joined. He hasn't disappointed me....lol...!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Funnily enough that is also Terry's IQ. Woods came from WBA's reserves, not quite sure what he realistically was expected to deliver. He was reasonable, not a total letdown, but one of the weaker members of the squad last year.

I think at times he was very good and didn't look to be one of the weaker players at all, and at other times not so good. So he was inconsistent, but then that is to be expected of someone of his age, I suppose.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think at times he was very good and didn't look to be one of the weaker players at all, and at other times not so good. So he was inconsistent, but then that is to be expected of someone of his age, I suppose.

With Murray being immense last season he was always going to look relatively less accomplished. He is very young, and good luck to the lad.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
arismendi

virtually everybody on here was CREAMING themselves at his signing, and then he turned out to be total pony

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Jason Peake and Mark Farrington for me. We were utterly skint when we signed Peake and he cost a few bob, so was hoping the cash would pay dividends - it didn't. Never looked interested and rarely had an impact on the game. Farrington? Well, Lloyd said he was a more complete centre forward then Mike Small - turned out he was complete something.

As for Wood, he did more than ok to begin with, but when he returned from international duty he seemed a different player. And not in a good way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here