Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Signings - The biggest let downs.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You are a f***ing moron. Wood scored 10 goals (ish) last season and just for having a bad 4-5 games at the end he's suddenly awful? What about all the wank loanees under Adams? Thornton, Bangura and Birchall are all much more worthy of a mention rather than Chris Wood, who was actually pretty good for us most the time.
Thornton was good.

Coleman88

May 30, 2008
Blackpool
Liam Dickinson. Promised, but delivered very little apart from a cracking goal in the 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield, the less said about that the better though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Northampton Town.
not sure I see your point, I said he was good, not he now plays for a club other than Northampton?
He has lifestyle and attitude problems, but he also has a lot of talent and showed that in the few games he played for us.

:shrug:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
not sure I see your point, I said he was good, not he now plays for a club other than Northampton?
He has lifestyle and attitude problems, but he also has a lot of talent and showed that in the few games he played for us.

:shrug:

I'm not even sure what my point was to be honest. He wasn't a bad player, just lacked fitness in the second half. But back to my original point, Chris Wood was a class above signings like Thornton.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not really. One was a half decent player in an awful team. One was a half decent player in a brilliant team.
Mentioning either of them as a big disappointment is stupid.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Not really. One was a half decent player in an awful team. One was a half decent player in a brilliant team.
Mentioning either of them as a big disappointment is stupid.

So you'd rather have Thornton in our team than Chris Wood?

I agree that neither of them were disappintments, Wood was much better than our average loan signings and Thornton was average.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I remember back in the 90s when Brian Horton was manager he got some chap in on a free and sold him about 10 days later for £150,000 (not sure who too) and he never even kicked a ball for us. GOOD BUSINESS !!
Probably got times wrong etc etc but no need for the Albion anorak brigade to start !!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I remember back in the 90s when Brian Horton was manager he got some chap in on a free and sold him about 10 days later for £150,000 (not sure who too) and he never even kicked a ball for us. GOOD BUSINESS !!
Probably got times wrong etc etc but no need for the Albion anorak brigade to start !!!

Recall that too, he was sold to Hearts from what I recall, cannot remember the name though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Andy Ritchie was a let down, purely my opinion, not the worst by a long way but having to follow Peter Ward was nigh on impossible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Terry Connor for me, we got the thin end of the deal swapping Andy Ritchie
Harsh. Connor went on to play for England U21 (and scored on his debut). Personally I loved his workrate and he scored some great goals for us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was gash, couldn't hit a certain female supporters arse with a shot from 6 yards
You have GOT to be joking, surely?

He wasn't as good as Saunders, but was reasonable enough. We were the equivalent of a top 6 championship side with him leading the line for two years.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So you'd rather have Thornton in our team than Chris Wood?

I agree that neither of them were disappintments, Wood was much better than our average loan signings and Thornton was average.
Well that's not really the question, I wouldn't be particularly keen on having either of them in our team next season. But I thought Thornton was one of the few bright spots of that terrible Adams team when he was briefly in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here