Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Release Six Players

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I would of to Arts well worth having on the bench for experience.....sad to see him go.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Oddly, I'm a little surprised by the Argentinians. I thought they'd get another 4 months to see how they develop over the summer, especially as we took them from Argentina all the way to here for just onne season.

However, they were actually not very good.

As for Kish, I am genuinely completely shocked! I could have sworn he would get a new deal after his contribution this season.

Hart, Sandaza, Holroyd... Not too surprised there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No big surprises there, Holroyd should get fixed up pretty quickly though. Kish can retire home to be with his family and the other at least have something decent on their CVs.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A good call on Kishishev, I reckon. While his worth was obviously in other areas of his game, he would have been way too slow for the Championship.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
A good call on Kishishev, I reckon. While his worth was obviously in other areas of his game, he would have been way too slow for the Championship.

I agree and not surprised the others have been released either, Would imagine Navarro will want to get himself sorted out with a contract elsewhere in the summer if he can rather than take a chance on a contract here and I'll be surprised if Poke wants to stay just to be third choice again as well.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Yeah, plus I think he said somewhere that he wanted to retire at the end of this season anyway. Good luck to all :clap:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Two surprises. Kish leaving (would have given him a year, he is quality) and Poke maybe offered a contract. Would he want another season as third choice?

A couple of years ago, Navs would have been given a contract (possibly out of some sympathy). This shows how tough Gus is. I don't think it is ability with Navarro, it is fitness and is probably a good call. Personally, i'd like to see him back here.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Kish was never quite the same when he came back after that long break.He was superb for the first few months of the season.I think Poyet has got all this just about spot on.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry but why the f*** are we offering Poke another contract ?

With Brezovan and Ankergren both ahead of him and Mitch Walker coming through, do we really need to be wasting our wages on somebody who isn't going to play?

I'd have liked to see more of Baz but it's a shame and I hope carrys on playing English football.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Kish has been great for us but hasn't started for months now so think it's the right call. I'd like to see us replace him with an experienced player. Agree with Butterball about Navarro but you have to say Bridcutt is better. Poke and Smith are the surprises for me as surely they won't get anywhere near the Championship first team squad but other than that you have to say these are the right decisions. Also shows our ambition to strengthen.

With the Murray contract situation up in the air, Barnes remains our one first team squad striker so forwards are a real priority now.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Does Tunnicliffe still have another year ?, if so then I'd expect him to be on the way out aswell. A good clear out of those who really aren't going to make it in the Championship, but does show are are going to need an additional 6 or 7 players to have a squad to cope with a season. Can't wait for this summer.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Two surprises. Kish leaving (would have given him a year, he is quality) and Poke maybe offered a contract. Would he want another season as third choice?

A couple of years ago, Navs would have been given a contract (possibly out of some sympathy). This shows how tough Gus is. I don't think it is ability with Navarro, it is fitness and is probably a good call. Personally, i'd like to see him back here.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here