Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion in top 10 of football Clubs in whole coutry in season tickets sales

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think alot of people are overlooking a big point here and that is the culture of ticket buying at each club. At alot of the other clubs mentioned there would never have been the culture of needing a season ticket, and you can trace this back all the way to the days of POTG. For example at the sheffield clubs you just don't need to get a ST and never will, you just rock up on the day.

This is also the best thing about our 12 month DD scheme and the very reasonable prices. People are now just buying season tickets rather than making the effort of getting single tickets every match, if that continues for the next few years and people just let their tickets renew without thinking, then things are looking very rosey indeed. :clap2:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
And to think a couple of years ago we had "experts" on here predicting that we'd be lucky to get 15,000 gates apart from the odd big games and 22,500 stadium was far too big! How wrong can you be!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd like to see the club build on this momentum by making a couple of notable signings...

It would help sell the remaining tickets and more importantly start to build awareness within football of our new situation, we have the infrastructure and ticket sales of a mid table Prem team, now we need to build the side to put in it...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And to think a couple of years ago we had "experts" on here predicting that we'd be lucky to get 15,000 gates apart from the odd big games and 22,500 stadium was far too big! How wrong can you be!
Build it right and they will come.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
this list is nonsense as so many other clubs have a decent pay on the day system.....thread closed.
Whilst this is true, there is always a motivation for clubs to encourage season ticket sales, and for punters to buy them - whatever size the ground. From the club's point of view, they want guaranteed funds paid up front. From the fan's point of view, they want preferential treatment when it comes to tickets for big games (cup finals and play off finals).

Of course, you are right to suggest our season ticket sales would be far lower if we had 37,000+ seats to fill, like all the teams above us on the list.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
this list is nonsense as so many other clubs have a decent pay on the day system.....thread closed.

What does decent pay on the day system mean, only that they don't fill the ground every week? ST sales are as good a "supply and demand" stat as you'll find ... if the stadium has a capacity greater than the normal demand it's ST sales will be lower. I think it's an impressive number, not necessarily to compare to others but simply that we have 22,000+ supporters that regularly want to attend. Long may it last!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Albion have a fantastic business model with the Direct Debit plan. It works great for renewals and the club benefits from having reliable cash flow throughout the year. The Groupon Gang really did get it badly wrong when they were predicting sales would drop. They must be sick that ST Sales have actually increased, despite us not even making the playoffs.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think it's an impressive number, not necessarily to compare to others but simply that we have 22,000+ supporters that regularly want to attend. Long may it last!

That's the most important aspect of the ST sales for me. BHAFC has everything in place to move up to the next level-and stay there longer than 4 years.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

They have a decent pay on the day system as they are not at risk of selling out - if every match sold out at, for example, Elland Road, the decent pay on the day system wouldn't exist as supporters would by match tickets or season tickets up front to guarantee entry.

You can't use the fact that we sell out every home game as a reason to imply we're not as well supported :jester:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So based on last years average beign 20k and with an additional 4k then we should beaveraging 23/24k

Anyone know the exact amount away fans are getting now ? Is 10% 2,800 a "legal" allocation ?

Only slight negative for me is that if we are not doing well then can see the south behind the goal having plenty of empty seats. Still prefer that to a noisy away end behind the goal though.

That said, whos to say the south wont sell out every game anyway, i was one of those expecting 15k tops so not really got a track record to start predicting our attendances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here