Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion in top 10 of football Clubs in whole coutry in season tickets sales

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
yep Norwich have superb support but not 25,000 season ticket holders when in league one, they averaged 24,671 so would have probably have been 21-22k

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don't 'need' a season ticket. if you can just rock up when you feel like it.

When was the last in Leeds, Villa, West Ham, even Everton sold out?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Villa only limped to 20,000 last season and not expecting to increase this season
Pretty sure I heard a Villa fan mention on TalkSport the other day they only had 16k last season.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
This just confirms how right all those referendum results were, and how the whole of Brighton and Hove is buying into the Amex 'project' ( forgive me but it's more than just about the Club or the Stadium, it's about the Community ).

Sorry for sounding statesmenlike, but I used this exact same arguement in my letters to Bodfish, Local Plan officers, and Deputy Prime Ministers, and even my Local MP in Newbury at the time ( not that he gave a stuff because he was a Lib-Dem and had probably been nobbled by Baker ).

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
*sigh* No they didn't. Their ground only hold 26,500. They did have a very high number though, but it was about 21-22,000 STHs in that season.

Don't forget to subtract two for the muppets that tore up their tickets after the home drubbing!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
SO...Chris Cattlin once saying that "Brighton and Hove Albion could be one of the 'big nine'" (biggest clubs in the country) wasn't far off the mark then.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
No Link, just contacted each club to find their season tickets sales and or projected sales for the year still a few to confirm and get but no one that is going to be more than us. once have full list i will post on NSC

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The difference between us and Leeds Sheffield clubs is that they have bigger stadiums where you don't need a season ticket to watch. We are still a bit restricted hence the high season ticket numbers. Incredible though.

Leeds use to have over 32,000 season ticket holders. What happened to them?

Sheffield has always been a city of lower than average income holders. Maybe why they don't sell as many season tickets. Plus their away end is very big, so percentage wise, they probably will have more away fans in Hillsborough than any other club in the division.

Spoonie, I'd like to know where you found the list as I'm interested to see where other clubs are.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Sheffield has always been a city of lower than average income holders. Maybe why they don't sell as many season tickets. Plus their away end is very big, so percentage wise, they probably will have more away fans in Hillsborough than any other club in the division.

Spoonie, I'd like to know where you found the list as I'm interested to see where other clubs are.

Have you been hiding under a rock in recent years, Captain Birdseye has not helped them as I remember one year I had a season ticket for Sunderland in the Premier league and my friends were paying double to watch Leeds in League 1

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Excellent stuff

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Sheffield Wednesday and United averaged around 20k and 17k respectively last season. A large number of tickets are sold to students on a week by week basis (both Hallam and Uni of), as they are made available for around £6 with a student card. They also do LOADS of deals for family tickets and discount prices at both, because of the amount of spare seats they have to sell. Last time in the Championship they averaged around 22k, with the biggest away end in the league, so probably only around 15/16k STHs.

Leeds are still protesting about Bates, and attendances are low 20k's now.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
No Link, just contacted each club to find their season tickets sales and or projected sales for the year still a few to confirm and get but no one that is going to be more than us. once have full list i will post on NSC

Blimey

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Impressed :thumbsup:

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Unless the OP post the link to where he got this info its obvs Bull:shit: and he has just guessed the amounts.

Its not BS. I started doing some club by club digging last week starting in the Prem, and have to say that the OP is probably about right with all this. Its difficult to get official stats direct from the club but based on last years sales its about right. And yes Leeds definately didnt get anywhere near 20,000 last season, and frankly I don't see how they are any more attractive this coming season. Chelsea only had 23,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here