Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion HAVE bid for Currie

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I just think it is not always right to accept the club's actions and pronouncements without question as the so-called 'uberfans' on here seem to do very consistently...

If nobody had stood up to Archer et al (and I'm not comparing the current regime at our beloved club in ANY way to that one), then where would we be? Out of existence, methinks...

DK and co DO make mistakes, the latest for me being the rather ignorant pronouncement by DK (especially, since he is a marketing man) that not a penny of the CKR bonus would go towards the playing side... as soon as something like that is said, the uberfans seem to fight a rearguard action defending the club, whilst the majority of fans (rightly in my view) raise questions on the clubs latest gaff...

A bit of harmless sarcasm in that context seems fair enough to me...

Then we agree.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly. Throw in the "it was mainly youngsters" comment, and you have a good example of someone in 'the circle' showing a complete arrogance towards other supporters. To think that every person who booed Cullip or Currie is younger than 20, or that every person who did is somehow a bad fan is just ridiculous. I suspect that, just maybe, Darren Currie is more interested in his wages, teammates, and the manager he will be playing for rather than a few boos two years ago.

I'm no uberfan, and I'm certainly not arrogant in my views of other supporters, but I agree that booing a player like Currie for the sole fact that he once played for us, then left making the club a tidy fast profit, is nonsense.

Childish nonsense, at that.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I'm no uberfan, and I'm certainly not arrogant in my views of other supporters, but I agree that booing a player like Currie for the sole fact that he once played for us, then left making the club a tidy fast profit, is nonsense.

Childish nonsense, at that.

Nonsense or not, it is something that has happened within football for years and will continue.

Seems at times people on here struggle with the fact things do happen and not happen at all clubs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nonsense or not, it is something that has happened within football for years and will continue.

Seems at times people on here struggle with the fact things do happen and not happen at all clubs.

f***ing nonsense.

I know for a fact that at no other clubs do fans EVER critisise the management or abuse their own players. No-where else have fans EVER moaned that their board should spend more money, either. FACT.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The best one of all is the idea amongst the elite, super, perfect fans that only here do fans boo their own players. If anything, I think Albion crowds are actually fairly reasonable in their criticism at matches. At a lot of clubs, the final whistle on a home defeat is met with unanimous jeers and boos. At Withdean, bearing in mind we've sampled home defeat enough, for most of the season the reaction was mixed including some applause, and even at the end of the year when things were bad I wouldn't describe the boos as too horrific. In my opinion, our lot get off lightly.

I totally agree, some teams even boo when they win !

And im sick of these SUPER FANS from the INNER CIRCLE aswell, the ones who think they know more than everyone else, especially the ones that really get involved in the Falmer battle, theres a point where you should just leave it. Starting a seagulls party was the most stupid idea ever, if anything im glad it failed.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Absolutely. I totally agree with you, and whilst I am not shy to boo at football, Currie was never a case where I was even slightly tempted to. I fail to see why anyone did. My objection wasn't to the fact that booing him was wrong, but to the presumption that anyone who did has altered his decision to sign for us, and also that they must have been young!

I agree, I don't think the boo's would have made any difference to his decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here