Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion goals that stick in the mind

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sometime during the last Ice Age,Gerry Ryan & Terry Connor making Liverpool look average in the FA Cup.Watched it on video later on & wished Ron Atkinson had been stadium announcer-he was totally gob-smacked :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dave Turner,against Chelsea F A cup fourth round 1967, 1-1.

For breath-taking exhilaration, that was a beauty.....!

Another was Alan Duffys strike against ? Bradford City and not least, Gary Stevens late, late, equalizer against Man Utd in the Cup Final.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Amazed no-one has mentioned (unless I've missed it, apologies if so) this one:

[yt]_UQtHi5beGg[/yt]

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Leon Knight, Rushden and Diamonds away sept 2003, ran from near half way line if remember rightly.:goal:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
It was a shot from the centre of the pitch about 30 yards out. No way was it a mishit cross.

Another Munday goal that sticks in the mind is his overhead kick at Birmingham.

Correct, it wasn't a mishit cross at all, I was there and couldnt believe he scored from that far out, and it was fairly central ... Nogan got the second and never scored again for us :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Neon Lights away to Sheff UTD when in celebration I punched my mate on the NOSE....always remember that!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Correct, it wasn't a mishit cross at all, I was there and couldnt believe he scored from that far out, and it was fairly central ... Nogan got the second and never scored again for us :(

Having been there aswell i am also of the same opinion.

Recall Nogan hitting a bit of a goal famine before he was eventually sold but didnt realise this was his last one for us.

Ironic really, as earlier that season he was creating massive interest from bigger clubs and we turned down some big money offers for him. Almost straight after that he couldnt hit a cows back side with a banjo and just went down and down in value.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Nathan Jones putting us 1-0 up away to Wycombe. 2001?

Yes 2001. Chippy banged in a cross to jones who was stood on the 18yard box and he hit a sweet volley into the bottom left hand corner.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Two that have already been mentioned stick in the mind - Zamora's chip at Bury and Willie Irvine v Aston Villa - 3rd in that season's goal of the season.

Also what about Brian Horton's diving header at Newcastle?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
More distant memory this time, so facts maywobble but here goes.....

Peter O'Sullivan Screamer into the south stand goal v Cardiff must have been about 35 yards out back in about 78 we won 4-0 or 4-1

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mark Walton scoring off the backside of Kerry Mayo on our way to defeat against Chester City in the first season at Withdean.

A truly wonderful bit of trickery by Mr Oatway to score against Brighton at the Reading Library, followed by a wonder goal than had more bend in than Beckham could ever dream of producing.

Sadly, I can't really remember individual goals at The Goldstone. I saw plenty, but none really stick out other than the obvious few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here