Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion goals that stick in the mind

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Seeing as 'The Reinelt Goal' is the obvious one...

Crofts v Exeter last season (personal reasons)
Brooker v Plymouth on the day we won promotion from Division 3
Knight v Bristol City at Cardiff
Watson v Port Vale on the last day of the Division 2 winning season

to name a few

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Mark Lawrenson's goal against Wolves in a league cup tie I think. It was a midweek evening game and very misty. He took the ball from defence and ran all the way to other end and put it in. Fantastic!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
25 yards into the South stand goal?

We were shit out of luck when he had to retire with that injury. He would have ended up being a a fab player for us.

Yep after he had beaten about 5 Millwall players!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The name Colin Hawkins springs instantly to mind; for the bullet header and for the Route One diagonal run from dugout area to penalty-giving-away area to red-card-tunnel area. :lol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Gary Williams v Forest 1-0 win i think

Mine too. Sealed the double over the reigning European Champions.

It was a shot from the centre of the pitch about 30 yards out. No way was it a mishit cross.

Another Munday goal that sticks in the mind is his overhead kick at Birmingham.

Either your eyes or your memory are deceiving you. We were sitting at the side of the pitch and right in line with the flight of the ball. No way was it from the centre of the pitch.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mark Gall vs Millwall:bowdown:
I think that's the one I was thinking of.......scored in the North Stand goal at the Goldstone, he ran up what looked like a cul-de-sac with three Millwall defenders in front of him, did a bit of a Cruyff turn and curled it beautifully past the keeper.

That goal was jaw dropping. I am too young to remember Ward, but that was as good as anything Zamora, Byrne, Small, Nelson, Saunders, Connor and all the rest had ever scored.....such a shame his knees went.

D

Deleted User X18H

It was a shot from the centre of the pitch about 30 yards out. No way was it a mishit cross.

Another Munday goal that sticks in the mind is his overhead kick at Birmingham.

Leicester?

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Bobby Zamora vs Bradford City away 2001/2002 it was never a goal, but the save by Ben Roberts in front of us will forever stick in the memory.

I forgot about that save that was an amazing save but nothing compared to Beeney v Pompey in the FA Cup.

Booker v Bournemouth in that midweek game i remember really well
Zamora v Chesterfield out the keepers hands
Zamora v Bury from near the half way line
Melton v Burnley Away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here