Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion get £25,000 for Joel Lynch!!!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I can't see the problem really. A 25 grand loan fee for a player who's off our wage bill & has shown a moronic disregard for the club he was happy to sign a contract with - in order to ply his trade? It'd make me laugh if it wasn't such a pathetic situation.

Oh, & as a wee bit of extra info for y'all: I saw my Forest season ticket owning Bro-in-law at Crimbo, & he thought Lynch has been 'Pretty shit' since he sulked off ooop North. Here's hoping their new boss continues to ignore young Joel's shortcomings & they somehow manage to survive the drop this season. That way, at least we'll have a chunk of dosh to spend on bringing in somebody who initially - at least - might actually give a flying f*** about The Albion.

Well, one of them acts like an adult...

They would more likely reconcile their differences if Lynch had a shit time at Forest. But seeing as they want him for the rest of the season, and he wants to be there, I'd say the writing is on the wall.

Not forgetting that, IF we even manage to avoid relegation, Lynch will have the opportunity to play at a club that has facilities, and at the worst might end up in league 1 after he's gained experience of playing at a higher level.

edit; the 25 grand will probably be applied to discount if NF buy him from us later.

With his attitude to BHAFC, he'll be seeing ANYWHERE as having better prospects for a player like him.

And yes, he does have an attitude that's bigger than his ability warrants, but maybe that does get you through a few opening doors in life after all.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think perhaps people's view of the loan system has been shaped by BRIGHTON's experiences of it.

I think it is quite normal for:

a) The club borrowing the player to pay a fee.
b) The club borrowing the player to pay all the wages.

Just because we cannot often afford to do either does not mean the fact Forest can is somehow proof a future transfer is 'a done deal'.

No I think thats not right, of course you can strike a deal however you like but I think theres normally no fee and the club taking the player might be expected to pay half the wages.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As for my teacher's pet comments, Wilkins was undeniably biased towards his former youth-team players, picking them constantly, ignoring their bad performances...exactly what the Adams-haters slate MA for in relation to Virgo.

Absolutely! Great point.

And where did we finish under Wilkins last year? And where are we going to finish under Adams? Exactly.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I think if we took someone on loan from, say Crawley, we would pay all his wages. If Crawley loaned someone from us, they would contribute to them but not be expected to pay all the amount.

It all has to do with the motives behind the loan deal.

For example, players are loaned to us generally for the benefit of both clubs. We get a player and the parent club gets a reserve player more regular football. Therefore the wages are often shared.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What part of 'he doesn't want to play for Brighton' passes you by?

Incorrect - should read:

He doesn't want to play for Adams.

And considering some of Adams' decisions this year, I'd be surprised if more players weren't a fan of his man-management skills.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think if we took someone on loan from, say Crawley, we would pay all his wages. If Crawley loaned someone from us, they would contribute to them but not be expected to pay all the amount.

It all has to do with the motives behind the loan deal.

For example, players are loaned to us generally for the benefit of both clubs. We get a player and the parent club gets a reserve player more regular football. Therefore the wages are often shared.

Accepted

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Putting it as basically as possible, last season Lynch and Elphick played together very well for a season. Adams brings in a lump and plays him ahead of Lynch, even when he is very unfit. Lynch understandably kicks up a fuss.

The blame lies with Adams because he is the manager. He did not MANAGE Lynch correctly. Perhaps Lynch could have a better attitude but I think most people would be disgruntled by the whole Hawkins/Lynch situation because it was very shoddily handled.

Looking at the politics here I believe that Hawkins came to Brighton because Mickey knew him as a man and maybe he let us all down with his playing but it must be remembered that Hawkins had a double hernia op and IMO came back to early also looks like there could be a clear out of those that he feels are not with him majority of those that were here before he came.
Lynch is a Brighton boy and if he does not want to play for his home town club (maybe he is to good for us,we will see) then lets get what we can for him and let him go ..................and yes Adams could have handled it a bit better but that does not mean I want him OUT

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As for my teacher's pet comments, Wilkins was undeniably biased towards his former youth-team players, picking them constantly, ignoring their bad performances...exactly what the Adams-haters slate MA for in relation to Virgo.

That would be the youngsters that got us to 7th last season is it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And who were deemed by the mangement ie Adams, White,( from last year) Booker and possibly Hinshlewood Director of Football (from last year) wouldnt be good enough to hold their own in the division this year.

which has proved to be a tremendous judgement

:yahoo::yahoo:

BTW Did I really see you put somewhere that adamn el abd would make a good captain of the club when we get to Falmer....or was I having a nightmare

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
which has proved to be a tremendous judgement

:yahoo::yahoo:

That is what they and management of all companies at all levels are paid for and they stand or fall by their decisions. I think that they will be proved right. We must remember that 2 of the four had the dealings with them last season and one would assume had an input into the decisions taken.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And who were deemed by the mangement ie Adams, White,( from last year) Booker and possibly Hinshlewood Director of Football (from last year) wouldnt be good enough to hold their own in the division this year.

Only one of those mentioned above has ever had a clue about managing at this level though and even the one is now a bit suspect. I'd take Wilkins opinion about the youngsters above all those mentioned above including Adams. f*** he even fell out with the best youngster before the season started :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is what they and management of all companies at all levels are paid for and they stand or fall by their decisions. I think that they will be proved right. We must remember that 2 of the four had the dealings with them last season and one would assume had an input into the decisions taken.

I am sorry Brian, we are going to have to disagree with you on this point.

I personally think this has been one f*** up from start to now and Adams has gone from someone who a lot of people remember with affection ( apart from him telling us to f*** off so he could get a better job) to someone that a huge percentage of the crowd thinks is now a disaster.

I think it is a great shame.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Where did that come from.

Adams of course had decided that some of the youngsters were not in his plans and White would accept that and probably anything that his manager said.

But Hinshelwood too ???? ......... where did you hear that, I would suppose that he takes great pride and some credit in helping develop those local youngsters that have made their way to first team status.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
No 'perhaps' about it. Lynch's attitude is apalling.

It wasn't shoddily handled. Adams - as per his paid role at the club - made a choice about which player he preferred to play. The fact many disagree with the choice is simply not the issue. Whether Lynch is good enough (he probably is) is also not the issue.

The issue is that Lynch feels humiliated and disgusted about a newbie who he considers his inferior talent-wise playing in his place. So he sulks. And sulks. When he regains his place, he tells the manager to stick it - that's very unprofessional. Micky also rejected his transfer request twice, giving a strong indication that Lynch was always in his plans.

The fact that Micky picked him for the first team and that Lynch twice demanded a transfer, and yet still wants to leave, points to an issue that either (a) he couldn't get on with someone like Micky, a person who takes much less crap from his players than his predecessor did or (b) the first club - Forest in this instance - to had wave a cheque under his nose saying 'we're interested in you...', and - bang - he's off. Or possibly both.

It's Lynch's attitude that is the issue here.

I wonder how much crap Micky gets from other players who are dropped.

Yes he has an attitude problem that may hinder him later in his career, but what we (as a club) should be worrying about is how he is doing at that moment in time.

Now towards the end of last season, Lynch and Elphick formed a good, solid partnership together. I know that Lynch was injured pre season, and Hawkins did well. But then when Hawkins got injured and Lynch played well against Northampton, an unfit Hawkins slotted back in ahead of him for the next match. That is the issue for me: Adams prefered an unfit Hawkins to a fit Lynch, and I think its fair enough for Lynch to think thats its time to move on to pastures new when he sees that he is not in Adams plans.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
In fairness to Adams, the only youngster he hasnt stuck by this season who was getting in the team last season is Lynch; so this talk of Adams taking the young'uns out of the team this year is a bit off.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Basically Forest have paid us £25k so they can keep Lynchy on loan for the rest of the season. That covers the wages of Mr Blobby Savage :tosser: when he was here rebuilding his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here