Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion get £25,000 for Joel Lynch!!!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

.........not bad and they are paying his wages!!!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Please tell me that is not us selling him for that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Please tell me that is not us selling him for that.

I don't read it like that, £25K to pay to have him on loan till the end of this season.

He is under contract with us till the season after next.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Notts Forest are paying us £ 25000 for the use of Lynch's services until the end of the season. If they saty up they will sign him full time , if they go down he will come back is the bottom line. A decent bit of short trm business to get £ 25000 and not have to pay his wages but Forest must see a lot in him to offer that money.

D

Deleted User X18H

I never said we had sold him for that:laugh:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would wholeheartedly agree with the comment above about having him back in Brighton and fighting for a place in the team, sadly this is incredibly unlikely with the current managerial structure in place, so leaving him at Forest until the end of the season and charging them £25k for the pleasure would seem like good business. Of course, a lot can change in a few months, Forest might avoid relegation and they may keep Joel (for a fee), they may go down and we could sell him to someone else (he will have spent a few months in a shop window slightly larger than division one can offer)...or, there may be a managerial change at the Albion that is able to pursuade him that his future is here and not elsewhere.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Good business..... 25,000 and everyone's happy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would wholeheartedly agree with the comment above about having him back in Brighton and fighting for a place in the team, sadly this is incredibly unlikely with the current managerial structure in place, so leaving him at Forest until the end of the season and charging them £25k for the pleasure would seem like good business. Of course, a lot can change in a few months, Forest might avoid relegation and they may keep Joel (for a fee), they may go down and we could sell him to someone else (he will have spent a few months in a shop window slightly larger than division one can offer)...or, there may be a managerial change at the Albion that is able to pursuade him that his future is here and not elsewhere.

I don't think Lynch is interested in being here regardless of who the manager is.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't think Lynch is interested in being here regardless of who the manager is.

In which case choose from my first two options. I find it really sad that we have arrived at this situation as I consider him to be possibly the best of that whole crop of academy players who made it through to the first team, I always felt that if he got the right move it could see him play football at the highest level...which he still might!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In which case choose from my first two options. I find it really sad that we have arrived at this situation as I consider him to be possibly the best of that whole crop of academy players who made it through to the first team, I always felt that if he got the right move it could see him play football at the highest level...which he still might!

I agree it's sad, but I just wonder whether Lynch has a touch of the Leon Knight syndrome (ie - I'm far too good for Brighton) about him.

I hope that's not the case, as he's a player I'd love to see in our team, but sadly I think he's a lost cause as far as him playing (or more accurately, wanting to play) for the Albion again is concerned, so the best course of action has to now be to get as much money for him as we can, and this 25k is certainly a better start than nothing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I think he may well change his mind come pre-season next year or if not will be sold.

Shame really as a very talented player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£25k is a good fee, may well reduce the amount we get for him if Forest buy him? But we'll see!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree it's sad, but I just wonder whether Lynch has a touch of the Leon Knight syndrome (ie - I'm far too good for Brighton) about him.

I hope that's not the case, as he's a player I'd love to see in our team, but sadly I think he's a lost cause as far as him playing (or more accurately, wanting to play) for the Albion again is concerned, so the best course of action has to now be to get as much money for him as we can, and this 25k is certainly a better start than nothing.

You are probably right about the Leon Knight syndrome, add to that the CKR situation, it shows that at times we have difficulty managing players with real talent (regardless of what you think of the three it is hard to argue that they didn't)...Leon doesn't seem to have made the most of his career, CKR has gone from strength to strength since leaving...I guess we are at a 'watch this space' situation with Joel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here